Any chance of a proper 757/767?

The Level D 767 is VERY outdated, the CaptainSim 757 is almost garbage, and the Qualitywings 757 is just not complex enough. For some reason PMDG still think Level D is around and are refusing to develop a 757 out of respect for them, and for some reason they refuse to develop a 767. Who should we turn to for this? I am going to graduate into a 757 soon at my virtual airline, and I need a proper plane to fly!
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

The Level D 767 is VERY outdated, the CaptainSim 757 is almost garbage, and the Qualitywings 757 is just not complex enough.

Your opinion, of course.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I think the only chance we have is a QW 757v2, until then the only airliners for FSX we are to have are the 737NGX, 777, Airbus-X, Coolsky MD-80 and the dusty LDS-767, with soon to be released a 747v2 by PMDG. Not too bad even though few major ones are lacking. Plus a few good regionals we have.

I fly the QW 757 almost daily, not sure what you think it's lite on, unless you like pushing circuit breakers :-)... for $25 it's a steal!

Exactly! I thought JustFlight's Freemium 757 was the bee's knees, until I purchased this package.

It's also my daily flier!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I don't see PMDG ever doing a 757/767. Not only because of any agreement

or whatever, but also because they are discontinued planes. I think they would

most likely stick with current models, unless it's something off the usual path.

If anything, I sort of suspect they are plotting the 787.. If they could get the

needed data from Boeing.. But seems to me, that plane is one they would probably

have noticeable eyeball glint while pondering.

From the looks, the new 747 should be the cats meow. But dunno.. I still like the

737's.. Can go into smaller airports, BBJ use, etc.. If I use the 600 with the short

field package, I can run out of some fairly short runways being as I'm usually light

running as a pseudo BBJ. Say Hot Springs AR, and or fairly equal.. No problemo..

For some reason PMDG still think Level D is around and are refusing to develop a 757 out of respect for them, and for some reason they refuse to develop a 767.

Where did PMDG state that?

Well, I can only say that ....first....I love the Quality Wings 757 as it is great in both FSX and P3D....as the speedbrakes and engine reversers show clearly on the default instant replay which the PMDG does not....I do not understand why Quality Wings can do this and PMDG cannot do this....Secondly, I love the Level D 767 and some can get it to work in P3D but my inquiries show it is not compatible completely...so I use it in FSX....I mostly fly the PMDG 777 in both FSX and P3D and love it...my disappointment is stated above... so for me ...I have what I need...I just have to keep my rig in good operating condition and I have spent lots of money to get where I am just like zillions of other simmers in this hobby....Happy airways to all....al v

most likely stick with current models, unless it's something off the usual path.

If anything, I sort of suspect they are plotting the 787.. If they could get the

needed data from Boeing.. But seems to me, that plane is one they would probably

From the looks, the new 747 should be the cats meow. But dunno.. I still like the

737's.. Can go into smaller airports, BBJ use, etc.. If I use the 600 with the short

field package, I can run out of some fairly short runways being as I'm usually light

running as a pseudo BBJ. Say Hot Springs AR, and or fairly equal.. No problemo..

QW is currently in final stages of a 787, and it looks awesome. Also on the list is a 737 Classic :)

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ultimate-787-flightdeck-preview-reboot_topic1915.html

http://vnorthwest.com/lib/signatures/NWA3004.png

Great VA! Join me at http://www.vnorthwest.com :)

PMDG is working on the 744V2 and X-Plane DC-6 now, doubt they'll have a 757/767 out for a long time, if at all. Maybe they will tackle the A350 or A380 next? There aren't really any high quality addons out there for them that I'm aware of.

Also, I'm not sure what the issue is with the CS 757/767 is? Sure they have some quirks, but once you learn to fly them they are fine, I own the 752/3/F and 763. That's all my opinion of course. :)

I fly the QW 757 almost daily, not sure what you think it's lite on, unless you like pushing circuit breakers :-)... for $25 it's a steal!

