Rephrasing: Which sim are you using the most?

mgovernali

My apologies everyone, I had posted a similar post a few days ago, but it just occurred to me that I might have placed the question wrong. In the previous post I had asked "how many of us were still using FS9" but that could skew the numbers as those folks who are using other Sims may not feel the need to reply. Similar surveys have been done before (many times) but I wanted to see what the actual numbers were in mid-2015. Reason, I believe software designers are under the impression that almost no-one is using FS9 nowadays - hence they have stopped making FS9 add-ons. It all comes down to money of course, so maybe we could show them that FS9 is still alive and well? So please forgive my previous post and please reply to this one.

WHICH SIM ARE YOU USING THE MOST - FS9/FSX/P3D/XPLANE?

(no comments necessary - but welcome)

Thank you kindly. Mark.

FSX MS version.

People have tried for years to show that "FS2004 is still alive and well." But developers have mainly moved on and the responses you may or may not get here are not going to change a single developers mind.

Also you are not going to get anything close to an actual number from mid-2015 about anything.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

My previous Comment from the other Thread stands... 100% FS 9.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Well, in that case, I fly FSX Accel 72.350% and FS9 25.50% and 'Other' 2.150%. I used the hrs flying in each for data extrapulation and used excell to graph and quantify (error +/- 0.01%). My milage always varies and I pause a lot (I take naps). ::smiley::

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

FSX MS version.

People have tried for years to show that "FS2004 is still alive and well." But developers have mainly moved on and the responses you may or may not get here are not going to change a single developers mind.

Also you are not going to get anything close to an actual number from mid-2015 about anything.

I agree with you for the most part Jim. But just to keep the interest going - as there's does not seem to be much to talk about - in the sim-world nowadays. But here is an example which although unrelated might give us something to go by. MS had decided to drop the start button with the release of windows 8, then they released 8.1 and despite everyone asking for it - they still left it out. But people kept on asking for the start button on their desktop. Well, it would appear that the upcoming windows 10 will finally bring back the start button again. So sometimes it is a matter of numbers - and money, if enough people ask for something - then I am sure they would be crazy not to at least consider extending the life of these add-ons. Isn't money what they want to make? Well we want to give them money! I bought every single Fly Tampa add-on there is, but since they stopped making FS9 add-ons I haven't spent a penny there. I am asking the same question on several other sites, it will be interesting if not anything else.

mark.

FSX MS version.

I guess some people just don't get that "alive and well" does not have to mean FS9 is still being developed with new releases. It is very much alive and well on my rig and will remain that way for a long time. If there are no new FS9 releases, so be it. Amazing how if you don't run with the "in" crowd you are viewed as somehow odd or behind the times.

That attitude has really reared it's ugly head this week.

Regards,

Joe

http://files.100megabyte.com/ifly/media/signatures/BetaTeam%20Short.jpg

In that case I am now using X-Plane 9 99% of the time Prior to that, it was always FS9. The improvements that FSX has over FS9 are not worth the performance issues that still can't be overcome. I want to land at KORD or KJFK with my WOAI at 100% and lots of clouds without having to worry about frames. I want things to be silky smooth and that is what I get with FS9 or XP9.

Ricardo

FSThrottle.com

100% FSX, I was a FS9 user until FSX came out and found the flight dynamics are just so much better in FSX than FS9, this is the reason P3D came in to being. I think FS9 still has some life left in it yet but I cant see any developers spending time or money on payware add-ons of any great ground breaking software for it.

I understand those who had FSX and went back to FS9 as FS9 is easier to work with and a lot less buggy and less demanding on your hardware than FSX. There was a time where the amount of FS9 freeware and payware was a lot more substantial than FSX was but I think that time has past and I cant see FS9 evolving beyond what it has today. FS9 I see as a great stepping stone, with cheaper add-ons etc. before dipping your toe in the FSX pond where things are more expensive, complex, and users having to be a bit more savvy when it comes to hardware and software.

The usability of FS9 beats FSX without question, as does the system stability. I think FSX has a few more evolutions to go which I find exciting as I did with FS9. All great things die out in the end and I believe that FS9 is on its last legs, as sad as that may be.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

I can only say this, when I started uploading items back to the members for FS9 the download numbers where very low. But when I started for FSX the downloads went through the roof.

So I say and use FSX only

Respectfully:

David :pilot:

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

FS9, thanks for asking!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Have tried FSX (have the demo loaded),but I have too much time and effort committed to FS2004 to change. I do not see a significant enough difference (unless you load up with ORBX Scenery packages) to make me switch. Plus, there ate plenty of FSX quality sceneries available for FS9. I've tried X-plane, but for some reason it won't run on my machine, and P3D seems way over priced. I'm an FS-9er all the way!

FS9 - 85%, FSX-SE - 15%.

I love flying the Hornet and Tomcat, and FSX-SE has one I am madly in love with (freeware), but FS9 has pretty much the rest of the planes/choppers I fly, when I do.

Just as a side note, I've never had any trouble with FSX-SE. No lockups, OOM problems, none of the goodies I read about in the forums. That's just me, though.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 3 weeks later...

Until last December: FSX-Deluxe SP2 = 100%.

Early-mid January: FSX-Steam = 85%, FSX Deluxe SP2 = 15% as I made sure Steam Edition really was an improvement and laboriously transferred all my addons to it.

Mid January - present: FSX-Deluxe SP2 = 0% (uninstalled), FSX-Steam = 100%

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

• 2 weeks later...

2002-2003: FS2002

2005-May 2013: FS2004

May 2013-October 2014: FSX-A

October 2014-Present: P3D2

I do have XP9, XP10:S and FSX:S but they rarely get used. I used XP10 briefly while I was developing some scenery for my flight school's PCATDs.

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

Started simming at the end of 2013 with X-Plane or FSX in mind. I opted for FSX. It never occurred to me to even look at older platforms like fs2004.

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

I'm using 2x versions of FS9, the 'normal', well, very much added to, & a regressed scenery version called 'Golden Wings'. I'm also using P3Dv1.4 on my laptop. (no DX11)

We also using FS9, about 20 installs, at our VA club, as we use add-on scenery for South Africa (freeware Aeroworx) & aircraft that the other sims do not have. Also, FS9 is perfect for the older PC's that are used there.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

FS9 mostly. P3Dv2 is installed but FS9 has more airports/areas covered in detail. With REX for the sky, Bloom for the look, GE Pro for the ground, and Zinertech for Water FS9 holds it's own with newer sims.

Totally skipped FSX.

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/Dillon01.jpg

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

FS9 here. Have the boxed FSX and FSX:SE but still prefer the olders sim, especially for vintage airliners. It's more stable, smoother, and with my addons and tweaks, looks better to my eyes. It also has the benefit of taking up a hell of a lot less space and not suffering from the A/P bouncing bug with time acceleration to the same degree.
i5 4670K - 16GB - GTX970 HOF - W7

FS9 50%, FSX 40%, X-Plane 10%.

FS9 runs very sweet on my system with GEPro, ASE, Zinertech water, and some beautiful planes, especially the default Ford Trimotor with dozens of beautiful paints!

http://ivao.websafe.dk/img/promo/promo_sm.jpghttp://status.ivao.aero/R/317780.png

John

Archived