Hi Simmers,

I'm the developer of FSLaunchPad and I appreciate that Flightsim.com host my application.

I open this forum to have your opinions and help users to use and install the FSL.

You can visit http://www.fslauncher.com to have more information and don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Good Flight and Nice Landing!

Pierre

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

I have tried to use FSLaunchpad, but I just found it far too complicated and confusing. I can achieve the same results much more easily and faster using a collection of other freely available software.

This is in no way meant to be a bad review of FSLaunchpad. It is a brilliant piece of software, well programmed and with a detailed help/tutorial section. I would certainly recommend people try FSLauncher, it is just not for me.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Hi,

If just search and click is to much complicated I cannot provide more help that I wrote.

Thank you for motivating freeware providers like this...

Surely my last one

pile!

Wait up, not so fast please!!!

I love the way it looks. Seems very usefull.

I will surely try this program out when time allows. (and need arises;) )

It really looks smooth!

thanks for FSlaunchpad!

happy flights,

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I open this forum to have your opinions and help users to use and install the FSL.

I think you put a lot of work into this project. There will be opinions in both directions either positive or negative. When you ask for opinions don't take offense when someone gives useful information about your project. Personally, I have no use for it but others may find it useful and will be grateful to have it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think you put a lot of work into this project. There will be opinions in both directions either positive or negative. When you ask for opinions don't take offense when someone gives useful information about your project. Personally, I have no use for it but others may find it useful and will be grateful to have it.

Exactly. No offense, but you sound like the ORBX guys, Pile.

Just take opinions with a grain of salt, or garlic, as Zippy's signature used to say.... Lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Cheap shut still a Cheap shut and its my right to agree or not agree. ORBX is a payware and I understand they don't like cheap shut because they have some best or equivalent scenery freeware or they forget shadow under a tree. They like PMDG, Aerosoft and also Wilco they raise the quality of Addons

My freeware have a lot of bugs and Im afraid about your comments when you will discover it. Someone don't understand the challenge to build an a freeware or payware Addons with Fsx config file without model structure of FSX with a thousand of differnt setup around the world. But remember Microsoft made an amazing job with all their Flight Simulator since near 20 years.

I will respect any constructive comments to help this freeware to be better, not cheap shut...

Thanks to Flightsim.com to provide a window for Free and Share ware.

Best regards

Pierre

Ok, then good luck with your project. Hope it does well for you.

With that, I'm bowing out of this thread.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

You asked for comments about your product. Now if someone happens to not like your product and mentions why that's not a "cheap shot" ( you said cheap shut so I am presuming you meant cheap shot unless I am so far behind the times now that cheap shut is a phrase used ), when asking for comments you need to expect both good and bad. Also you are rather naïve to think you are one of only a few freeware developers out there. You are not, there are some fantastic new freeware add-ons like FSrealWXpro. I think comparing yourself to the likes of ORBX or PMDG is rather thinking rather highly of yourself and your product.

So please don't get mad if you get a bit of constructive criticism, its not a cheap shut, or shot even, its just honest feedback that can only aid in your product development. I didn't like your product I found that I really had no need for it, so was just taking up space on my hard drive. It looked pretty though, other than that just not for me.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Pierre,

You seem like a talented chap, you could look at taking over where WOAI left off and create some up to date AI with up to date aircraft modelling etc. I am sure that would go down very well in the community.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Given the complexity of FSLauncher, perhaps you could break it up into individual components, i.e. Launcher, flight planner, EFB. Simmers would then use the components they need to complement what they have already, without being overloaded with information from one program using a lot of computer resources. What you have is great, just release it in smaller individual packages.

Bob

Given the complexity of FSLauncher, perhaps you could break it up into individual components, i.e. Launcher, flight planner, EFB. Simmers would then use the components they need to complement what they have already, without being overloaded with information from one program using a lot of computer resources. What you have is great, just release it in smaller individual packages.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I made this application with this spirit : Provide to simmers the possibilities to prepare their flight with efficient too like choice their sceneries, launch FSX with appropriate addons (Active Sky Next, Aerosoft addons, Calculators, etc.) add their new sceneries, find inside of their folder to see the documentation and have fun to situate their sceneries on Google. I haven't make flight planer because they have a good and a lot of free one on the market. Maybe the other Launcher can be more adapted for you its your choice.

I think in half hour without documentation or videos an experience simmer can understand FSL easely.

I had fun to create this tool with website and videos because I love to flight in simulation and in real like passenger. and now I want to share my fun a lot of simmers all around the world. It's my second contribution with checkplane.com.

If you have any question don't hesitate.

Best regards

Pierre

Hi All,

I uploaded today the version 1.12.

Here the correction and new features for this version:

1.1 : Correct blinking "Launching" message at startup cause by different scenery.dfg configuration and allow at startup to select your FS configuration.

1.11 : Allow compatibility with FS9, FSX and P3D.

1.12 : Allow to show Source Addons by Alphabetical Order or by Order Priority

Any comments or suggestions will be welcome.

Regards

Pierre

Pierre, you have great programming skills, and your love of flight simulation is obvious. I wish you well in your future endeavours and will watch the development of FSLauncher with interest.

Bob

Hello,

I just did an upgrade, the version 1.12a allows accented letters for the names of sceneries and groups.

It is available in the Installation tab on fslauncher.com

Good landing!

Pierre

Pierre,

Downloaded and installed the latest version yesterday. Path setup to scenery.cfg easily, however, when I type in any country as per the tutorial video, I am not getting any results. FSLauncher was installed as admin and runs with admin privileges. I will hopefully get time later today to play some more and see how I go. I use FSX-SE as a single install into the normal Steamapps/common/FSX directory.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

FSL Search engine seeks what you put as title name or path. To have result by country like in video you must create like me a directory for each country and move your sceneries inside. I created Move option for this when you double click on a scenery. Other way to find your sceneries, is sorted it alphabetically and scroll down until you find them.

If I created a manager into FSL is for organizing your sceneries by change title name or/and move them in a proper directory. It's maybe a bit of work at the beginning but could be funny to have good set up of your sceneries to select them and make a flight rapidly later. Don't forget you can save them by group.

I hope that my response help and have good takeoff with FSL!

Pierre

Had to go over to the mainland yesterday, (we live on an island), so I have not had a chance to olay around with FSL yet. From your post, I am assuming that just selecting the scenery.cfg path does no work. I will watch the tutorial videos again and see if I can find what I missed.

Cheers

Bo

Not sure if I am understanding correctly. I have the setup directed to the main scenery.cfg path, not the Addon Scenery/scenery. I still have nothing showing. No ORBX Australia. No default, nothing. All my scenery shows in the program Scenery Configurator I use. There are 147 sceneries with zero faults.

Cheers

Bob

Archived