Joystick Trouble...

Hi guys!

A while back, I purchased a joystick to use for FSX and there's a problem. Every time I use FSX, the joystick wants me to go to the left when I haven't commanded that. It's not just my joystick, though. It's only doing it on FSX with any joystick I try. I have tried to recalibrate it but it returns to problems after a while.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!

Watch DanCon Aviation on YouTube today! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsVQZxHPKGq_nIKnx2S2PqQ ;););)

It's an FSX glitch. Planes sometimes start on the runway with the rudder slightly offset to the left. Twist your joystick left and right a few times to "free up" the rudder and it'll return to centre.

For good measure, waggle your whole joystick left/right/up/down in case the elevators and ailerons need freeing up too..:)

It's an FSX glitch. Planes sometimes start on the runway with the rudder slightly offset to the left. Twist your joystick left and right a few times to "free up" the rudder and it'll return to centre.

For good measure, waggle your whole joystick left/right/up/down in case the elevators and ailerons need freeing up too..:)

Thanks for the help, however this has not worked and it's not a rudder problem. Normally, it banks to the left and if I pull it to the right all the way, only then will it let me go straight. Any fix?

Watch DanCon Aviation on YouTube today! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsVQZxHPKGq_nIKnx2S2PqQ ;););)

Have you got a twist grip on your joystick?

The twist is for turning on the ground with the rudder.

If you haven't got a twist grip used the arrows left and right keys to move the rudder.

Holding the stick hard over to the right or left only moves the ailerons, and they have absolutely no effect on the ground, it's realistic and normal.

It's the rudder that turns you on the ground, and is linked to nosewheel steering in most planes.

It's the rudder that turns you on the ground, and is linked to nosewheel steering in most planes.

Very true, except in my case with no rudder control on my joystick and AutoRudder engaged. OP, make sure that Autorudder is not checked in your settings.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 3 weeks later...

Archived