FS recorder sounds way out of sync!

Hello all,

I tried recording a video of me landing at EGAA, using the Aerosoft 318/319/320/321 Airbus X package. I was onboard a 320 and a couple of miles out, I recorded the whole thing right up to the gate with FS Recorder, from which then I'd play back another time (I decided to load up FSX and do it today) and record with FRAPS.

So I do that, set the wing camera up, and on approach the engines start whirring up to full power and I'm landing on full whack power! What the hell!?!

What's even weird is that I slowed down as I did, and throughout the whole taxi the engine sounds were on full blast. How the heck does that work, I was on idle the whole time when I was flying and recording it! I've not recorded it with FRAPS yet as it just sounds stupid.

Not had any problems with this on FS Recorder until now, what could be the problem? Has anyone else had this? Are there any alternatives I could try instead?

Any help is much appreciated :)

P.S No I won't use FRAPS with the FS default playback, the sound does sync sort of, but it is glitchy as hell :p

You need to replace the sound. Check the date for the *.wav files and if they are 2003 or maybe even 2010 then that will tell you why your sound is messed up in FSX. The sound was not made for FSX but were meant for FS9 or even FS2k2. Simple as that. It's not your pc (ie: sound).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Not had any problems with this on FS Recorder until now, what could be the problem? Has anyone else had this? Are there any alternatives I could try instead?

I don't have that aircraft but in general aircraft that use custom-implemented systems may cause issues with FS Recorder. The Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended, for example, will not work with FS Recorder - if you play it back the engines immediately catch fire.

I don't know the internals of FS Recorder but logic tells me it can only know about things that are published by the FSX API. Many Aerosoft products re-implement various systems in a more complex way that FS Recorder cannot know about. This will naturally lead to unpredictable behaviour with any program that tries to interface to them using the standard FSX API.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Quote: '..Fraps...the sound does sync sort of, but it is glitchy as hell'

This is what I was talking about. Don't know much about what Mark was explaning. But I do agree that sometimes we don't know what can happen when you use FSRecorder with certain models.

Occassionally I get that messed up sound when I do FSX 'Instant Replay', but mostly with mil jets. If it don't sound good I just don't record. Props sound good and recored good with Fraps. Will have to try FSRecorder instant replay with those ac that do not 'sound' good - one of these days. I still say a 'better' jet sound add-on might be the answer. For FSX mil jets I use the F-104 sound, by Eric Cantu, which dates back to 2002, but which (for some reason) works perfect in FSX.

It may be possible to 'trick' FSX into producing the correct sound if you use FS Recorder 'RENDERING' method to record footage (at a slower speed). Haven't tried that either but have read that rendering works to smooth out the video recording, but not sure if it also helped the sound. Too much info and not enough time in the day.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

May be a glitch between the Airbus and FSrecorder with the engine issues.

IE: the plane may have been flying perfectly normal as far as speed, N speeds, etc,

but maybe the sounds went crazy. Or.. Maybe the engine really was spooled up,

and the sound was accurate, but not like the recording. :mad:

I'd check the recording alone first to see if it's FSR, or Fraps causing it.

I've always rendered mine in FSrecorder, and mixed in the sound from a different

playback, and edited to match the scenes. It's a PIA, but with the FSR rendering,

my frame rates are usually pretty smooth. I always got such a frame hit with Fraps..

The NGX runs fairly well under FSRec overall. The only issue is it won't save my

exact mode and A/P settings, etc.. So it's pretty hard to do say a recording of an

autoland, and have all the same PFD modes, etc, etc play back the same as when

recorded.

And if you do try to playback a recording, and then reset the modes, A/P etc to be the

same as when flown... When the A/P is engaged, the trim wants to adjust...

And being as the render speed is much slower than playback, the trim goes whacko and

keeps trying to adjust until the point to where the trim is out of normal range, and the

A/P disconnects and the autoland replay turns to mayhem..

But you can play a lot of it if you manual set, and then turn on the modes, but don't

engage A/P when playing back..

When recording working systems and such, Fraps is the best way to go, as you record

and render the original flight, and don't have to deal with the FSrec plane systems

support mayhem.

One of the problems with sound packs used on FSX is they are often hacked versions of two engine sound packs from previous FS versions. Fully featured FSX 3D sound packs have to be created for accurate sounds in FSX. These do not happen as a result of some automatic conversion.

"on approach the engines start whirring up to full power and I'm landing on full whack power!"

How do you know? By the sound only? Instrumentation?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

After all is said and done, the best way to record a flight is to LIVE (Fraps) recording. What is so hard about that? Not sure what is going to happen on final? Lack of skill makes you leery? Bone up on skill then the LIVE recording will be flawless and sound will be accurate.That's my take. Live sure side steps flaky FSX (or FSRecorder) instant replay glitches (which are there, with some AC, etc - no doubt about it).

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived