Max sweep...

mabe5454

I got this new development. If you see the attached picture that's the max I can sweep/pan right (I can't get to the nose of the plane for viewing), when I press Space-bar and move the mouse all to the right. I used to though.

Max.jpg

BTW, if I press Shift + 8 (num pad) it does show the nose view.

Max-NoseView.jpg

Any ideas,

Cheers,

Just making sure I'm on the same page as you. So...starting looking at the nose of the aircraft, you cannot do a 360 degree walk-around/pan-around of your aircraft ending up back at the nose? Like in my rather basic video?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You got it. I can only do 180 degrees from the tail to the wings. It will not cross the wings towards the nose. As I said before, this is new cause I didn't have this problem before.

Cheers,

OK, now that we are on the same page, so to speak, have you edited the cameras.cfg for Locked Spot? Are you using EZDOC cameras, by any chance?

This is the Locked Spot view from the camera.cfg in the same location as your FSX.cfg. is yours the same?

[CameraDefinition.004]

Title = Locked Spot

Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}

Description = This is the description of the spot view.

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FlatChaseLocked

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = Yes

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category = Outside

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=3

Pretty much identical:

[CameraDefinition.004]

Title = Locked Spot

Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}

Description = This is the description of the spot view.

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FlatChaseLocked

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = Yes

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category = Outside

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=3

The "Space" bar has become different or reset somehow to what I had described.

I can get to the nose view like you with the shift and the numpad keys (8 or arrow up).

I keep digging...

Spacebar should be assigned like this:

spacebar assignment.JPG

You can use your joystick hat switch to pan around when in locked spot view. Tried that?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Mr Zippy: It is assigned as in your picture.

Napamule: Not that easy. FSX doesn't take the Saitek inputs sometimes only some. I know is weird too. As for FSUIPC4, no it is not register. It doesn't need it for me.

This is a biggie one, I can feel it.

Cheers,

Mr Zippy: It is assigned as in your picture.

Napamule: Not that easy. FSX doesn't take the Saitek inputs sometimes only some. I know is weird too. As for FSUIPC4, no it is not register. It doesn't need it for me.

This is a biggie one, I can feel it.

Cheers,

Are you using the Saitek software, if you are delete it and just use the FSX control interface. My hat switch works on my Saitek yoke and joystick.

Like Napamule said, just use your hat to pan around in external view.

Try cycling key 'S' to it.

Make sure you haven't cycled to a fixed external camera view, that one only has very limited range.

Check my pretty screenshots in this thread-

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?279440-How-do-I-show-the-nose-of-the-aircraft-in-FSX/page2

Sorry for the delay but $ comes first even with FSX.

Doble J: I do not use the Saitek Profile, too much reading too little benefits. I use the Saitek Control Panel for verification purposes. It works for me.

ScatterbrainKid: Yes, I use S and A always so I know how they work. I can use the panning as in your link since your shots are from the tail.

Thanks,

I'll keep looking...

Cheers,

HELLO!! If your hat switch and 'mouse look' are not working then your CONTROLLER is NOT WORKING and you either need a new controller (not likely) or LEARN how to set up you CONTROLS in FSX. Pulling on the cables or wires and hitting the side of the case DOESNT WORK (I've tried that..hehe). Seriously...it's not that hard to 'fix'.

Disconnet your (USB?) controller cable. Wait 20 seconds. Re-Plug and see if Windows will 'recognize' the controller. If it does, it will load the 'drivers' (Windows) for it. Done.

Chuck B

Napamule

bigger hammer.gif

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I gotta ask...In your locked Spot view, where do you start your pan? The thing I noticed and also showed in my "Mickey Mouse" video, to get a full 360 degree pan, left or right, is to start at the nose of the aircraft and then pan completely around, either direction. If the pan is started at the tail, then only a 180 degrees of pan happens. Other starting positions will vary the amount of pan you get.

No worries, a new version of Pan, by Disney, is coming this Summer.;)

No go. I can get to the nose view by shift+8 but the moment I hit space, it goes to the last position I left when i used space+mouse (mouse look?).

...Pan, by Disney, is coming this Summer.

Thanks I'll pass that Pan for sure. LOL!

PS: I do not use any button or switch in my Saitek for viewing. I learned to flight MSFS with the keyboard first.

I get the impression you don't know what a 'hat switch' is. Or it sure sounds like it.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived