Newbie Gonna be a nuisance

chuckieinoz

Hi Guys and Girls I have just joined and am building a home simpit I have 7 computers to play with and about 15 monitors,

so I will be putting up a lot of questions due to the fact I am not that smart I do try to Google and search forums befor posting, in saying that I did put up a post did not see it and re-posted then read about posts being moderated whoops sorry!!!:o. I hope to get to know the people here and share builds and knowledge etc.

Kind Regards to all

Ralph

Wow 7, I have 3 and that's a nightmare, I suspect you will have to establish what the minimum is you can get by with in the setup you are building. I am myself not far away from beginning a similar project after being inspired by a friend who has one of the most amazing setups I have seen. Good luck with your build and I will follow your progress with interest.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Don't worry about being a nuisence here - they will just move you (and this thread) to the Cockpit Builders forum and you can be a nuisence there (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

..I hope to get to know the people here and share builds and knowledge etc.

Yes I learnt where babies come from at this site. What's your sim, FSX?

If you take a shower, brush your teeth and comb your hair, you could go ask stuff in the FSX forums where the hard men and gods of flight simulation hang..:)

What? You have $10,000 worth of computers, and $5,000 worth of monitors and you don't know nothing? (Makes me wonder where you got the money...hehe).

For an idea of what is involved in building a pit, check out YouTube videos by 'Almost Aviation' (Mark Hurst). He has a fabulous pit and his videos are about his setup.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for the encouragement people. No Sadly I am not rich ;) have a good mate who owns a computer shop he hands me down dual core 3.0 gig machines with either 4 or 8 gig of ddr2 or 3 ram I build the best i can and use them. My main machine is an i7 3.2 gig with 16GB ram ssd hd and 2 gtx 265 video cards. The other machines have mid to low end ati and nvidia cards. monitors are 4 17" and the rest are 15", also have Matrox Triplehead2go.

anyway it's probably time for this post to get bumped so I will hopefuly talk more and get to know you guys later.

Archived