Prepar3D SLI Profile coming soon!

vgbaron

According to Adam Breed of LM, he has been informed by Nvidia that the next driver update due out in about two weeks will contain an SLI profile for P3D!

This is great news for all SLI users.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

And will require a hotfix from LM to update 2.5.12945.0, I'm told.

Interesting test will be the proportional benefit of SLI to this, a non-SLI aware product. Games have shown anything from 70% improvement down to just 7%. For P3D sake, I hope it's 40+%.

On the bang-per-buck basis, existing SLI'ers stand to gain.

For the rest, testing will be needed to see whether it's worth adding a second card, or dumping the first for a more capable singleton.

Personally, I doubt SLI will be the curative for P3D 2.6 that it might be. It's still a pseudo-fullscreen application.

I tend to agree about the bang for the buck. However the point is that Beau has been working with Nvidia in developing the profile and P3D *will* be SLI aware. there would be absolutely NO use developing a profile for a non SLI aware program.

I had not heard definitively that there would need to be a hotfix but it does seem likely and I would also think that users on 2.4 or less will not benefit.

I have a benefit right now running SLI, even with my kludged profile. I am very interested to see what the "official" profile will provide.

HOWEVER - to me - a VERY important point is that Nvidia LISTENED to both the community (us) and LM. I may be wrong but I do not recall Nvidia EVER releasing a driver aimed at FSX.

For SLI users, it's a big deal but for non SLI users - think before you blow a bunch of money on a second card.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

HOWEVER - to me - a VERY important point is that Nvidia LISTENED to both the community (us) and LM. I may be wrong but I do not recall Nvidia EVER releasing a driver aimed at FSX.

Actually, Nvidia released updates for their drivers for FSX long after AMD gave up. The difference is FSX has essentially been a dead product as far as Nvidia would be concerned, while P3D is under active development by a rather large company.

Ah! Thanx for the info.

Vic

P3D Rig

The latest Nvidia driver release 352.86 fixes the airport lights and includes SLI profile for P3D. First results are promising.

Vic

P3D Rig

The latest Nvidia driver release 352.86 fixes the airport lights . First results are promising.

Promising ?!

I checked EDDM and EDDF ( Both from Aerosoft ) just after installing the new

driver and there are still no Runway lights and no PAPI !

Alfons

Promising ?!

I checked EDDM and EDDF ( Both from Aerosoft ) just after installing the new

driver and there are still no Runway lights and no PAPI !

Alfons

Then, I suggest you contact Aerosoft. All the runway lights and PAPI lights work fine for me. But I do not have Aerosoft airports.

Vic

P3D Rig

The absence of any kind of physical statement from L-M suggests to me this is NOT the driver they were referring to - perhaps Nvidia incorporated WIP files into the WHQL simply because they were there, but there are a number of things that don't add up for this as the definitive driver L-M claimed was coming - no game profile; SLI seems hit and miss, no formal announcement in the changelogs to confirm this is indeed the driver (the changelog only refers to the bugfix for the PAPI lights - surely Nvidia will make more of their friendship with L-M, if only to stick two fingers up at AMD and Crossfire).

By themselves, none are significant. Put them all together and these are NOT the awaited drivers. We continue to await the real drivers with interest - mostly at the the ridiculous placebo effect. Emperors new clothes. All over again.

All the runway lights and PAPI lights work fine for me. But I do not have Aerosoft airports.

Not all the Airport Sceneries from Aerosoft have this problem .

For example , LFPG and ENGM have no problem .

But , there are no Runway lights and PAPI at EDDM , EDDF , EDDB , EHAM and LPPT .

By the way , why don't you have any Aerosoft Product ?

Alfons

Not all the Airport Sceneries from Aerosoft have this problem .

For example , LFPG and ENGM have no problem .

But , there are no Runway lights and PAPI at EDDM , EDDF , EDDB , EHAM and LPPT .

By the way , why don't you have any Aerosoft Product ?

Alfons

I have aircraft but I don't use a lot of add on airports. Just my preference, nothing against their products or quality - all top notch.

Vic

P3D Rig

Archived