FSX Versions

aja1216

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, I'm looking to purchase FSX. I had FS2004 a long time ago and miss simming. I still have Force Feedback 2 joystick just a little dusty but still works.

My question is what are the difference with FSX Gold, Deluxe, Standard, and the Steam Editions?

I'm running a

3.6ghz Quad Core Processor

8gb RAM

GeForce 560 GTX

Would this be sufficient?

Thanks,

AJ

I have the Standard Edition. I lack some of the Acceleration Missions, the ability to catapult off of an Aircraft Carrier. Some of the neat Military aircraft designed for Acceleration will work for me on a limited basis.

The Deluxe version offers some more advantages.

Acceleration or FSX Gold is the best, by far!

Steam is a downloadable version of FSX Gold without the built-in SDK.

You will have a tough time finding FSX in the disc versions due to supply and demand.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What is the difference between the Steam and Gold? Is it just the SDKs? I'm not planning on developing my own stuff.

AJ

Steam and Gold are the same, except trying to find FSX Gold in Disc form is few and far between + expensive.

FSX Steam Edition goes on sale every so often for very cheap.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Steam and Gold are basically the same.

Steam has been updated a bit and configured to run on the Steam multiplayer platform.

While Steam is missing some of the SDK tools needed to create content for FSX, the tools are available elsewhere.

Besides availability, Steam offers the increase in performance some are seeing, over the boxed version, and a few of the bugs Microsoft left behind have been cleaned up.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived