How many simmers still use fs2004?

mgovernali

Hello everyone. I know this has been done many times before, but I was wondering how many of us simmers still use the old but trusted FS2004/FS9, V.S. FSX/P3D/XPlane?

Please participate, as it is important that software designers know what we simmers need.

Thank you.

P.S. No comments are necessary, just name the sim you are using.

Thank you kindly.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have it and use it on occasion, and will until the Dream Fleet 727 or something as good as that comes to FSX. In fact, due to my computer's limitations, I will probably keep using it to see triple digit frame rates until I can upgrade the hardware again!

100 % FS9 with all Bill Lyons great works..Separate CP..along with FSX and now FSX-STEAM.on another CP..Sorry I lost FLIGHT,or I would have that also..All maxed out And Perform Beautifully..NEVER MET A SIM I DID NOT LIKE

I port over FS98, FS2k2, and FS9 models (vehicles, ufo's, etc) into FSX and now FSX Acceleration. I like 'experimental' type AC. And YES I have all of those Sims installed on my computer. Can't never have too many Sims.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I'm still a FS2004 user. I started out using FSX, but realized just how unstable it can be. I have had to remove and reinstall FSX far too many times, but I have only had to do the same thing a couple of times with FS2004. To me, FS2004 is a stable program, and you can get roughly the same results out of the sim that you can with FSX. I only wish that some designers would stick with development for FS2004. I have seen a couple of payware designers promise versions of their addons for FS2004 only to turn around halfway through development and say that they will no longer be designing for FS2004. Lionheart and Qualitywings are two prime examples, with their DA40 and 787 models, respectively.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." :pilot:

-Leonardo da Vinci

Since WOAI and big airports like KORD, KJFK, KSEA are my thing in MSFS, it's 100% FS9 for me. I want the AI up to 100% at these place and with FS9, I know my framerates will be just fine, even with some nice clouds going on.

Ricardo

FSThrottle.com

With a rather large FS9 installation, I am quite happy with everything about FS9. I own, and have tried FSX multiple times but I just don't care for anything about it. Will continue with FS9 for a long time.

Regards,

Joe

http://files.100megabyte.com/ifly/media/signatures/BetaTeam%20Short.jpg

Personally, I've had FS9 since it came out. I loved it then, when I was running it on a P2-400 I had Dell built just for it (for about $5,000.00, as i recall). I've been transferring it from PC to PC as I upgraded, with my wife's Dell 7400 one of the best, till the HD crashed. I stuck it on my brand new Dell (yeah yeah, but they've done good by me. My wife was deep in the 7200 scandal they had, so this 1750 laptop was pretty much free, and it travels. The 7400 weighs in at a bit over 70 LBS! :D ) and it's been happily zipping along ever since. Eventually, I discovered the world of add-ons a couple years ago, whether scenery, or aircraft, or whatever, as well as the forums, and it really took off. No pun intended.

I picked up FSX-SE, when it was the incredibly high price of $5.00, just to see what all the FSX fuss was over. I never did, so I still FS9 mostly. I did kinda go add-on crazy for FSX when I first got it, but it got kinda old pretty fast. Besides, this poor old laptop can't handle much in the way of add-ons anyway. Not for FSX-SE at least, altho I've never had it crash on me, I must admit. Of late, I must also admit, I've been kinda focused on this FSXBA Hornet project I'm sort-of helping out on, a little. We're making pretty long strides, too, I have to admit, and the thing is treat to fly. As near as I can tell, having studied assiduously the NATOPS, the flight characteristics, as well as hardware realism, is getting pretty darn good. I'm still trying to figure out some maneuvers, but I can land 8 times of 10 (3/10 on a carrier). For me, It's a lot of fun. I was too stupid (read foolish. Plenty brain-smart) to go to college on my parent's dime to go the officer route and fly myself, sadly, so this is the best I can do, now. So, I do!

Anyway, other than that, I'm FS9 all the way, including a Hornet on it from Team FS KBT, and Dino's famous F-14D, which I love. Both slightly (ahem) modified, of course. For me, this sim is an ongoing learning experience, and I love every second of it. The details of making a decent Panel.cfg, not always very "true to reality", the "Hey, it worked!" of an aircraft.cfg, or the "so THAT'S what that does!" of an .air file, are always a bit of a thrill.

So, short answer, I guess, is FS9, 85%, FSX-SE, 15%.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I have ben playing sims since gunship and chuck Yeager flight on the commodore 64 , I loved the combat series 1,2 and 3...but im poor so me having a system that would;d run the newer sims really sucked. Well Im happy to say i finally got to instal tonight fsx for the first time, is it better then 2004 and fs9? well the graphics are just amazing , but it is one of the most unstable sims ive ever played. Im still looking for patches i installed the sp 1 patch but wow id hate to of seen it if it was worse then it is now without the patch lol. I got a fx-8150 8 core cpu and the msi r6770 with 1 gig ddr5 gpu, my main thing i really need is to increase the 4 gig ram i have installed at this time but im happy after being on here for over 5 years to be getting to play instead of looking at the downloads and being in envey cause i could not fly those great birds lol

100% FSX, the flight dynamics leaves FS9 in its dust.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.