PC specs for Prepare 3D 2.5

Wildthing

Folks, I am one of those few FS9 holdouts. The reason why I still run FS9 exclusively is because I like the immersion of flying a complex aircraft (Level-D 767) into a big airport (FSDreamteam JFK) with lots of AI traffic (WOAI) and still have great FPS.

I am thinking of dipping my toes into the Prepare 3D world. Could I fly Prepare 3D with the above consumers and still get acceptable FPS while vastly improving my simulation's eye candy? These are my desktop computer specs:

Intel I7-920 OC 3.66, ATI HD 6950 2GB, 12 GB DDR 1600 Ram. At the moment, I use Windows 8.1 X64. Any advice would be helpful.

Really difficult to answer. Each system is different. On the surface, your specs are on the edge but I've known others with similar specs getting acceptable results (to them). ut of the box, the eye candy in P3D is better but you will probably be limited in how much more you can activate without performance loss.

That said, the best thing is that LM gives a 60 day money back guarantee so you can try it and see how your system handles it.

Only caution - do NOT apply the old FSX/FS9 tweaks - they are not needed. Install and accept the defaults at first and see how it goes. Then adjust a bit as necessary.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks Vic, I will look into trying a monthly license and see how my system works. One more question, since I won't be buying any dedicated P3D addons and simply using my dual license FSX/FS9 payware as well as native FSX freeware addons, is version 2.5 any less compatible than version 1.5 when using these addons?

Archived