what do you think, totally new or not?

alexzar14

will (if there will) a 64-bit version be so different in programming that present P3D addons like PMDG, ASN ets... will have to be 70% upgraded and resold at a substantial fee? Would a 64-bit P3D itself sell as a new simulator rather than an upgrade?

I never had P3D, I am worrying the present P3D pmdg addons won't work in 64-bit.

Chances are they will not without some modifications by the developers. Since there is no timetable for release of a 64bit P3D you might want to try it now and see what some of us have been talking about.

I am SURE that it will NOT be a free upgrade.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

What makes you think it'll get rid of OOMs? I don't get them with a 32-bit program. 64-bit is not a magic wand, it just has more potential address space, provided it actually gets used. Your sights may be set too high...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

64-bit is not a magic wand, it just has more potential address space, provided it actually gets used.

As far as I know , by a 64-bit Program , you're not limited up to 4 GB of Memory and that

will extinguish lots of OOMs !

Alfons

64-bit P3D is my Dream and I'll pay for it regardless of the Price in order to get

rid of OOMs .

Alfons

Buying it twice is lease of a problem. The concern is, if I buy it now with dedicated PMDG A2A etc add ons, I (we) may end up with either one of these problems:

1. I may have to buy these expensive addons again, even at 80% upgrade cost it will be an awesome sum.

2. I may end up witn no addons at all because PMDG may refuse to invest time into upgrading these products for a 64-bit version. They can...

The question isn't much about buying a 32-bit 2.5, it's about starting this entire business with addons all together. Is it a risk or not?

Buying it twice is lease of a problem. The concern is, if I buy it now with dedicated PMDG A2A etc add ons, I (we) may end up with either one of these problems:

1. I may have to buy these expensive addons again, even at 80% upgrade cost it will be an awesome sum.

2. I may end up witn no addons at all because PMDG may refuse to invest time into upgrading these products for a 64-bit version. They can...

The question isn't much about buying a 32-bit 2.5, it's about starting this entire business with addons all together. Is it a risk or not?

Of course it's a risk. This is Corporate America at it's best. LM *could* decide to abandon P3D. Steam *could* decide to abandon FSX-SE.

Anything *could* happen.

The developers *could* provide free updates to the 64bit versions.

You either go in or go home - you will NOT get ANY type of assurance that will lessen the risk.

You are over thinking the issue - relax and enjoy the ride.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I (we) may end up with either one of these problems:

Do Add-on Developers really need to make any upgrade for the 64-bit version ?

Alfons

Do Add-on Developers really need to make any upgrade for the 64-bit version ?

Alfons

If they are not compatible with 64bit, yes they do. Most will not be. I'm thinking though that most major developers are aware of the move to 64bit and will make preparations so that the transition is as easy as possible.

Vic

P3D Rig

I installed a P3D. It looks very good. Did FSX looked the same out of the box? I tried NY and LA and liked it. I had Orbx in FSX and the 2 possible reasons I liked the look of P3D is (1) either the native texturing is better than in FSX, or (2) the effect of change from what I'm used to (Orbx), even though the textures in P3D may be same as in FSX. Is it the same or not?

Also, where does it have to be installed? I overlooked the installation path option and it installed in ProgramFiles/x86. I was told the FSX is best to be installed on C drive C:/FSX.

Also, where does it have to be installed? I overlooked the installation path option and it installed in ProgramFiles/x86. I was told the FSX is best to be installed on C drive C:/FSX.

As with FSX, it is considered better to have it in it's own folder - like C:\P3D.

Vic

P3D Rig

Archived