Coming Soon!

Her name is "Esther Mae" Douglas DC-3 N3006, I will post for you guy's in a couple of days putting finishing touches on her now. Here are some preview shots of what's been done.

You will be able to get her here and at the major sites

Respectfully:

David :pilot: ...

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpgEsther Mae 6.jpg

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

David, thanks for this paint, I really like it and I posted a set of screenies about my first flight in it!

You might want to check out this thread on page 17 about Gray Eagle having some door-opening issues because of one of the files you included with this paint. I tested and found I was having the same problem, so I spent a couple of hours running the cause down, and it turns out to be the "18" folder containing the beech_smoke file that your readme says to put into FSX\Gauges. The file in that folder is causing the problem- without it, doors work fine. With it, they don't work right using the keyboard commands in MJ's C-47 V2.

Also, I changed the Model for all of my civilian C-47s including this one to model=C47_2 because the C47_1 model has the military H-antennas on both sides of the cockpit, and civilian versions generally didn't have these.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

• 2 weeks later...

OK, now I'm confused- I just finished a new video starring Esther Mae, and I Googled "Esther Mae FSX" to see if I could get a usable picture of the real airplane... and I came up with what appears to be this exact repaint, but it's not by David Robles- it was published November 30, 2014 by Ralph Lichtenberger. Here's the link to it.

So now I don't know who to credit in my video. :confused: On the plus side, I got the picture I needed.

Please, if anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

If you used David's repaint from SOH, then I would have to guess that he would get the credit.

Yes, I did use David's paint, and I gave him credit. The new video is up. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, now I'm confused- I just finished a new video starring Esther Mae, and I Googled "Esther Mae FSX" to see if I could get a usable picture of the real airplane... and I came up with what appears to be this exact repaint, but it's not by David Robles- it was published November 30, 2014 by Ralph Lichtenberger. Here's the link to it.

So now I don't know who to credit in my video. :confused: On the plus side, I got the picture I needed.

If you used David's repaint from SOH, then I would have to guess that he would get the credit.

Thanks Guy's

Comparing Apple's to Apple's my rendition of the "Esther Mae" texture cannot compare to Ralph Lichtenberger's work. I admit, he did it right, his paint has all the right tones and looks exactly like it should while the one I did looks worn and tattered with to much dirt on the underside.

If you want "Esther Mae" in a more worn used look, then fly my version, but if you're like me and want her in a beautiful pristine paint then use Ralph's. I even posted a comment under my re-paint stating that the version I posted does not compare to his, he did it correctly. I myself deleted my own paint of "Esther Mae" and replaced it with his, it is that good.

My granddaughter even told me that his looked 100 times better, and I whole heartily agree with her. Thanks for your support but as far this paint of the two "Esther Mae's" it is very clear that Ralph did it right while I still need to learn more to create the items that I am doing.

I suggest that you combine the two packages use his paint, and use my flight plan and effects with the package. This has been is a learning experience for me to see how a true repaint artist creates masterpiece's. Ralph's does his work in real artistic fashion and rank's in my book as "First Class."

In the future I will try to match to his and other fantastic painters that have given back to this hobby that we love...

Respectfully:

David :pilot: ...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

WoW neat!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Archived