Help - KLSV Disappeared

mrichie

I've given up searching forums, blogs, help sites and Google trying to find a solution to

this problem. So I am turning to the collective wisdom here.

Everything was working fine at Nellis AFB. It has been heavily edited over the years and has a full complement

of Red Flag kites and flight plans. I started up FS2004 and KLSV is now an empty field. No aprons, no runways,

no aircraft, no buildings.

I checked the AFCAD editor and both the stock airport and the AF2 airport are intact. I removed the AF2 airport file and restarted with the same result. I refreshed the stock airport file - AP917190.BGL from Disc 3, again no joy.

Back to the AFCAD and I added a number of parking spaces, saved the file AF2_KLSV and restarted.

Aircraft show up in the parking spaces, they taxi, take off and land, so the underlying

code for movement is intact. But all the buildings and anything visable like

an apron or runway is still missing. The elevation is correct.

All other airports in the area still show up and function.

Any thoughts, suggestions, solutions? I'm really stumped on this one.

Thanx.....

"For every problem, no matter how complex, there is

always a solution that is simple, well reasoned, elegant

and wrong . . ." H. L. Mencken

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing. Last thing I added was a couple of textures to some existing

aircraft. That was a month ago.

In April I added Vegas2004 scenery enhancements by Shigeo"shige"Ishii.

It added street signs and other little details to the stock Las vegas. But

Nellis was still showing after that install.

It was all good Monday and Tuesday it was gone.

Beginning to look like a Stephen King novel.

M

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing. I added a couple of new a/c skins a while back and in April added

Vegas2004 by Shigeo"shige"Ishii. That added some street detail to Las Vegas.

But Nellis was working after that install.

Nellis is heavily edited with Red Flag a/c and flightplans. They were working Monday and

Tuesday everything was gone. Looks like a Stephen King novel.

There may be an exclude file in some other scenery for that region such as Vegas2004 which has caused Nellis to disappear. Try de-activating each scenery one at a time and see if Nellis re-appears.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Good idea. Just uninstalled the last five scenery add-ons installed - goes back to November 2014. Still no joy. Had a thought that in the Scenery Library I should take the

VEGAS2004 scenery and push it lower in the list . . . give it a higher number.

That had to effect. I'm trying to think outside the box but really stalled.

Can't explain why the parking spots, apron routes, taxi ways and runways work, but the visual elements are gone. I'm actually loosing sleep over this.

I gotta get a hobby . . . oh, yea, I do.

I've cleared out any scenery remotely related to Las Vegas and Nevada.

Out of curiosity I downloaded Nevada Airport Updates Pack 3 by Jose Gutierrez.

They are straight forward AFCAD edits. I installed them and activated through

the normal Scenery Library settings. The set includes KLSV, KLAS, KTHP and KWMC.

Three of these are functioning normally but KLSV does not display any hard surfaces.

All the new parking spots are present and aircraft move and take off etc.

Previously I had striped out any KLSV versions except the stock airport with no results.

Is this a DLL issue?

What would happen if I took out the stock KLSV file and substituted

the LSV from the Nevada Updates package giving it the name of the stock airport? AP171190.BGL

Apparently there is an Area 51 scenery which excludes Nellis. I've just installed Nevada Pack 3 and KLSV is there in FS9 with buildings, runways etc. but I don't have any other addons for Nevada except UT USA and FS Global 2010.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

OK. I have an add on called RA51 but it has been in place since 2005.

I'll take it out anyway. Anyone else out there want to jump in with a suggestion?

While making scenery for FS9 I come across problems that have no attached logic; I have one now where a runway displays only centreline, threshold markers, and designator numbers, ignoring all else such as distance markers, sidelines, etc. Gremlins. Have you looked at the scenery.cfg file itself, as opposed to opening the scenery library within FS9, and checked it for accuracy? This I will follow with interest.

Did you look at the discussion of a similar problem noted below, whch was in 2014? They didn't seem to solve it, though it was agreed it was an elevation problem. I have noticed that stock airports often have elevations, for example, of 126.8964 feet (presumably first made in metres) and that new runways and aprons then "float" slightly. Changing the elevation to 127 feet then solves the problem, and such a small change does not require an elevation.bgl to be put into fs9/scenery/world/scenery. No real solution comes to mind, but it for sure sounds like an elevation problem.

I thought about elevation too. Except all the aircraft were sitting on the ground level. I double checked anyway and the elevations matched. I even raised the elevation about

2 feet just to check and got floating a/c.

I went to the scenery.config file when this first happened and could not find anything out of joint. Of course once I removed the add-on scenery for Tonopah, Area 51,

Las Vegas street details and the AF2_KLSV file nothing would show in the config file

once it was rebooted.

I think this has to do with with a stray .dll file or a "layers" issue. I have no understanding of .blg file internal workings. But I know there is code of invisible stuff like parking spots, gates, DME and ILS information. Then there is code for visible

features like runways and buildings. Tis' a puzzlement, on the other hand . . .

I've created a work around by downloading MAIW Nellis AFB Package and installing that -

which I should have done 5 years ago when it came out. Just never occurred to me.

The initial problem still remains a mystery but I'm back to an airport with visible scenery.

And I still have a runway that shows only threshold, numbers, and centreline in FS9, while in SceneryGenX there are also touchdown markers, and distance markers. When I open the airport in AFCAD everything shows as per GenX, but if I save it as an AFCAD then FS9 still refuses to display everything. And for sure there is only the stock airfield and my modified version on the computer. Gremlins. Arno where are you?

And I still have a runway that shows only threshold, numbers, and centreline in FS9, while in SceneryGenX there are also touchdown markers, and distance markers.

Is the runway very narrow?

Runways have to be a certain width before all elements are displayed by FS, regardless of what you see in any other programs.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived