Blurred scenery

What causes some add on scenery to suddenly pop into fuzzy and blurred ground and cloud textures? It usually starts as I start to look around the outside from the cockpit. I've got a pretty high rate machine and good vid card, so I wouldn't think that would be it. Just wondering.

I have had this with some addon scenery in the past. Sometimes it was able to be fixed by changing a scenery texture from 32bit to dxt. Sometimes by removing a file. Sometimes despite best efforts it was not fixable at all.

I suggest you ask about a specific scenery (google it too), then someone may be able to help with suggestions. I think your lack of replies is due to the fact that there is no simple fix that applies to all.

NO one else has this happen but me? Well shoot.

I have never had that problem before, or heard anyone mention it. If you could be more specific about what add-on scenery that may help.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Unalaska Dutch Harbor Alaska PADU By John B. Loney, Jr. is the most recent to display this issue. Blurs out almost immediately on viewing. When I disable the scenery (back to default) there is no problem. Loney's scenery has no texture folder,

IIRC that scenery uses objects made by Sidney Schwartz.

Search the library for Sidney's texture updates.

Some of his earlier textures caused the blurries.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 2 weeks later...
There is one other possible reason for scenery blurs, just in case you come across this again. Actually two reasons. Similar to having a 32 bit texture in the same area as DXT3 or DXT1 (as already mentioned by someone else) if you have mipped and non-mipped textures within sight of each other that too can cause blurs of scenery objects or ground textures. And one I only recently found out about, if you have a small object and a large object (eg a sign and a building) taking from the same mipped texture then FS9 can get confused about which mip to use. By the way, try my Dutch Harbor scenery?

UT is what changes FS from a toy to a tool, as far as Canada is concerned anyway; you really can look out of a window and at a chart and compare the shapes of lakes to confirm where you hope you are. I practicised my first cross country in FS9 before I flew it for real.

Archived