Curious

reopen

I have been a flight simmer and pilot for many years. I currently run FSX Acceleration with many addons. I Have been very curious about Prepar3d. As i got into my investigation i started finding it very strange that some how all flight sim communities have some how been cohersed into not allowing any discussion of which version is best, or just closest to my current installed version of FSX. As a consumer i find it very strange. LM's product comparison page is virtually no help. Are there scenery differences? Fewer bells and whistles? What? Can i still load my Carenado Citation at KOJC and fly IFR to Grand Rapids with full weather and my REX with overdrive in the 60 dollar version? It just doesnt seem to be that complicated a question, and the cost differences are staggering. It deserves a better explanation.

Just had to speak my mind, hope no one is offended, like i said just curious:)

Brian Hassett

Bermuda Dunes, California

GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R * i7 950 @3.07 GHZ * 6GB 1600MHz Triple Channel * ATI 1GB 5870

800 WATT EXTREME GEAR POWER SUPPLY * 1TB SATA III HD

AZZA HURRICANE FULL TOWER * WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

Clearly you need to educate yourself about what is permissible, and why.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?257873-End-User-License-Agreement-(EULA)

In order of tyour questions: Yes, No, depends on version, Yes i you have the correct REX version for P3D and appropriate license.

There is no reason to repeat these questions, the answers are all over the L-M website and forum, the rest of the web, and even these discussion groups. Have been for YEARS.

Brian -

No one has an issue with discussion of the differences between the versions - in truth, there are only a few.

All versions are identical except for:

1) price

2) Academic version has a watermark

3) ProPlus has weapons capability

Essentially that's it.

Discussion of he EULA or asking which version you should buy - that will get the thread closed in most forums. If you look back, you will see that led to armchair lawyering ad nauseum which violated the TOS of this and many other sites.

Jump in the water and enjoy the swim.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thank you Mallcott, I have educated myself, I am very familiar with everything on the LM website, I just found the strangle hold on the discussion very curious. We discuss all the time the variations between one add on and another, why is this one taboo? No need to defend just seemed odd to me:) thanks again

GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R * i7 950 @3.07 GHZ * 6GB 1600MHz Triple Channel * ATI 1GB 5870

Yes i saw that Vic, but your answer was really all i was looking for:) thank you so much

The `why` is terribly simple: Because L-M want it that way.

Their license for ESP specifically EXCLUDES entertainment use.

That is all you need to know, along with making the purchase knowing that you meet or breach the EULA. And THAT is why you need to educate yourself. No-one else can do it for you.

Archived