Hi guys,

Im new here, had FSX boxed for a couple years played it on my old slow laptop but really liked it. When I bought my first proper pc got it with win8 realising thats a nono for FSX, using win8 and 8.1 for over 2 years it was hard to convince my lady to change to win7, but then FSXSE came and bought it played it but crashed after about 2.15-2.30hours, Then reading all the forums about fixing the registry and then learning to fix your plane is a great feeling. But today again to my great sadness crashed but no response no nothing had to restart.Anyway i have a few question bothering me hopefully someone can help.

System:

AMD FX6300 4.01OC

Saphire HD7850GB

8GB Ram I think 1633 or 1800?

120GB SSD

2x500GB ext HDD

Freeware

FSXWX

UK2000AIrports

FTX-Central

FTX-Lightconfig.

Payware

FsPassenger

Now I want to upgrade but one by one.

By the way iget about 17-28 around airports up to 60 fps otherwise(set to max60).

If I want more fps should i go hardware or software ? I have room for another GPU that would double the power but I read that FSX dosent like Crossfire or SLi? which one I have? im not too good at this.

Softerwise I want some quality, everyone compared gex rex utx but i never found a thread where obix-ftx was compared with the mentioed ones.

Also thinking of buying ifly b737 but they dont support win8, Does it worth going back win7? Pmdg does but a bit pricy for me.

Hope not too many ? but had to let it out :)

Archived