Moutains where Moutains should'nt be

Hi, I had these sort of strange looking shapes on my Second Life operating British Airways Airport. I had problems with Nvidea cards with that program, thats why I only use ATI ones last 4 years. This looks like a graphics problem that has stretched or altered maybe a tree or shrub into the shapes you see, dont think they are mountains, Most graphic problems which doesnt rez an object the way it should, is almost sure to rez some object that is thin with spikes like you see. Is it only at this scene where these cathedral like structures are seen, or have you seen them in other areas? Also do they disappear on rotating the scenes at all, and keep reappearing spasmodically. IN second Life we have what is called a LOD factor, although its primary an advanced mesh tool, that you make the default setting from the 1.5 to around 6-8, that forces the Aircraft to rez probably, but its not really a LOD factor for terrain. I dont think you have an LOD (rendering) adjustment in FSX. You could try different graphic sliders, and do a an elimination process. Other than that, You need someone with more experience of FSX graphics that I have. But still looks like trees that have been altered due to some graphic problem. best of luck with that...! mike

I agree that it may be some addon mesh that's causing the "mountains" but if you click on the picture to enlarge, the image is very, I guess the term is, pixelated. Maybe some graphic slider are set too high? List you system specs. Does you FSX resolution match your Window screen resolution?

I took a quick screenshot of Runway 4R at San Giusto. It should be similar to yours. Default Scenery.

San Giusto.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sometimes video issues can cause that. But more n likely it's some mesh for some

other scenery somewhere in that area that is causing mayhem. If no other mesh

is being used anywhere around there, it's probably video mayhem kind of similar to

the "spikes" you can sometimes see where trees and such are spiking up way high.

That can sometimes happen if you run real dense scenery, and the video doesn't

really have enough memory to properly load all the textures.

But in this case, looks more like a mesh conflict being all the trees look normal.

^^^

That would be my guess is bad scenery add-on since as mentioned, tees, distant hills and clouds look normal.

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

the image is very, I guess the term is, pixelated...

Prolly 'cuz it's a GIF, only 256 colors.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Something else to consider. You might be running at a too-low resolution (fat pixels is a clue.) Your card may not be able to render the mesh you are using properly at that resolution. Go to your desktop with FSX not running and make sure your graphics are set to the max resolution in the options list "recommended" with 100% DPI. Now start FSX and set its graphics to the same resolution and color depth (32 bit.) Most 3D games and graphics drivers do not do well when the desktop and game are not set the same.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived