IS this FPS about right for my hardware?

Check out this video. You will see my hardware at the start. Take notice of the 4.7GHZ OC speed! I am achieving around 30FPS in the most scenery demanding place for flight simulators: New York. Here I fly out of La Guardia with the Drewski New York airports DLC. I do not think my GTX 970 is good enough. Should I consider buying the Titan X? The video stutters a little, but it does not in-game...

The Jar a330 is an FPS heavy aircraft. It uses about 5 FPS more than the a350 and the 777. It is the most detailed plane available however. Here is London Heathrow with the SAME settings as in the video above (X-Plane FPS TEST). Here I seem to get about 5 FPS more than in La Guardia but there is less autogen to render I suppose. Who here has the Titan X and how many FPS do you pull in demanding places like these? I have noticed a HUGE difference between FPS in the i7 4.7GHZ and my old i5 3GHZ. Now I think it is only my GPU that is throttling my performance. I don't want to go below 30FPS. Should I spend my money on the Titan X?

Archived