HMS Bounty For FS9 Released

ifrfun

Something new, different, and immersive to try :-)

HMS Bounty for FS9 - VERSION 1.1

Built Specifically for FS9 (an FSX version is available)

by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rob Barendregt, Sasha Rieger, and Rob Ibey. Helmsman by Craig "Full" Richardson

HMS Bounty 18th Century Tall Ship square rigger completely wind driven, individually animated and controlled sails, animated flags with direction and wind speeds, animated helm, and Sail Management Window to control all ship fuctions. Ship responds to wind speeds and direction with yaw, keeling, and pitch depending on sails deployed and yard arm positions. Ambient sounds, variable wind and gale storm sounds, ship's bell, "Salute", anchor weigh/drop all add to immersion.

WILL NOT WORK IN FSX as it contains FS9 specific sim interfaces.

NOTE: The latest version of FSUIPC is Required for the HMS Bounty to work. See the manual for link.

beaglegoingaway.jpg

anchordroppedsailsstowed (Medium).jpg

1960earlyrear.jpg

1960earlyfrontqtr (Medium).jpg

rqa.jpg

Milton Shupe, FS2004 Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials -

Website Location for My Aircraft

My Flightsim Uploads

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some first person trivia for you. in the mid 1980s I lived in Camperdown, an inner western suburb of Sydney. The row of terraces in which I lived had been built in about 1910. The construction was brick walls on giant sandstone block footings. The footings were all continuous, so there was no access into them (yes this is all relevant). Now in the very late 18th century this area was all part of the estate of Captain Bligh, as in the captain of the Bounty.

One day I discovered something that looked like evidence of underfloor termites, and so I lifted some floorboards and got in inside the footings, where no man had set foot for more than 60 years. Under the corridor, I found the remnants of an old sword. My late cousin, who was a bit of a wheeler dealer in antiques, showed me some features of it that he said identified it as late 18th century. May well have belonged to one of Bligh's crew or staff!

Goes to show that personal connections to history a la Six Degrees of Separation, can turn up anywhere.

Your ship looks beautiful. Looks a most worthy addition to my Darling Harbour.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Congratulations gentlemen, you have created a masterpiece.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I t isn't released to the public

It is released to those that are able to register at simouthouse

I somehow can't register there, too bad

thanx

Craig,

I usually release to SOH before other sites as that is my home site; they are good about helping to shake out any initial bugs. Once I see things are going well, I release to other sites. It makes it easier on you guys that way.

HMS Bounty package has been uploaded to SOH, Flightsim, Avsim and Simviation.

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

Some first person trivia for you. in the mid 1980s I lived in Camperdown, an inner western suburb of Sydney. ... SNIPPED ....

Goes to show that personal connections to history a la Six Degrees of Separation, can turn up anywhere.

Your ship looks beautiful. Looks a most worthy addition to my Darling Harbour.

Thank you Steve; there was a lot of history that went into her construction.

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

Why not try it yourself on water at any altitude? You will be surprised and probably feel silly about your air density comment. :-)

As a junior member ..... I see you failed to recognize the wry humor (at least attempted) of my comment

Anyone who has been around a little longer would realize that the troubles wouldn't start until you hit the jet stream ..... at a much higher altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a junior member ..... I see you failed to recognize the wry humor (at least attempted) of my comment

Anyone who has been around a little longer would realize that the troubles wouldn't start until you hit the jet stream ..... at a much higher altitude.

LOL I saw the humor just fine although I do not know you.

Junior member? I have been a member of AVSIM since 1999; the membership date reflects the crash date, and my low count of posts reflects that Avsim is not my primary "residence" although I visit often.

I assume you have downloaded the Bounty to give her a try?

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

Junior member? I have been a member of AVSIM since 1999; the membership date reflects the crash date, and my low count of posts reflects that Avsim is not my primary "residence" although I visit often.

You sir, have my humblest apology. Take heart .... at least I got your post count to rise a little more!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You sir, have my humblest apology. Take heart .... at least I got your post count to rise a little more!

No problem Sir. I just noticed I said Avsim but Flightsim was my initial home in 1999 as well and I have been developing and uploading aircraft here since 2002. As my primary interest is with prop aircraft, and then later, WWII military multi-engined aircraft, I changed my home site. HMS Bounty was a filler project and a nice distraction from the aircraft projects we have going.

We will have one more version of the Bounty to release next week, and later the Bounty Launch boat along with an AI and static version and that should wrap it.

