many problems returning to an XP setting up dual monitors!

Drax83

Hi, I Know there's been probably other forums around on monitors, however, If I possibly get any help for an old OAP like me I would be grateful. Well to start, being using FSX for a long time, until windows 7 came out, then The computer I had at the time, just failed to run it at all. In the meantime I put everything away and felt empty. Lately I was getting the urge to go back flying, and I have this box room, that used to be my cockpit of sorts, cut long story short, I recently bought the Gold edition Of FSX with acceleration disc.

I decided, after I came into a few hundred Quid, I would start over, but using an XP computer that FSX was designed for, unfortunately, despite spending £300 already Im no nearer than I was with Windows 7:mad:

Ok, So found this smart Dell Optritrex Slim XP professional computer with 160gig, 3gig of ram, a 1.8 dual processor, it did come with a tiny graphic card, but I changed that to a Sapphire 1gig ATI PCI-E. Which came with a low profile bracket. I bought two Samsung 19inch monitors of a good ebay company, with the intent of stretching the whole cockpit across them making a 40 inch view. However, I tried everything to make it stretch to no avail. The New graphic card has one DVI and the VGA I have to hang outside of cabinet obviously because its low profile case. I then went and bought a new sound blaster card for my 2.1 old audio system, as it didnt have a sound card ( My main computer is a windows 7 64 bit gaming one bedroom with a benQ 24 inch wide screen & expensive audio system and updated HD sound.

So, then Amazon posted my Hotas x throttle and Joystick combo I used to have years ago, and I won an auction of my first saitek panel for £55 unused, (undercarriage / lights panel). So now having spent up to £400, I was only still getting the main flight window on one 19inch monitor. So went back to Amazon and found a £15 DVI -2 VGA. A little box affair which inputs 2 VGA connectors from two screens, Thought this would solve problem. but no, all I got was the same image on both screens. So I took out one of the Samsungs away, and installed my 24inch wide screen instead. This didnt work at all, the ATI cataylist software I use threw up a warning, when I was installing it on the XP computer that the catalyst program was being installed on an unsupported OS. I dont really know why it said that. But I cant alter the brightness or contrast on the Samsung, for some reason the menu says (not available):confused:

Anyway, off I goes, and plugs the DVI from the BenQ wide screen into the DVI socket, and the other Samsung into the VGA socket that hangs from the casing. From there it went from bad to worse, I couldnt get the BenQ to run at its native 1920 x1080, the Samsungs resolution only went as far 1280 x 1080 maybe, not sure. But anyway, I managed to get FSX working on my Widescreen at the highest resolution II could get, I started FSX, but when i asked the monitor to extend into the other screen, that went blank. result, when undocking panels from the Airbus 320 BA I just downloaded, no panels would drag into the Samsung. On top of these monitor problems, The actual Airbus, started on the runway at EGCC at full throttle, with the brakes not released, despite My Hota Throttles being at idle, the Airbus hurtled down the runway, with no throttle control, when it did take off, it went up at such an angle it came down again, and went round in circles, but surprisingly the saitek panel with the undercarriage performed perfect!:confused:

Now I am at a loss what to do:confused: Do I sell the two 19inch samsungs at a loss and buy a normal 32inch television with a VGA connector for £139 from Argos, or do I save up for a 27inch monitor, and forget the second screen. I am wondering if the low profile graphic card was the wrong one to get. The card I got on recommendation was(Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card) With low profile bracket included. Max Resolution, 2560 x 1600. its supposed to give, which is well within the native BenQ of 1920x 1080. the problem to me seems to be a case of using a 19inch monitor on the secondary VGA socket which gives a horrible picture, coupled to a DVI connected BenQ monitor of which the resolution I cant get on the Samsung... This really should be a simple job, but the days of me being a techno wizard has long gone 12 years ago. If anybody has any sort of answer to what Im doing wrong here, I would be eternally grateful, as of today, no flights have taken off yet despite a total spend of £430 with a 40 inch training A320 poster from Shoreham Airport Transair store with all the instruments , ready to be cut to to fit panels of MDF for the mock up of a A320. One item I was looking at was a lightly used device for £45 on Ebay which is called A Matrox DualHead2Go Analog Edition VGA Dual Monitor.? I really know nothing about this box, but seems to show, a photo of a skier, stretched over two Monitors, which is what Im trying to do with the FSX airbus cockpit, using the two Samsung 19inchers which are VGA only...

Sorry for long rant, but I am spending more money and not getting the results or getting back into the air as yet:(

thanks in anticipation for any replies that may help to solve my Monitor problems.

Regards Mike. UK near EGCC Manchester Airport.

Looks like you botched the video driver installation, downloaded and maybe (almost) installed a version that is not for Windows XP. I believe now that XP is no longer a supported operating system you'll see less and less third-party vendor support for it. Like George Harrison said, "All things must pass."

Hi, good morning, well the graphic card I made sure was suitable for XP. I just found an HDMI socket next to the DVI, but my Benq 24inch wide screen, only a year old, does not have an HDMI socket so cant use that. perhaps I should un install the catalyst ATI program,That says its installed on the wrong OP system? and re install the sapphires Drivers without the Catalyst software. The 19inch Samsungs seem to have another socket which lools like a "D" socket, But however much i try to push a DVI lead into it, it refuses to go in, on closer inspection, It looks to be a little differant from the D DVI socket, in as much as Both sides of the socket are angled, rather the same as a VGA socket, But it looks like A DVI D But its pins and the shape are not the same, so I dont know what that socket is for? I cant just dump this new XP computer and go and get another windows 7, as I know FSX willl fatal crash at start up just like the system I have in the bedrooom, which made me give up FSX for two years now. FSX was made for XP, I am really disappointed, that I expected it to run like a bird like it did, pre windows 7, unfortunately Its hopping on one leg with little chance of getting it going in the near future. Anybody know about this Matrox DualHead2Go Analog Edition VGA Dual Monitor box outlined above, and will that solve my problem to stretch my cockpit over the two 19inch Samsungs? Thanks Mike

Regarding the DVI socket, there are different versions with different pin arrangements. DVI-D and DVI-I are the main ones, with single and dual link versions of each. Wikipedia has a good summary of them.

The Matrox does allow one to stretch the image across two monitors. That Radeon 5450 video card is on the low end though, and will struggle a bit. FSX also runs a bit better on Nvidia cards.

Many people do run FSX just fine on Windows 7. The guide at the top of the FSX forum has some tips for getting it setup correctly.

Thanks Appreciate the reply, must say I went over to the ATI cards some years ago, mainly because of problems with loading Second Life Viewers. I fly many aircraft and helicopters in the Blakes seas areas of SL, Over the 6 years I have been a resident now, only ATI cards seem to work best. However obviously this is an XP just used for FSX only nothing else. having spent out now £180 on this computer, buying it and upgrading it, it would be illogical and a waste of money to not use it. I think I bring back my Benq Widescreen back to my gaming comuter, because its not going to work properly I think a long side a bog standard 19inch Screen, with a resolution that Im not able force into 1920x1080. I try the two together again, and hope that Matox unit is still for sale morrow when I get paid. On the matter of using Windows 7, quite a while back, their was various forums here and on other sites explaining how to alter FSX and windows 7 to run better, however most of the procedures outlined are beyond my level of tech skill, Im an Eighties motor mechanic!!, was trained in analogue / plain simple electrics, so my knowledge of electronics, and computers is very low especially at my age, and I would in all probability corrupt A windows 7 OS, by tinkering with things I know nothing about. So leave well alone. As far as the sapphire is concerned, actually, so far it has no graphic problems or jerky movement, once I do get a flight into the Air, it appears to perform pretty good with some sliders mid way on Settings. Thanks again....happy days lol

Well, according to a Matrox Tool program called GMX compatibility tool, The sapphire card, with a DVI to VGA socket adapter on it, to a one of the Samsung 19inchers, showed green ticks across the board that my card and system, will work with the Matrox dual head to go analogue edition. So I bought the one on Ebay before someone snatched it up, £40 seems reasonable for a boxed hardly used item, how ever the Driver disc is missing, but Im told that this can be downloaded readily from the Matrox Site.I have a spare printer USB cable fortunately, so looking good so far. I will remove the Airbus from fs.downloads, in case it was bugged, and get a similar one from here, pity really because I donated to that site by paypal. So let you know how I get on next week, as delivery wont be until next Wednesday now because of bank holiday. have a great weekend:) Mike

Just about to fit the Dual head 2 go box that came today for my dual monitors. Done some work on cockpit wiring and other things, but The problem of Aircraft, even the default ones, losing height and crashing as soon as I take off, is a real nuisance. I cant stay in the air after take off more than 5 minutes before the plane just goes back down again. very annoying, and no idea why this is happening, on the outside view, the plane seems to climb at, to high an attack angle and comes down again, there seems to be little input from the Hotas x Joystick. I cant even level the plane off, it remains unresponsive, this is hugely disappointing, at least on windows 7, I could get into the air at a positive rate of climb, but , with XP, I cant maintain a positive rate of climb, something wrong somewhere, but not skilled enough to work out faulty problems, including the default 737-800, the set Speed auto throttle, is dead, even if I press it several times, it doesn't light up, or keep plane at say 250 mph,as set by dial it keeps over speeding at 340mph, if I back up the throttles, to 40%, it then just falls out of the sky for no reason?? So much money invested in this,£470 now and still I cant even get into the Air. Im at a loss as to why FSX is running worse on the proper OS, than the Windows 7 it wasn't designed for.? oh well back to the drawing board it seems :(

oh dear:( I wish I had never gone back to fsx, the problems are now so many, Im having sleepless, nights and head aches, I really may stop trying as all the problems is making me depressed!

To recap. I connected the dual head to go using the two Samsungs. plugged in the usb power ok. Then hooked up the two monitors to the 2 output vga's. the Input cable to the box from the graphic card is by the vga connector inserted into the DVI D shaped "converter" to vga connection that comes from the box. I then downloaded the driver from motrox site. I took out the catylist program completely but stupid thing uninstalled the sapphires driver from the CD to, so I reinstalled the cards driver, and restarted computer. I now had two screens showing same view, so went to quick setup to stretch monitors. however this failed miserably:

Errors shown on set up were:

"The inf file for your GXM product isnt installed". (whats an inf file?)

"The selected mode CAN be applied"

"The selected mode could not be applied"

"The GXM configuration could not be applied"

After that the program failed and had to send error report, then it closed itself

The little paper work that came with it, says change resolution to 2048x768....but i have only 2048x 1536 available.

I found a compatibility tool within motrox, I entered all my system bits and chose the correct ATI sapphire card HD5450.

The results were this:

ATI HD5450 2560 x1024

2 x 1280 x1024

Ok to use it says, but then it goes on to say **providing the card as 2 HD-15 VGA outputs**, which i have never heard off. Im using the DVI D shaped adapter to VGA connector for the main output, I have the spare VGA socket hanging from the cabinet, as i had to attach it outside because of being a low profile case. I do not have 2 VGA sockets. I dont know of a card that just has twin VGA outputs on a low profile card.

So now Im stuck with a matrox box that dont appear to want to install correctly and do the quick stretch setup utility that cant complete.

This is my last chance saloon to get past all these troubles before I have to hang my wings up. If anybody has a good lengthened detailed procedures on solving these problems before i call it a day please help if you can. thank you. mike

well seems this system is screwed. latest trouble shooter for my system says:

Matrox cable detected:

Dual head 2go analogue edition mode detected NO:

dual link DVI support NO

Is there anybody out there? please?

Did the video card come with a second low profile bracket? All of the ones I have used provided a second bracket so the VGA port could be mounted properly.

At this point I would back up and make sure one monitor works fine when using the DVI to VGA adapter.

Inf file is driver.

I was in a 2nd hand store to drop off something and saw they had 10 old 19" widescreens with vga ports. 5£ each. Got me one right away. Option perhaps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be aware a dvi to vga adapter is not the same as a vga to dvi adapter.

See here the difference:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001485.htm

I'm assuming Your matrox has only VGA connectors. And your PC has no VGA connectors, nor do the monitors.

(I'm Assuming your PC has only DVI. And your Monitors also have only DVI.)

If that is so, what you need is

Connect that DVI on the PC,

to a DVI to VGA adapter.

Connect the matrox to that,

Connect each end of the matrox to a VGA to DVI adapter.

And the 2 screens to those.

Cost (from that link):

1x DVI to VGA adapt == 5$

2x VGA to DVI adapt == 2x 100$

total cost == 205$

(expensive!) (plus, even though the connection is correct in theory, it may not work.)

You may have more luck with:

only DVI on PC,

connect to DVI to VGA adapter

connect Matrox to that adapter.

connect two displays with VGA ports.

total cost:

DVI to VGA adapter == 5$

2 second hand screens 19"-21" == 20$ - 30$

total cost = 35 $ max and more chance it will work.

Plus the smaller screens will mean less stress on your videocard, making for a smoother sim.

(not speaking from experience, just thinking outloud,)

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Loki, No , just the one low profile bracket. The only socket available from the card is the DVI D shape one, where I mounted the DVI to VGA converter onto it. The Other VGA has no where to go, it should really be taken off the circuit board as its just hanging by its strap cable. I already tried that VGA socket, while it is hanging, but both screens went blank, and the Matrox box light turned red, instead of the normal green. According to a Utube instruction video on fitting almost the same card as I have using the low profile bracket, the loose VGA connection is redundant and it shows and the author tells you to just remove the cable socket from the side of the cards circuit board. I do have an HDMI socket next to the DVI D, but I dont have any products or screens that have an HDMI socket, Both Samsungs are analogue, thats why they just slip easily onto the dual head 2go analogue box. One screen works fine, two screens still work without the Matrox, using one monitor on the DVI, the other one attached to the loose VGA. But cant stretch the cockpit over both screens and for a three feet wide cockpit, one 19inch monitor obviously looks out of place. my only thing I can think off is to resell both samsungs, put the matrox back on Ebay, and use the proceeds to buy the 27inch Benq Monitor. I already use the 24inch widescreen of this make on my gaming computer in bedroom. Which has performed well. Unfortunately 27inch widescreen monitors are about £160. my only concern is that the sapphires resolution wont be able to give 2560 x1080 on a 27inch BenQ native setting. The max it can support 1920x1080 which is fine for a 24inch widescreen, however not for a 27inch. According to an answer to a question from an Amazon customer, who asked if the sapphire HD 5450 would be ok to fit an Optiplex 780 which is rather like the XP one I bought, some one answered, : that NO, : , the optiplex is not a typical ATX form factor and the size of the bracket requires a typical ATX-style case. My computer has a vertical opening cheap looking DVD Rom drive to, its very easy to drop the disc trying to locate it in the side mounted flimsy tray. I didnt know at the time, this was a low profile casing, as never come across them before, I have only ever used a normal sized cabinet. I dont think I would have bought it if i had known the dimensions, and 3gig is the highest RAM I can install, and the power supply is nothing like the 600 watt one I installed in my gaming computer. the one in this optiplex, is only 280 watts, I wonder if that thats why the usb connection at the back of computer to the Matrox box is pushing enough usb power to power the Dualhead enough to make it run correctly. Its a bit of of a B***** really now having spent £200 alone on the computer, the sapphire and the creative labs sound card. but In Blackpool, many of the local computer stores, just dont have the the expertize or interest in trying to get flight sims to work, most wont come out even to do this set up, because most of these repairers say its out of their normal line of business, and most have no idea how to set up a Matrox dual screen or have any knowledge of FSX. So In this town Im on my own literally and these forums are the only help I can get. I really dont know what to do,?? sell everything and start over, or call it a day?

Ill8p Thanks for all that info, only just saw it, let me chew it all over, and I will be able to come to some firm decisions based on what you have put, many thanks for all that information, I will make good use of it, get back later. Thanks :)

Copied for readability:

---------------------------

Hi Loki, No , just the one low profile bracket. The only socket available from the card is the DVI D shape one, where I mounted the DVI to VGA converter onto it. The Other VGA has no where to go, it should really be taken off the circuit board as its just hanging by its strap cable. I already tried that VGA socket, while it is hanging, but both screens went blank, and the Matrox box light turned red, instead of the normal green.

According to a Utube instruction video on fitting almost the same card as I have using the low profile bracket, the loose VGA connection is redundant and it shows and the author tells you to just remove the cable socket from the side of the cards circuit board.

I do have an HDMI socket next to the DVI D, but I dont have any products or screens that have an HDMI socket, Both Samsungs are analogue, thats why they just slip easily onto the dual head 2go analogue box. One screen works fine, two screens still work without the Matrox, using one monitor on the DVI, the other one attached to the loose VGA. But cant stretch the cockpit over both screens and for a three feet wide cockpit, one 19inch monitor obviously looks out of place.

my only thing I can think off is to resell both samsungs, put the matrox back on Ebay, and use the proceeds to buy the 27inch Benq Monitor. I already use the 24inch widescreen of this make on my gaming computer in bedroom. Which has performed well. Unfortunately 27inch widescreen monitors are about £160. my only concern is that the sapphires resolution wont be able to give 2560 x1080 on a 27inch BenQ native setting. The max it can support 1920x1080 which is fine for a 24inch widescreen, however not for a 27inch.

