FSX Moving Map (no 3rd party add-on)

johankotze

All FSX moving maps are 3rd-party add-ons. One of the best, and it's free, is here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/ .

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

As Doug suggests, your question is non-sequitur. Within the context of FSX, a "third party" is anyone but Microsoft which is to say you don't want to install an add-on which does not come with the original FSX software package.

Also as Doug suggests, Plan-G is probably what you want.

Maybe what you were really asking for is freeware. Plan-G and clicking the "Connect" feature.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I use the default GPS as a 'moving map'(sort of). It shows the airports, etc. You can 'undock' the GPS window and move it to a second monitor. You can add it to ANY panel (look in default aircraft type panel for (syntax, text, section) and add the section to your panel). A lot less complicated and is a simple solution (in my book).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived