Bonners Ferry, Idaho

adamb

Super shots !!
AMD FX-8350 8 CORES 4.0/ovrclckd 5.0GHz, GIGABYTE GA 990FXA-UD7, RAM 32GB/2000MHz, GeFORCE GTX TITAN, 2xSSD 256GB, 2*HDD 2TB, 3x42" LCD, SAITEK PRO FLIGHT, MCP+EFIS PANEL, ANDROID TABLET FOR FMC AND EFB, WIN8-64BIT, FS9

Stunning pictures. Before I even opened the post up, I read the city name in teh title and knew this was probably going to be fantastic. And I was right. And to think... that's FS9. I just presumed FSX, until I read your signature line at the bottom and saw what you wrote. No wonder you bolded it in red font! You're no doubt proud of how you got that tried but true old version to shine.

The two lane road, with the white and yellow lines is pretty amazing. Such detail. I'm also impressed with both the cloud textures and their coverage. My biggest complaint about default whether is one can never get the middle to higher level clouds to cover the sky the way one can get the lower level ones to. Things like alto-cumulus, alto-stratus, and cirro-stratus just seem to miss the mark. But a few of your screen shots really seem to capture the essence and beauty of clouds high enough to fly under at quite a few thousand feet AGL, yet expansive enough and thick enough to block the sun. The effect is one of a cloudy day, but clear visibility. A hard thing to achieve in stock FS9.

I applaud you!

-- John

Peter, Klee, John B, Phil, Bernardo, Jan, Larry, thank you fellas. :)

Klee I think the guy commented on the wrong post. :D In the first place Orbx doesn't make scenery for FS9 and I have no signature line in bolded red font, plus the weather is REX, not default :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adam B.,

Yes, my mistake... sorry. I was reading the post below yours from user 'pchmck', and assumed his sig line was your sig line-- hence the confusion about it being FS9.

As for the weather, yes I read it was REX. My point was, unlike default weather textures, the REX has the better cloud coverage-- even at mid altitudes. So obviously, REX is a vast improvement over the default weather.

-- John

Thank you John. :) I've had my share of mistakes, believe me. :D There are a few people here that claim they are perfect, like Jan (peer) for instance, but we all know different. ;)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

It's beautiful legacy scheme, that interest it. nice airport and environment terrain.

Love it flying a Lancair!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Archived