Wind map.

Great site for quickly seeing what the winds are doing all over the world. It doesnt say but I think the winds are surface or close to surface winds (weather systems etc) I'm using it a lot for flying in my Cessna. http://earth.nullschool.net

YES!

I just went there and it's really cool! You're correct, the default is surface level. But there are several options you can choose while viewing. Including changing the altitude.

GREAT LINK!! THANK YOU!

Click on the word Earth. That's where you will find all the options. It even shows water currents, if you select that! You can also zoom in to specific locations. All kinds of great stuff. I spent a good half hour fooling with it & don't think I discovered all the options yet.

That link earned a bookmark on my browser.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I've been using ADDS (Aviation Digital Data Service) since it came out. I used to have to forecast weather for my job as a Flight Director on a US Customs Aerostat. ADDS was an invaluable tool we all used and liked a great deal. Loved having the satellite loops available.

Anyway, pvarn, thanks for sharing that. I still use it almost daily, more people on here will love it, I am sure.

Great flights and good weather to all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

YES!

I just went there and it's really cool! You're correct, the default is surface level. But there are several options you can choose while viewing. Including changing the altitude.

Didn't realise that. well cool, very usefull!

Sure there are more accurate aviation charts but for a glance look. this is good.

If im not mistaken the 700hpa is roughly winds at 10,000ft yeah?

EDITED original post to include info you found out.

I've been using ADDS (Aviation Digital Data Service) since it came out. I used to have to forecast weather for my job as a Flight Director on a US Customs Aerostat. ADDS was an invaluable tool we all used and liked a great deal. Loved having the satellite loops available.

Anyway, pvarn, thanks for sharing that. I still use it almost daily, more people on here will love it, I am sure.

Great flights and good weather to all!

Pat☺

Yes I've used that for many years too. But I love the worldwide appearance of the null/school link.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived