Has there ever been a fix for the mouse pointer lowering frame rate in FSX?

I have noticed that when you use the mouse in FSX it can cause to drop as much as 10-15. Where I normally fly in the simulator its not that big of a deal but when I do venture into dense areas I can really see a drop in performance. I have seen people talk about this issue on line but have yet to find a fix. Does anyone know if there is?

i7 4790 with 24gb of ram and GTX 970 4gb.

There is no fix - what you are seeing is the result of the way that FSX/Windows looks for click/popup whatever locations on the screen; it is very noticeable in the VC and not so much in 2D. You can try turning off informational popups and see if that helps on your system. Running in windowed mode and putting the mouse pointer on the window bar out of the simulation area will help too.

DJ

My guess.

And really, a guess is all it is:

When the mouse hovers on something a call is sent. (display tooltip or is switched off? Hey, menu, actions for right/left click ready. Etc.)

also, the mouse pointer gets displayed. (which pointer? Where was it last? Display it via videocard. Contrast. Etc.)

These calls interrupt the flow of fsx calls.

still guessing:

Cpu, ram, videocard are involved.

Cpu. You can give fsx its own thread, using the affinitymask tweak. That may help.

Memory and videocard. You could buy faster ones.

Problem there: you will then up your settings. So the fps is just around 30 Again. And you will notice the mouse slowing things down again as well.

It never ends...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps you have another mouse problem, or options too high. Under my current configuration, I have zero hit from my mouse movement. No matter what I do with the mouse, my average frame rate is unchanged. The mouse should already be auto-hiding itself after a few seconds so you should have to do nothing to keep it off the screen.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived