DXTBmp is buggy/dosen't work right? Or is it just me?

Hello,

First, I'll start off to say that I'm very new at this. But, I have a bit of a problem associated with repainting aircraft, and if any of you could help, that'd be great :)

So, I have a 777-300 template that I am attempting to retexture in a custom livery. From what I understand, I have to open each of the images into DXTBmp, and use DXTBmp to load them into a photo editing software of my choosing (for this, I'm using GIMP), retexture the aircraft, and send it back to DXTBmp, where I save it as a bitmap file (In this case, I'm using Extended 32 bit 888-8 .bmp, the type that is required for this aircraft).

I got the first two parts great, I successfully loaded the template into DXTBmp, where I loaded it to GIMP and modified it, and sent it back to DXTBmp. However, when I attempt to save it (as Extended 32 bit 888-8 .bmp), the image changes greatly

from this: http://gyazo.com/d3a4d1a5a0a4b1742348c5497a4017bb

to this: http://gyazo.com/c010fa5586d739462d7a0bc23821610a

From what I've managed to find out myself, the red turns to green, then blue, then back to red, and the entire thing moves right a few pixels. Whatever's cut off comes back around, and starts again on the left. Kind of like a conveyor belt, if you get what I'm saying.

The thing saves like this as well. To be honest, it makes retexturing this aircraft pretty much impossible.

So, my question is, how do I fix this? Is it something with the settings? Is it my software? I downloaded software from two different sites, and both of them are like this.

Is this intentional? Do you all work with this problem? I can't seem to find any help online, and nobody else seems to have this problem.

If any of you know what is happening here, or what I can do to fix this, that'd be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

I think the problem is Gimp, it does not save as a bitmap, it saves under another format.

I have used DXTBmp for years and never seen that.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived