Please suggest a good Joystick for me

savedlema

Hi all!

I have MS FSX on my Toshiba Satellite, 4GB RAM...it works just nicely (I don't play the game so often), this time I think I will try a Joystick.

Somebody is flying from America soon and I need to order a Joystick, which one should I get for like not much than 30USD?

Truly, I have searched the net and even flightsim.com but I get confused a lot; I get confused when people talk also about rudder, throttle and other things as types of joystics too, are they? Will I be okay to just get a Joystic??

I visit sites like saitek and thrustmaster but the later is just filled with pictures and saitek is one of those places I get mixed up with Joystick, Throttle, Yoke, Rudder, pedals...

I'm not interested in setting up a sophisticated game studio, just something I can attach to my laptop and enjoy the game.

What about the Logitech Joystick in this Amazon link

Thanks everyone.

The Logitech extreme 3d you linked via amazon is a very good choice, it has the twist function which is ideal for rudder if you don't have pedals. Be warned however that it has issues with the drivers on Windows 8. If you're running Win8, look for something else. Otherwise, highly recommended. I have one and use them all the time.

Ricardo

FSThrottle.com

Thank you Mr.Zippy...I think I may go for the Amazon one. In the mean time, I listen what others have to say too.

Thank you so much for responding.

For a simple joystick, the one you linked to would be fine. I'm using the Logitech Attack3 model and it's worked perfectly for the last 4 years.

Thank you Ricardo!

I have Win 7 and of course, not planning to upgrade into Win 8. (may be the next ver of Windows)

So it seems I will go for it.

Thank you so much for offering to advice.

The Logitech extreme 3d you linked via amazon is a very good choice, it has the twist function which is ideal for rudder if you don't have pedals. Be warned however that it has issues with the drivers on Windows 8. If you're running Win8, look for something else. Otherwise, highly recommended. I have one and use them all the time.

+1 to the Logitech 3d pro. I can confirm the driver issues with Windows 8 (joystick will suddenly become unresponsive due to the computer misreading the driver information), however it happens relatively infrequently and usually a computer restart clears it up.

http://vnorthwest.com/lib/signatures/NWA3004.png

Great VA! Join me at http://www.vnorthwest.com :)

Several reviewers have given the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro a negative rating - 1 star out of 5. I've had no problems since purchased new September 2010. It operates and holds calibration, nothing has worn out so far. I use it with the FSX default Cessna, Beechcraft, Grumman, DeHavilland, the Boeing jets and especially the FA18 Hornet. Works well for me, other users will likely have a better choice.

Ron

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Thanks Hill,

You are another support of the one in the link and I may probably go for it. It is also within my budget.

Thanks.

+1 to the Logitech 3d pro. I can confirm the driver issues with Windows 8 (joystick will suddenly become unresponsive due to the computer misreading the driver information), however it happens relatively infrequently and usually a computer restart clears it up.

Thanks inky for sharing your experience. I may likely go for it too.

Thank you.

Several reviewers have given the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro a negative rating - 1 star out of 5. I've had no problems since purchased new September 2010. It operates and holds calibration, nothing has worn out so far. I use it with the FSX default Cessna, Beechcraft, Grumman, DeHavilland, the Boeing jets and especially the FA18 Hornet. Works well for me, other users will likely have a better choice.

Ron

Thanks for sharing your experience Rupert. I will go for the stick then.

I have had the 3D Pro for years as well. NADA, ZERO, NONE PROBLEMS. However I only use Windows 7. Since that's what you're using, good choice of joystick, IMHO.

I have had the 3D Pro for years as well. NADA, ZERO, NONE PROBLEMS. However I only use Windows 7. Since that's what you're using, good choice of joystick, IMHO.

+1. I've used one for years with Windows 7 and no problems at all.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

+1 for the Logitech 3d pro. I've used it in Win7 for over 2 years with not one single problem. Plus it has a nice long USB cable to boot :)
Intel I7 3820 processor @ 4.6 Ghz 8Gig Ram, Asus P9X79 Pro MB, 256Gb Primary SSD drive, 2 TB storage drive, NVidia GeForce GTX-650 Boost GPU,Win7 64 Professional, 2x Dell 24" monitors

Thank you cpudoctor, thanks for sharing your 2 years experience. I'm gonna go for it and I hope it is the same one on my Amazon link.

Thanks!

+1 for the Logitech 3d pro. I've used it in Win7 for over 2 years with not one single problem. Plus it has a nice long USB cable to boot :)

I have used the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for more than 3 years. About 2 years ago, I started having rudder problems while taxiing and takeoff--aircraft rudders would become flaky and out of control. Long story short--it was the 3D. Found a Youtube video on the subject and the author commented the cure was to "Exercise" the stick--twisting it in circles and other movements for a minute. He was right. It cures the problem.

R

REDDAIR, thank you so much for sharing your "balanced" experience. Its good to hear of the challenge and how you overcame it. I will definitely go for this and I hope it will be just easy and enjoyable to use it with my FSX.

I have used the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for more than 3 years. About 2 years ago, I started having rudder problems while taxiing and takeoff--aircraft rudders would become flaky and out of control. Long story short--it was the 3D. Found a Youtube video on the subject and the author commented the cure was to "Exercise" the stick--twisting it in circles and other movements for a minute. He was right. It cures the problem.

R

They (Saitek, etc) have NEVER made a stick to beat the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick. PERIOD. I have 3 of them. Been using one for 10+ years and it still works 'as new'. I fly planes, ships, tanks, UFO's, and vehicles and it work PERFECT all the time.

Paying $99 doesn't make it 'better' FOR YOU. See pic. Even a used Sidewinder 2 is better than most new 'gadgets' you might be talked into buying. See pic. It's at Amazon. Beware of EBay (not trustworth on electrical equiptment).

Chuck B

Napamule

MS Sidewinder 2.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I thoroughly endorse lesh's comments.

The Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback plus FS Force2 software is a wonderful combination giving you excellent feedback about the control surface forces and hence what the plane is doing and helping you to fly better.

Have fun

silver

Archived