According to an answer to a question from an Amazon customer, who asked if the sapphire HD 5450 would be ok to fit an Optiplex 780 which is rather like the XP one I bought, some one answered, : that NO, : , the optiplex is not a typical ATX form factor and the size of the bracket requires a typical ATX-style case. My computer has a vertical opening cheap looking DVD Rom drive to, its very easy to drop the disc trying to locate it in the side mounted flimsy tray. I didnt know at the time, this was a low profile casing, as never come across them before, I have only ever used a normal sized cabinet.

I dont think I would have bought it if i had known the dimensions, and 3gig is the highest RAM I can install, and the power supply is nothing like the 600 watt one I installed in my gaming computer. the one in this optiplex, is only 280 watts, I wonder if that thats why the usb connection at the back of computer to the Matrox box is pushing enough usb power to power the Dualhead enough to make it run correctly.

Its a bit of of a B***** really now having spent £200 alone on the computer, the sapphire and the creative labs sound card. but In Blackpool, many of the local computer stores, just dont have the the expertize or interest in trying to get flight sims to work, most wont come out even to do this set up, because most of these repairers say its out of their normal line of business, and most have no idea how to set up a Matrox dual screen or have any knowledge of FSX. So In this town Im on my own literally and these forums are the only help I can get.

I really dont know what to do,?? sell everything and start over, or call it a day?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My post was assuming your screens had only a DVI connector.

Now I see they have vga connectors. So you can disregard what I said about needing a vga to dvi adapter.

------------------

I am thinking you could be using a wrong dvi to vga connector on the graphics card.

But it could also be the matrox (the vga only model) does not work with convertors.

Or get a different graphics card, low profile, with a VGA port on it.

The lack of usb power could be an issue too. you could try using a powered usb-hub. (one that has it's own connection to a mains power socket.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK Actual hardware on the cockpit platform:

One Optiplex 745 SFF running SP3 version XP professional 3gig ram 160gig HD. 1.8ghz Dual core processor. 280 watt PSU, two front USB rear 4 USB.

Fitted to that one sapphire ATI HD 5450, with One DVI D output. Secondary VGA port attached by cable but hanging loose, due to fitting of the low profile bracket.

On to the DVI D output is fitted One DVI D - VGA adapter as is shown on the photo on the page link you kindly added.

Sound Blaster 5.1 card fitted, and on board sound I have disabled.

Brand new Pirexx lit px-1200 usb keyboard

Normal USB mouse.

Two SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 932BF 19'' LCD TFT COMPUTER MONITOR VGA DVI connections.

I also have my first saitek pro Instrument panel,usb, (that item and its software works so well, Im surprised that people seem to moan about saitek Software) One F.flight Hotas x combined throttle /Joystick. usb. (with added proper Thrustmaster drivers).

Ok. As I already have 4 VGA cables, I inserted two VGA cables into the monitors, the two ends of those goes to the 2 VGA connections on the matrox analogue box. The USB printer type cable, (square) goes from the power socket matrox to one of the rear Computer USB sockets. I dont use anything digital in way of cables, which is why I bought the analogue Matrox dual head, because not only was it only £48 with postage it was unused,going to the digital version I couldn't afford, as one of those is selling around £70-£115, also the digital boxes are for windows 7 & 8, not XP unless the complete box comes with adapters, this didnt come with any cables at all. I was using VGA connections through out, So the input into the matrox is by another VGA lead, one in the box, the other attached to the adapter on the Sapphires DVI D output. The way the Samsungs are made, makes it impossible to put adapters in the sockets, as the plastic underneath is curved, just enough room for one main VGA or D plug. You did say ill88p:

You may have more luck with:

only DVI on PC,

connect to DVI to VGA adapter

connect Matrox to that adapter.

connect two displays with VGA ports.

**Thats What I Do have set up at this moment**, but the mode is not detected, even though I downloaded the matrox Driver suite for XP 2011 together with some firmware software to update whole power works program. The missing INF files is a nuisance, dont where you get it from? What is it actually? The driver suite should have it included no? Anyway, matrox instructions leaflet says first set up monitors to 1280 x 1024. But when the installation is finished, Im supposed to change my display resolution to roughly 2048 x768, 0r 2560 x1024. But I dont have either of those resolutions available on display settings. On the cockpit under construction is a few pictures of how things are linked up at the moment along with the error message.flightsim 1.jpgflightsim 2.jpgflightsim 3.jpg

The inf file for your GXM product is not installed.

means

The driver for the matrox is not installed.

