"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

I was expecting something else... :rolleyes:

One of those muddy rustbuckets Adam is so fond of flying. :(:confused: — Bob

Bob / Adam: Here is one that will also be available soon...

fsx 2015-05-26 20-07-26-04.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-08-23-19.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-09-01-53.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-09-44-13.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-10-13-23.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-11-18-07.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-12-16-08.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-13-20-79.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-13-47-65.jpgfsx 2015-05-26 20-16-18-20.jpg

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

True story. 1978, flew from MCAS Futema Okinawa to Osan AB Korea in one of our C117s. Arrived in Osan, and the Follow-Me truck took us to a remote area of the airfield. When we got out, asked why we were not near the Operations office, and the FM driver told us he thought we were there for the antique air show.

Flew those C117s for another 3 years before we finally retired them.

RodeoGeorge

...can it do the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs?

That line always bothered me. I know, I know, out of all of the lines in the movie and THAT line bothers me? Think about it though, whoever wrote it obviously wasn't real familiar with just what they were writing. After all, how does one say that distance is the equivalent of time? I know, I know, R*T=D, and how space-time is all the same, but: does one normally say "I can get to that place and back in less that 3 miles"? No. Normally, we say "I can get to that place and back in less than 3 hours/days/years..." whatever. Bragging about the speed of one's vessel is normally done in terms of time elapsed not distance traveled. Especially subjective time, rather than the temporal reference others use. "3 days, my time" or " 3 hours Dantooine time", something like that.

May be something about hyper-space in the Star Wars universe I am missing, I guess. Maybe they DO measure velocity using distance units...A parsec, by the by is 3.26 lightyears (roughly), or about 19 trillion miles.

Great pics, though, Thanks for the post. I just can't bring myself to say what a lovely paint job, though ;)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That line always bothered me. I know, I know, out of all of the lines in the movie and THAT line bothers me? Think about it though, whoever wrote it obviously wasn't real familiar with just what they were writing. After all, how does one say that distance is the equivalent of time? I know, I know, R*T=D, and how space-time is all the same, but: does one normally say "I can get to that place and back in less that 3 miles"? No. Normally, we say "I can get to that place and back in less than 3 hours/days/years..." whatever. Bragging about the speed of one's vessel is normally done in terms of time elapsed not distance traveled. Especially subjective time, rather than the temporal reference others use. "3 days, my time" or " 3 hours Dantooine time", something like that.

May be something about hyper-space in the Star Wars universe I am missing, I guess. Maybe they DO measure velocity using distance units...A parsec, by the by is 3.26 lightyears (roughly), or about 19 trillion miles.

Great pics, though, Thanks for the post. I just can't bring myself to say what a lovely paint job, though ;)

Pat☺

This was actually explained in a Star Wars book subsequent to the film. The Kessel run is said to be some kind of smugglers challenge in which one must find the shortest route. Obviously this story is heavily contrived to make up for a noticable scientific mistake in the first film script, but it is now canon none the less, or so I'm told.

Nice paintjob by the way Dave.

Cheese War Enthusiast.

This was actually explained in a Star Wars book subsequent to the film. The Kessel run is said to be some kind of smugglers challenge in which one must find the shortest route. Obviously this story is heavily contrived to make up for a noticable scientific mistake in the first film script, but it is now canon none the less, or so I'm told.

Nice paintjob by the way Dave.

Right ON! The "Kessel Run" was approximately 18 Parsecs in distance. When Han Solo was saying he made the run in less than 12 Parsecs, he was not emphasizing the speed of the Millennium Falcon, but his knowledge of a shorter route.

David always does great work with his paints and aircraft!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Great job- hurts my heart to see her, though...

A couple cans of Krylon spray paint would make it just right?

Right ON! The "Kessel Run" was approximately 18 Parsecs in distance. When Han Solo was saying he made the run in less than 12 Parsecs, he was not emphasizing the speed of the Millennium Falcon, but his knowledge of a shorter route.

A long, long time from now, in a Galactic distant future a forum member will be looking through the digital archives of FlightSim/SpaceSim.direct-mind-meld, laughing his Butt off, Stating: "I just folded space and warped through in 7 parsecs."

David :pilot: ...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

"I just folded space and warped through in 7 parsecs."

Guild Navigator?

I am a huge fan of the 6 or 8 Dune books. I really loved the stories of how the Guild came about. These Herbert boys can really write!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived