PMDG FMC: Inputting the route

crazyguy18

Ok. So i'm very new to this and I wanted something more realistic for flying hence, why I bought the PMDG 737NGX for FSX. However, I am having trouble using the FMC to input the way points. I'm going off a flight plan that I got from Flight Aware from KLAX-PANC. It takes the first waypoint but when I try to put in the second one or any other for the route, it says invalid. How can it be invalid if the waypoints are on the map itself. I don't know what to do and I have been over the manuals for the FMC but cannot figure it out. Can somebody help please? this is the route I'm trying to do:

VTU5 RZS J88 PYE J143 ENI FOT KYLLE B453 KATCH B453 MDO YESKA5

It takes the VTU5 but won't take anything else after.

Crazyguy18

You could view various youtube videos that show you the FMC procedures. Take time to read the documentation that comes with the software as well.

Also, you could use a flight planning program that will export the flight plan into PMDG format like FS Commander,etc. That way you can input the coroute in the FMC and it will populate the waypoints for you.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

VTU5 RZS J88 PYE J143 ENI FOT KYLLE B453 KATCH B453 MDO YESKA5

It takes the VTU5 but won't take anything else after.

Crazyguy18

You first need to analyze the route which part is what. Then type in your route as described in the manuals.

This route description contains the departure and arrival procedure respectively (VTU5, YESKA5). These are not waypoints, but procedures, you choose them, when your flightplan has been entered. The J88/J143/B453 are not waypoints either, they are airways and need to be put into the FMS plan accordingly.

The route itself is a bit strange, because looking at the chart

http://www.fly.faa.gov/Information/west/zla/lax/atcCharts/LAX_DP_00237VENTURA.pdf

the endpoint of the Ventura 5 procedure is DINTY, and going to RZS would actually double back on the same route.

The route itself is a bit strange, because looking at the chart

http://www.fly.faa.gov/Information/west/zla/lax/atcCharts/LAX_DP_00237VENTURA.pdf

the endpoint of the Ventura 5 procedure is DINTY, and going to RZS would actually double back on the same route.

That's if using the the DINTY transition. "VTU5.DINTY" The route he quotes is using the

SAN MARCUS transition. "VTU5.RZS".

The OP needs to do the tutorials..

But in short, he would need to first go to the departure page, select the runway

first, then the VTU5 departure, and then select the RZS transition.

Then go to the routes entry page, enter j88 on the left, PYE on the right, J143 on the left,

ENI on the right, FOT on the left, KYLLE on the right, B453 on the left, KATCH on the

right, B453 on the left, MDO on the right, "you might be able to go B453 straight to

MDO in one shot, but not sure..", and then would go to the arrival page and select

the YESKA5 arrival with the MDO transition, and then the runway last as you get it

from ATC. Then clear up any discontinuities on the legs page as needed, and

execute.

But I still strongly recommend doing the tutorials.

Archived