adjusting G black out

Since zipping around the skies in my F15E I've noticed that Pulling G now is causing some more frequent G-loc's for obvious reasons compared to a Phenom 100.

Is there a way to make the pilot less' susceptible to G in the cfg file? I don't really want to turn G off in the fsx settings tbh.

just adjust it to be more like a fighter pilots resiliance?

I think you can only turn it on or off, "GEffect=True" or "GEffect=False".

I turned it off, the effect is definitely not tuned for ACM or aerobatic flying.

And no need to go through the cfg file for that, realism options is the easiest way.

But there has to be a value for that in the aircraft cfg file.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

These are the G-force limits in the default F-18 aircraft.cfg:

positive_g_limit_flaps_up = 7.5 //Design G load tolerance (positive, flaps up)

positive_g_limit_flaps_down= 7.5 //Design G load tolerance (positive, flaps down)

negative_g_limit_flaps_up = -5.0 //Design G load tolerance (negative, flaps up)

negative_g_limit_flaps_down= -5.0 //Design G load tolerance (negative, flaps down)

load_safety_factor = 1.5 //Design G load safety factor

Some other reading as a result of Google searches...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3592.0

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_036a.html

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Surely No.

If there was something for the purpose of allowing the user to change this, it would be in the FSX SDK and the aircraft.cfg file. If you are SURE such a thing exists, you are welcome to search the FSX SDK and let us know.

I guess it's not very helpful to mention FSX is not a combat simulator, but a civilian aviation simulator which does not prevent the limited modeling of combat aircraft.

You'll also have trouble finding support in the FSX SDK for an ejection seat or rocket propulsion (yes I know the later is mentioned but never supported.) There is a lot a creative gauge coder/ 3D modeler can do to add interesting features to FS which is not natively supported. Removing compiled code features? Good luck.

A Google search indicates people have been asking for this before and there have been no solutions offered other than what you have already seen here.

Alternatively, there are dedicated combat simulations where this is also modeled and you cannot change it in these sims either, so not at all unusual for FS to leave this out. You could also try MS Combat simulator.

I also fly DCS World A10 Warthog (probably the most advanced current combat simulator) and Falcon4. I'm trying to remember if G-lock is supported in Orbiter. You could try that. Have you considered becoming a modeler for Flight Gear? XPlane?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

^^^

He was pointed to this early in the thread but wants to control its intensity.

"Is there a way to make the pilot less' susceptible to G in the cfg file? I don't really want to turn G off in the fsx settings tbh."

-Pv-

thanks for the info and replays. .by the looks of it. .the answer is no.

You mentioned Falcon. Was a keen falconer for many years from its first inception as Falcon4.0 through to BMS over the last few years, The G loc is very accurately modelled there indeed. Im not really wanting to get into DCS. I have A10 but without the dynamic campaign that Falcon has to offer its not engrossing enough for me. FSX when i first purchased it , i didn't really have the rig to run it 7 years ago.

Guess Ill just have to manage my G straining better

cheers

^^^

He was pointed to this early in the thread but wants to control its intensity.

"Is there a way to make the pilot less' susceptible to G in the cfg file? I don't really want to turn G off in the fsx settings tbh."

-Pv-

Theres has to be a value somewhere but no one seems to know because it doesnt really matter. I guess not a lot of simmers spend much time in a war jet.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks for the info and replays. .by the looks of it. .the answer is no.

You mentioned Falcon. Was a keen falconer for many years from its first inception as Falcon4.0 through to BMS over the last few years, The G loc is very accurately modelled there indeed. Im not really wanting to get into DCS. I have A10 but without the dynamic campaign that Falcon has to offer its not engrossing enough for me. FSX when i first purchased it , i didn't really have the rig to run it 7 years ago.

Guess Ill just have to manage my G straining better

cheers

I've experimented with adjustments to fsx.cfg & although there are 3 entries that I've found in the listing, the only one of interest is either true or false..the other two refer to the presentation on screen of the value of g.

So it looks as if its not adjustable.....at least in the fsx.cfg

Keith

Archived