I typed GXM into google, and found the matrox site.

clicked support

drivers and software

selected matrox dual analog

selected XP

found this driver:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/latest/

(SOmething Wrong with that link. It should lead to a XP driver, instead it leads to a list of many. I'm looking into it...)

Do you have that driver / software suite installed?

(Do not blindly install the firmware update. Only the Software suite.)

Oh, and thanks for the pics. I thought it was a box with fixed cables attaced. Alomost like a Y-cable with a box where it forks. Didn't know you had to attach cables to it. All clear now, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh a powered hub? I didnt know that was required,? I always use my Adent one on my main gaming computer for a very long time, since my camera, my sat nav, My I Pod and a vertabin 320 gig external H/D needs one, especially the external HD, that used to just drop out until I installed a powered USB hub. Well I let you look at the photos, sorry looks a mess, but in front i have the Joysticks and cables, that havent yet been put under the main board yet, of course i cant do anything to put everything in its proper positions until I have a set up that works. A powered USB hub is cheap enough off Amazon to get, so not an issue. As you can see, it does have a VGA port, albiet, I have no where to put it, but already tried connecting the Matrox to that, and all i get is two blank screens, and a red light on the matrox, so obviously that VGA output doesnt seem to be the main source of display. So confusing, my problem is I was a VHS video recorder repairer, for quite some years, so all my knowledge over the years has been analogue. Pity about VHS going down hill, because i had a good business, and it was lucrative, i lived near a factory unit, that sold all the parts, new heads, brake parts, collets, new tape guides, then literally overnight, when DVD players began to get cheaper, The demand for VHS video recorder repairs plummeted, most of us went out of business within a year of cheaper DVD players being made available. So digital stuff to me is a bit of a mystery and I suppose it shows lol Thanks again iI88pp :)

well, required...

I only suggested the powered hub because you say you suspect the power supply is not strong enough...

I suspect the matrox should be able to run off a pc USB connector too, if the usb connector is working correctly.

Your error message points to a driver that's not installed correctly.

Try installing it while the matrox is attached.

EDIT:

checked. The User Guide suggests attaching the usb directly to the PC. So a hub is not 'required' normally.

EDIT: But it does say it needs to be a powered usb port (?? Ithought they all were???).

If you don't have one it says to buy a matrox power adaptor.

(but I think you can also get away with buying a powered hub. It seems the USB is only there to provide power to the Matrox-Box, and not to send data.)

It says to never connect the devices while on. make sure pc and displays are switched off first.

Then it says to attach the usb first

then videocard (vga) to matrox

then display1 to matrox

then display 2 to matrox

It also suggests to always use two 'identical' monitors. With at least the same resolution and refresh frequency.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi sorry to take up your time, you been most helpful. there seems to be some discrepancy here on Driver suites, When I went on the matrox site to look for the drivers for this box XP version, I had to fill in my system details on separate windows, before it took me to the place to download the driver, the page your showing wasn't anything like the link Matrox gave me, all I got was ONE suite for My matrox analogue dual2go, for XP and thats what I installed. v32.gxm_2-07-01_100_whq (1).exe 2011.

I wasnt taken to this page at all? this is an SE version driver, because this matrox box isnt an SE edition, whatever that is?? should I still anyway install the one that states 2.13.00.106 SE U WHQL

Jun. 19, 2013??

Even though my box is not got SE on it? maybe getting somewhere I hope...pull my hair out soon!!!

yes both Samsungs are identical, I never change anything while data and screens are on with power, I power down computer first before undoing anything :)

I found this on the matrox site:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/

there I:

selected DualHead2Go Analog Edition

clicked next

clicked next

selected XP (your OS is XP, right?)

clicked next

found this driver:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/latest/

(SOmething Wrong with that link. It should lead to a XP driver, instead it leads to a list of many. I'm looking into it...)

OOOOPS:

Didn't realise you may have XP-64bit !!

In that case you will need to select that one of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats very wierd, I was given only one option to install, and that was the one v32.gxm_2-07-01_100_whq (1).exe 2011.

Obviously this is out of date?

I go and uninstall that 2011 suite, keep the matrox connected as it is, and download that 2013 version, and try and install it, it may actually install the right files? lol

No, I just did a Microsoft auto detection of my OS.

It says "Your operating system is 32 bit"

I was taken to the matrox home page, I just clicked software and drivers, then it took me through half a dozen questions, which took me to a page with only one driver suite available, it didnt take me to that page of "latest Display drivers " at all!

Archived