I often thought about getting the QW 757, do you know if it is DX10 compatible?

Corsair C70 Corsair AX850 Asus z77 Sabertooth Intel i7 3770K 4.4GHz Liquid cooled with Corsair H110 16 GB nVidia GTX 680 Corsair Dominator Ram 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD Windows 7 Ultimate all running FSX on it's own 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro and a WD 1TB Black for Back Up. Finally something that will run FSX decently!

I often thought about getting the QW 757, do you know if it is DX10 compatible?

I believe it is. Checking their site and Google, there's mentions of it being compatible.

You can buy a 767 brand new from Boeing, they are still in production.

You can buy a 767 brand new from Boeing, they are still in production.

Barely, only delivered 7 year-to-date, all to FedEx.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Captainsim 757/767 is garbage? Why don't you actually fly it first instead of basing your opinion's off of other people's. While the 757/767 were somewhat lacking upon release, at their latest patch I fly them with the same precision as the NGX.

Barely, only delivered 7 year-to-date, all to FedEx.

peace,

the Bean

And more to come as we phase out more of the MD-10s

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

• 1 month later...

They made a new version of the 747 400, and it is out of production AND less common then 767s. In the US the 767 is the backbone of all longhaul fleets. Delta and United are the only US airlines that own 747s and Delta has very few of them at that. If we are missing the 767 we are missing out on practically ALL USA based long haul operations! The 777 has a similar case. At KSEA their are only 2 or 3 USA airline operated 777s operating, and it is a decently large airport! Practically all of Deltas Boeing longhauls and most of United/Americans are run on the 767. I can understand not doing the 757, but it also is a very common workhorse. The 787 on the other hand is missing from most of the worlds airports, and in my opinion unjustifiable. What ever company wants to do a 767/757 should do it by 2017, otherwise if they wait much longer their might not be any 767s left! Sorry for resurrecting this topic btw, I just needed to make this point

Captainsim 757/767 is garbage? Why don't you actually fly it first instead of basing your opinion's off of other people's. While the 757/767 were somewhat lacking upon release, at their latest patch I fly them with the same precision as the NGX.

Yeah maybe that was a bit strong sorry :/ What did they add in the latest patch?

They made a new version of the 747 400, and it is out of production AND less common then 767s. In the US the 767 is the backbone of all longhaul fleets. Delta and United are the only US airlines that own 747s and Delta has very few of them at that. If we are missing the 767 we are missing out on practically ALL USA based long haul operations! The 777 has a similar case. At KSEA their are only 2 or 3 USA airline operated 777s operating, and it is a decently large airport! Practically all of Deltas Boeing longhauls and most of United/Americans are run on the 767. I can understand not doing the 757, but it also is a very common workhorse. The 787 on the other hand is missing from most of the worlds airports, and in my opinion unjustifiable. What ever company wants to do a 767/757 should do it by 2017, otherwise if they wait much longer their might not be any 767s left! Sorry for resurrecting this topic btw, I just needed to make this point

I understand the point, but I still don't think PMDG will ever do the 757/767.

They redid the 747, but I think a lot of that was due to RR being a BIG 747 fan.

I think if they did have any intention of doing the 757/767, they would have already

done it by now.

I think you will see more 787's as time goes by. And myself, I think PMDG should

do that plane. It would sell. If I were to choose a larger jet to go to from the 737,

it would probably be the 787. Having a PMDG quality VC of that airplane would be

a hoot. It's quite a bit more advanced than any of their older planes. And one thing

I like.. Even the lowly FO gets his own HGS. ;)

If I were to fly the 787, it would most likely be with United paint, being as that's

our local outfit that runs them. They are in and out of KIAH every day.

I used to run the 757/767 a lot years ago, pretty much starting when the old Eric Earnst

panel came out for FS98, but it's been quite a while since I last ran one.

Archived