Not Just Another Pretty Face

Stumbled across a High-Def (4096) American Airlines paint by Hani Michal for Manfred Jahn's C-47 V2- it is nothing short of spectacular in my opinion. I did my maiden flight in this livery from KDFW to Houston Hobby KHOU but diverted to Sugarland KSGR because Hobby Tower kept telling me to go around on short final even though there was no conflict whatsoever.

Here are a couple of screenies to illustrate my point... EDITED this post to delete previous miniature screenshots and replace them with full-size HD versions! Yay! :D

American Airlines equipment at Dallas-Ft. Worth- Then and Now

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/AmericanAirllinesThenAndNow.png

Old-School Enroute Cruise: 150 Knots at 5,000 Feet

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/OldSchoolCruise.png

The Exhaust Flames effect is stunningly good, visible even in daylight

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/ExhaustFlames.png

After the third "Go Around!" from Hobby Tower (KHOU), I overflew the airport on Missed Approach vectors and went elsewhere.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/ThirdGoAroundAtHobby.png

American Beauty resting at Houston-Sugarland, wearing her best chocks after a hard day's work

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/AmericanBeauty.png

EDITED to convert previous miniature screenshots to full-size HD versions! Yay! :D

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Hoggydog,if you use a photo-hosting site like Photobucket (free) you can get full size screenshots to show here with no problems. Upload the screenies to P-bucket,edit/arrange them anyway you like.... then copy/paste the code into the reply box here at FS.com. Good to go with full size shots.

Hoggydog,if you use a photo-hosting site like Photobucket (free) you can get full size screenshots to show here with no problems. Upload the screenies to P-bucket,edit/arrange them anyway you like.... then copy/paste the code into the reply box here at FS.com. Good to go with full size shots.

D'OH! I have an old P-Bucket account that I haven't used in ages. Guess I should go see if it's still available (and/or if I can find/remember my login credentials), because dumbing down these gorgeous max-settings 1920x1080 HD screenshots to junky JPGs 1200 pixels wide and 488K max size is getting on my last nerve... and pretty much makes it pointless to even post them.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Woohoo! Found my old P-Bucket credentials, uploaded and reposted my screenies in full HD (see the edited OP). Thanks again for the tip!

EDIT EDIT: For some reason, the full-size *.png pics I uploaded to P-Bucket and posted here look a little blurry to me, but the ones on my local machine- the same ones I uploaded- are crisp and clear. Does Photobucket "process" the photos people upload? Should I be uploading the raw *.bmp files to Photobucket to get best image quality, instead of converting them to png files? Or is there some setting in Photobucket where I can select "Do not degrade my pictures to save space"??

Nice shots Doug! :cool:

Is that repaint available in the library?

If that paint is available in the FS Library, I couldn't find it. I got a link to it from the Sim Outhouse Manfred Jahn C-47 V2 forum thread. Also, I posted a link directly to it in my OP.

Great pics Doug!! :cool::cool::cool:

The High-Def textures for Manfred's C-47 are stunning! Did you download the other HD textures also?

Thank you, Jan, HornetDriver, KCD and Sampa! They will look 300% better as soon as I swap the dumbed-down versions I posted for full-size HD originals by posting them on P-Bucket as I was just tipped off to do... :o

Jan? What's that you say? "Other HD textures for the MJ C-47 V2?" This was the only one I found, and as I said, I literally stumbled across it while researching another issue (Shockwave Lights) for my new favorite airplane on Sim Outhouse. Where, pray tell, did you find other HD textures for this magnificent airplane? :confused: Google isn't finding them for me so far.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the *.png pics I linked to on Photobucket look a bit blurry to me. So, as a test, I uploaded a raw bmp image to see if it looks any better so I have a clue what is causing the blurries on my Photobucket images, because they are NOT blurry when I view them on my local hard disk.

Here's the bmp image I just uploaded:

Chocked up for Engine Runup

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/Chocked%20for%20Engine%20Runup.png

ADDENDUM: After examining the URL/IMG tag produced by P-bucket, I see that they converted my bmp image to png when I uploaded it. It does NOT look blurry like the previous shots that I had converted to png's before uploading, so I guess the learning for me is to upload them as bmp's and let P-bucket do the conversion to png's.

Doug, this is another one, and I downloaded a few more, I'll have look.:)

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?284685-C-47-MSA-quot-Malaysian-Singapore-Airways-quot-Duskflight-to-Singapore-(FSX)

And take a look at the Ralph Lichtenberger and Hani Michal repaints

Thank you, Jan, I'm on my way to get the one you linked.

I have seen a TON of Jan Kees paints for this airplane, all conveniently grouped together in one place on OzX, but none of them says anything about being HD, and I don't know how to tell the difference up front if it's not specified in the file description.

EDIT to add: I have to be doing something wrong- I can't find the B. Lechner MSA paint shown in the thread you linked to. I tried Google with search string "manfred jahn c-47 v2 paint B Lechner" and got 15-20 hits to the airplane itself and not ONE hit on any paint. I tried advanced search in the Library here using category "FSX All Files" because there is no category for "paints," "liveries" or "textures" so of course, like in Google, I did not get any hits on repaints by B/ Lechner.

I apologize for my ineptitude, but I just haven't "cracked the code" yet on finding paints. Maybe if I ever figure out how to search for paints for a specific airplane, I'll find that Ethiopian Air Lines paint I so badly crave for this awesome MJ C-47.

Thanks, Jan- I saw the preview of N3006 a couple of days ago but didn't know it had been released yet, so I'm delighted to get that one!

Beautiful, I like the first one, "then and now", priceless!

Super pics. of the old girl Doug. Nice work. :cool: :cool: :D

Fantastic HD shots and paint Doug!! :)

Thank you all! :D

Archived