I have an idea and would like your input!

EAP218

I am looking to design a flight sim mmo. My idea is to include all the great features from flight sims and addon programs all under one roof. My question is, would anyone be interested in something like this? If you have comments or ideas, please post or pm me! Thanks.

Properly "MMORPG". Initials for "Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game". Things like EverQuest, World of Warcraft, and so on, fall into this category.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Properly "MMORPG". Initials for "Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game". Things like EverQuest, World of Warcraft, and so on, fall into this category.

Pat[emoji5]

Better, or perhaps more relevant, examples would be Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous and No Man's Sky. A sim that combined the functionality of FSEconomy, VATSIM and virtual airlines that still maintains a good level of realism is an interesting idea. One could start out as a new pilot in training before picking a career path like bush flying or airliners.

FSX is not a game, it is a lifetime continuum, amen.

Cheers,

I would suggest looking into some of the recent and upcoming space MMOs before simply righting this off as just another dirty game idea. There can be quite a bit of depth involved if done right.

isn't it sort of already available through VATSIM and if you fly for a virtual airline ( neither I do ), and if you have FSPassengers then you have a career mode as well. Not sure how well FSX would translate in to a MMORG, but then I don't play MMORGs either.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

I wouldn't be using FSX, I'd be building the whole thing from scratch. What I'm thinking is a flight sim that will cater to anyone really. If you just want to fly, you can... however if you want to play the mmo, you open up more features.

Content is an issue i'm trying to work out right now... As an msfs flyer myself, I realize addons are a huge part of the game, however not really an ability in the current mmo mindset. I absolutely want people to be able to create their own content, however I also don't know if there will be any limitations with the current game engines. Among other features, The mmo will greatly expand on current addon programs such as vatsim, fspax, fseconomy and such. I don't want to give too much away right now, due to the fact that ideas can be stolen, however I am working on a website to give info and will put up a link here when it's done. :)

Funding will wait until I can guarantee that it'll be a hit, If this is something people want, i'll find a way to do it, if not... well, that would suck. I know I haven't said too much about it yet, and that's to protect most of the features/ideas, however it's also because I haven't quite worked out if these features will be able to work with current game engines.

Archived