FS2004 Weather

Tigani

Hello

I wonder if there any tool or program or addon

that make FS2004 Weather more realistic ?

i dont mean weather engine like Active sky

i need something make the snow or rain look more realistic Especially ( rain - low vis )

for example in low vis you only see white view until you Reach the runway !

I wish i can see the real brown dust while landing ;);)

any suggestions ?

Well, there is moisture in the air, and when it's near enough the condensation point, IE the temperature and saturation points coincide, well then the water molecules all get together, forming droplets that grow larger and larger, until the weight of the droplets is too high for the air/wind to support, and they fall down out of the sky as what scientists call RAIN.

In this case, the aircraft happens to get in the way of the droplets before they can reach the ground, thus frustrating their attemps, but only for a short time. The more droplets strike the aircraft, the "wetter" is gets and the water just runs right off back into the air, breaking up into droplets again as it falls and air molecules strike them. Or vice-versa, the other way round...

And that, children is a completely accurate, scientific, totally unnecessary and rediculously smart-alek answer! Thank you for watching and tune in next week as Capt. Obvious explains how the sun shines!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Try Google and type FS2004 VC rain effect.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Mr. Tweak has gained much more of my respect ..... although the real mystery is why his response has not been deleted yet ..... mine usually are!

As I already know why the sun shines .... I wish he would explain why there is air!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish he would explain why there is air!

Perfectly obvious to The Most Casual Observer, right, Most Casual Observer? Yes, ok, then.

Air is there for two reasons: First, it holds up things like birds, clouds (for the whole rain thingy), and airplanes, to receive the rain effect.

Second, it cools our computers, so that the flight sim will function properly so that we can see things like birds, clouds, and airplanes (with or without rain).

Alternatively, it also is used to inflate parachutes for when the airplane ceases being an airplane and becomes a thrown chunk of metal, which air obviously can not hold up! Try it yourself! Take a metal model of, oh, say an F-4, and throw it, as hard as you can. It falls to the ground very quickly, much like a real F-4, thus proving that metal is immune to being supported by air!

Also, air is a dandy way for politicians to use to blather endlessly along, warming the earth's surface. Without them, we would quickly succumb to an ice-age!

And that's why there's air. And now, farewell to my posts! Talk about silly and unnecessary...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived