over crowded hangar

Default FSX planes are no harm whatsoever. They do not slow down FS.

The last person who posted here who insisted on deleting default planes never got the sim working correctly again.

Many add-on models alias to default planes so will break when you remove default planes. Also, some of the default planes are AI. If you remove them, your AI plans will not be fulfilled. If you have AI add-ons, these too will break.

Some day, you will want to fly more planes even though you only want to fly certain planes now.

Removing add-on planes should be OK. Just delete the directories in "airplanes" folder with the aircraft names.

Deleting DEFAULT aircraft is a REALLY REALLY bad idea. You will regret doing that.

The aircraft load screen has ways you can filter the display so you do not see them all. I suggest you explore those display filters and see what they do.

Alternatively, create for yourself some flight saves using on the the aircraft you want to fly. You can then use the Free Flight menu to load saved flights using only those planes and you will have to use the cluttered aircraft load dialog.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Easiest way to cut down your aircraft selection screen is to edit aircraft.cfg for the unwanted planes, and to point panel to a non-existent folder.

[fltsim.x]
[color=#ff0000][b]panel=none //original[/b][/color]

Be sure to leave the original entry behind the remark slashes, that way you can easily revert in the future.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Another way is to simply create a new folder in SimObjects called Aircraft Hangar (or whatever name you want) and move the unwanted aircraft into the new folder. They will no longer be visible but all the "piece parts" (gauges, etc) are left in tact.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

"into the new folder. They will no longer be visible but all the "piece parts" (gauges, etc) are left in tact."

Yes, the planes themselves will work when you move them back to original location, but any aliases to those planes will fail, and if AI plans use those planes those plans will fail.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

In effect, you are saying you are not 'interested' in ANY 'default' airplanes (or AI traffic?).You just want/need those 2 heavy iron type you mentioned. And, perhaps, you probably can also do without ANY of the traffic (AI)? It can be done without 'breaking' anything.

You first disable the traffic (both airline and ga). You will still have boats, road traffic (vehicles), ferrys, and the moivng carriers available (if 'active' (ie: 50%)).

You can then rename the 'Airplanes' folder to 'DEFAULT_Airplanes'. FSX will no longer 'see' anything in that folder. All the default AC are now GONE (from sight, anyway).

You then make a folder called 'Airplanes' (notice it's plural) and put your personal favorites under that. No more clutter. You will only see YOUR ac and the paints in the selection menu.

You can always revert to 'default' by rename of YOUR 'Airplanes' folder to 'My_Airplanes' and rename the DEFAULT folder back to 'Airplanes'. Done. Then you move your 'favorites' AC into the 'Airplanes' folder and all is well.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

My hanger is over crowed

Bird strikes to arriving and departing aircraft are a common threat at RW airports, although usually it's Starlings, Geese and Seagulls, not Crows. However, I'm sure you have already thought of getting a cat... perhaps your cat(s) are having trouble climbing the steel walls to get at the nesting crows...

Maybe there's an addon the puts that Hawk Trainer from some airport in the U.K. that I saw on the National Geographic channel onto your FSX airports to control the Crow population. I hear that works a tweet.

:p

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Bird strikes to arriving and departing aircraft are a common threat at RW airports, although usually it's Starlings, Geese and Seagulls, not Crows. However, I'm sure you have already thought of getting a cat... perhaps your cat(s) are having trouble climbing the steel walls to get at the nesting crows...

Maybe there's an addon the puts that Hawk Trainer from some airport in the U.K. that I saw on the National Geographic channel onto your FSX airports to control the Crow population. I hear that works a tweet.

Hoggy Dog... that is so feakin' hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. I so badly wanted to say something in reference to the crows and the hangers... but tried my best to resist. You beat me to it. Hopefully the OP realizes the banter is all in good fun. Even on our best days, typos happen. ;-)

Hold your horses. I said RENAME the 'Airplanes' folder. You don NOT need to make a folder and move the whole sheebang. Just RENAME.

The folder you make is for your own planes. No use moving the default anywhere. That folder (Airplanes) is not SEEN by FSX if you rename it. This won't crash or cause any problems. FSX just ignores the renamed folder and only wants to deal with the 'Airplanes' folder. FSX goes by NAME not LOCATION.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: I thought Hoggy was having a brain hernia, until I caught the typo (crowed). Hilarious. Good one Hoggy.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I thought Hoggy was having a brain hernia, until I caught the typo (crowed). Hilarious. Good one Hoggy.

How DARE you publicly divulge my confidential medical history? I'm going to find a new doctor, and you, sirrah, may expect to hear from my solicitor. As soon as I can find one who is sufficiently solicitous. :D

Hoggy Dog... that is so feakin' hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. I so badly wanted to say something in reference to the crows and the hangers... but tried my best to resist. You beat me to it. Hopefully the OP realizes the banter is all in good fun. Even on our best days, typos happen. ;-)

Sometimes I just can't help myself... my mother used to tell me it was a sickness when I was in High School. She never commented on my behavior while I was in college because she never found out. :p

Believe me I love humour and did take it in good fun.

And yes, I'm glad you realized that I didn't mean anything malicious or hurtful... but I just couldn't resist the dangling bait. I would expect no less from you guys on some of my typos. :D

We return you now to your regularly-scheduled program(me) already in progress.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

That made my day. THANK YOU!

Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Default FSX planes are no harm whatsoever. They do not slow down FS.

The last person who posted here who insisted on deleting default planes never got the sim working correctly again.

Many add-on models alias to default planes so will break when you remove default planes. Also, some of the default planes are AI. If you remove them, your AI plans will not be fulfilled. If you have AI add-ons, these too will break.

Some day, you will want to fly more planes even though you only want to fly certain planes now.

Removing add-on planes should be OK. Just delete the directories in "airplanes" folder with the aircraft names.

Deleting DEFAULT aircraft is a REALLY REALLY bad idea. You will regret doing that.

The aircraft load screen has ways you can filter the display so you do not see them all. I suggest you explore those display filters and see what they do.

Alternatively, create for yourself some flight saves using on the the aircraft you want to fly. You can then use the Free Flight menu to load saved flights using only those planes and you will have to use the cluttered aircraft load dialog.

-Pv-

+1

David :pilot:

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

Bust a gut, funny!

David:pilot:

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

Archived