FSX Keeps crashing on midflight: FUNNY LOOKING SCREEN

Do not understand why, I installed FSX just recently on my laptop to also have it on the go besides just having it on my desktop.

So Here are my specs

Windows 7(64 Bit 64X Structure)

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L675-S7108

My FSX CFG Has the latest tweeks. Crashed before and after I added them

I also run on a Dual Core processor. Intel I3 Core

I have 3 major fsx presentations for school before its out next week, will really love to pull it off .

Will be flying Eastern on the MIA to MCO route. :)

Regards: Nelson Acosta

rps20150528_151736.jpg

Yep agree with the above comments, your laptop hardware cant handle what you are trying to do. I would be very careful as you could cause permanent damage to your laptop if you keep trying to run what you are running that it cant handle.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Model Name:

Part Number:

PSK3AU

-

S

UPC:

Operating System

Genuine Windows ® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor

and Graphics

Intel

®

Coreâ„¢ i3-380M Processor

2.53 GHz, 3MB Cache

Mobile Intel

®

HM55 Express Chipset

Mobile Intel

®

HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated

shared graphics memory Memory

Configured with 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (max 8GB)

2 memory slots. Both slots occupied.

Satellite L675 Detailed Product Specification

Model Name:

Part Number:

PSK3AU

-

S

UPC:

Operating System

Genuine Windows ®

7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor and Graphics

Intel ® Core™ i3-380M Processor

2.53 GHz, 3MB Cache

Mobile Intel ®

HM55 Express Chipset

Mobile Intel ®

HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated

shared graphics memory

Memory

Configured with 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (max 8GB)

2 memory slots. Both slots occupied.

Storage Drive

500GB (5400 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive

Fixed Optical Disk Drive

DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash

®

supporting 11 formats

Maximum speed and compatibility: CD-ROM (24x), CD-

R (24x),

CD-RW (24x), DVD-ROM (8x), DVD-R (8x), DVD-R DL (8x),

DVD-RW (8x), DVD+R (8x), DVD+R DL (8x), DVD+RW (8x)

, DVD-RAM (5x)

Supports Labelflash

®

media to burn high quality labels directly on

the disc.

Display

17.3” diagonal widescreen TruBrite

®

TFT display at 1600 x 900 native

resolution (HD+)

Native support for 720p content

16:9 aspect ratio

LED backlit

Temperature

5° to 35° C

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Yep agree with the above comments, your laptop hardware cant handle what you are trying to do. I would be very careful as you could cause permanent damage to your laptop if you keep trying to run what you are running that it cant handle.

Darryl

Running a program that the hardware cannot handle has never permanently damaged a computer in the history of computers.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Other than drivers, did you set FSX res to your monitor 'native' res. They should both be the same.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Let me adjust it a little then, to:

agreed, you'll need a new graphics chip.

I didn't know the option of changing a graphics card was limited to gaming laptops. I have seen cards for laptops in the shop, and assumed...

I admit, I never owned a laptop.

But after pvarn kindly posted the specifics, things are becoming clear.

No graphics card in the laptop now means the graphics are done by the chip (HD graphics) that is inside the processor.

To exchange that, you would have to get a new processor.

And switching processors is not always an option in laptopseither, that much I did know.

If you can't replace the processor, and can't install a videocard, that would be pretty grim.

The only other cause of this weird screen that I can think of is a virus, that takes over the laptop and displays this screen. Especially likely if the screen looks exactly the same every time.

If you want to try a free scan, try AVG rescue disk. You can download and use it for free. It comes as a .iso file that you download and burn to a seperate computer. (So you know the rescue disk itself doesn't get infected).

The AVG rescue disk is a scanner on CD that you use to start the pc with. It has a small linux OS on board, that runs completely standalone. Your harddisk is not used to store files of the OS, it's all done in temporary ram memory. Don't worry, you don't have to know anything about linux.

Well, one thing, you won't be able to use the mouse. (In the Menu: Select an option with spacebar, move through the menu's with the arrow keys, press enter to select OK) That simple.

When you start the computer with the cd in the drive you choose "start from cd" and you will see a small menu appear. There you first select "update from the internet"

(If it doesn't work hou may need a different internet adapter for it, easy to install an old internet card you have laying around if it's a desktop. But do that later. For now, just run a scan without updating first. The .iso gets updated regularly, so it's pretty up to date already.)

Then go to the "run scan" menu and select all the drives (they should be selected already. Next you get the scan options, select them all. Press enter for ok, and walk away. It will take several hours.

Virusses often get hidden by something they placed in the startup sequence of windows. Now wWindows isn't started. (linux is running), so the virusses have no chance to hide.

The AVG tech guys use this same cd when they come to companies to install AVG on their systems. The system has to be desinfected before you install a virusscanner. Very nice of them to make this tool available for free.

The program will remove any virusses and spyware it finds without asking. Something I have no issue with.

If you want to keep a record of the results that were removed, take a picture of the screen with a handheld camera. I usually do this, so I can have a look at my leisure to see what the nasties were. Knowing where I got the files, I learned what sites to avoid in future.

You can not use the CD as an OS to take screenshots with and store them. You have 'only' the small menu available.

Getting paid AV for this issue is questionable. Althoug I can see you want to try everything to not loose the laptop completely.

I'm not sure, but I can I think everal paid AV solutions can only be installed on one computer. In that case, if it doesn't help, you have spent the licence. It will no longer be valid for a new computer.

If you do buy paid AV, make sure to get one that can be installed on multiple devices.

And, using a "rescue disk" type solution before installing paid antivirus is a must anyway. The system must be clean before you install.

Some come with a standalone startup CD included, and can run such a scan.

Some don't have one. In that case just scan first with the AVG rescue disk.

Best do the AVG rescue disk scan now, and think about paid solutions after.

AVG rescue disk can be found here:

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/avg-rescue-cd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's more important to me is what happened AFTER this graphics display was recorded.

Did FS crash? Did the OS blue screen, reboot? Was the desktop usable?

Those answers will tell us more about what happened than the visual display did.

This could be nothing more than bad tweaking.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

What's more important to me is what happened AFTER this graphics display was recorded.

Did FS crash? Did the OS blue screen, reboot? Was the desktop usable?

Those answers will tell us more about what happened than the visual display did.

This could be nothing more than bad tweaking.

-Pv-

I would also suspect a problem with the sim settings and tweaks, or overheating of the CPU/GPU. Many laptops don't handle heat very well.

Hey Thank you all for your efforts in helping with this issue! I actually fixed the issue to where it does not crash by enabling DX10 Preview, which I thought should make things worse. But I will still try all your suggestions to see if I can disable DX10 as soon as possible!

I think when you enable the DX10 preview once, the sim starts using DX10 shaders. When trying to switch BACK to non preview, the sim keeps trying to use the default 10 shaders and bad stuff happens.

You have to

1) Remove the DX10 shaders to return to normal

or

2) Download a DX10 shader replacement kit which improves the quality of the DX10 shaders and keep using DX10

-Pv-

Archived