Then, we are back to the Lockheed Harpoons, Lodestars, and Vega Ventura to get them wrapped up and delivered.

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

I installed the HMS Bounty last night, and took a trip this mornng, just to see what it could look like. I even didn't expect to sail out really. First impression: I can't believe my eyes. It is such a wonderful ship, a beauty. Not hard to manage at all (I suppose it's a much tougher job in reality). My starting place was the harbour of Vancouver. A nice place to try.

A big thanks to all the developers for this breathtaking creation.

Luc

I installed the HMS Bounty last night, and took a trip this mornng, just to see what it could look like. I even didn't expect to sail out really. First impression: I can't believe my eyes. It is such a wonderful ship, a beauty. Not hard to manage at all (I suppose it's a much tougher job in reality). My starting place was the harbour of Vancouver. A nice place to try.

A big thanks to all the developers for this breathtaking creation.

Luc

On behalf of the development team (Rob, Nigel, and Milton), thank you. We are happy to see others getting enjoyment from this unique sim. Approximately 2000 hours across a span of about 3 years to bring her to fruition, I planned for a lot more but parts and poly limits kept us in check. :-)

Nigel's artistry and sounds and Rob's programming really make the package and bring realism to immersive heights. We also hope to have an AI and static version available soon. There will also be a 2-masted "Launch" fully animated and sail-able to complement the Bounty. I did this separately as I did not have the polys available to have the Launch sitting up on deck.

Thanks for posting and enjoy the Bounty. :D

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

gwillmot,

Quote:'As a junior member ...'

That, in itself (ie: 'rank') has nothing to do with who the person is and/or what his capability, experience, or expertice he might posses. You and your 'wry humor' is getting a little boreing as it keeps 'creeping' into every post (with or without justification - even on the 'shout' box). In other words you (a 'loose cannon' type 'clown') is making me wonder just what the h_k is your 'problem'? This is not a clown or a comedian forum.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Here are some 'inside' screen shots of the interior of the Bounty. Which happens to be the MOST advanced 'concept' model EVER made for the sims. Unbelieveably complex, but it works perfect. This should get every award FSCom can give it - and then maybe an interview - with details about just what it took to make this model. This is a fabulous achievement by Milton Shupe and crew. Epic.

Bounty vs Sailboat.jpg

Original_Cnt Pts_Engine_Fuel Pos.jpg

Pic Of Betsy.jpg

Captain Library.jpg

Captain Quarters.jpg

Galley.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

gwillmot,

Quote:'As a junior member ...'

That, in itself (ie: 'rank') has nothing to do with who the person is and/or what his capability, experience, or expertice he might posses. You and your 'wry humor' is getting a little boreing as it keeps 'creeping' into every post (with or without justification - even on the 'shout' box). In other words you (a 'loose cannon' type 'clown') is making me wonder just what the h_k is your 'problem'? This is not a clown or a comedian forum.

Chuck B

Napamule

Mr. IFRFUN and myself had it all cleared up ..... so there's no reason for you, Mr. Mule, to stick your nose into it and stir up trouble with your trash talk. You don't like it .... don't listen to it or comment on it. Kinda simple if you think about it.

As for "clown" .... you must be thinking of Mr. Zippy.

Now calm down and take a virtual flight somewhere to relax. It's really not that important to get this excited about.

You have my word on it .......

P.S.

You're not the one who started the Mutiny Over the Bounty thread, are you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now you are telling me what to do? Cheesh. And you are calling me (derogatory) names ('Mr Mule')? NO COMMENT.

Chuck B

Napa Auto Parts Deliver Driver (aka: NapaMule) my last job before I retired.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I see another galleon has been released now from the 17th century called Neptune, looks good.

Erwin did a nice job on this one given its complexity.

Title: FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century

FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century. This sailing ship is a replic for Roman Polanski's movie "Pirates" with Walter Matthau as pirats captain. On my model I have replaced the oversized figurehead "Neptune" with a scary reaper. The boat is almost complete rigged with hundreds of ropes regarding the early 17th century. Forteen cannons and two Jolly Roger flags are animated. Twentyeight cameras let you explore the whole ship: The deck, below the decks and you can enjoy the sailors views from high above in the masts. Using FS2004 there are seventeen virtual panel lookaround views. FSDS 3.5 model made by Erwin Welker

Video Tutorials -

My Flightsim Uploads

Archived