Default Tree scenery enhancements??

drake4896

I was looking for enhancements for trees and I found FS2004 Tree Textures by Mick Posch " trees mp.zip" which I found here in the library and Gerrish Gray Trees v3 (which isn't available here in the library for some reason but is at euro-vahq.tripod.com) and both updates work together fine.

The Gerrish Gray Trees were actually created for FS2002 and I was wondering if there has been any newer updates created for FS2004 to replace these items?

I now have a faster PC and frame rates are not an issue any more with my set up.

Thanks

Drake

Here is another one: 'treeswap.zip', 8.2 Mb, by Howard Smith. Worth checking out. Also, have you tried 'Silver Wings'. The trees (autogen) in that package are fabulous. It was put out by Bill Lyons. Silver Wings contains other 'improvements' which you might not be aware of, as they are 'bonus' (but 'hidden'?) which are also good additon for a better FS9.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Is there a Tree Felling program as well?

Sort of ... The default FS2004 trees are too LARGE in comparison to other sim objects. The "TreeGen" by Feng Zhu over at Avsim is a set of replacement trees that cuts the default tree size down to 40% of their original height. But it DOUBLES the number of trees you see.

The Silver Wings package may have a autogen bgl that also creates more trees but I was afraid to install it to my FS2004 set up as SW contains a lot of extra items that I don't want changed in my current sim set up.

I am happy with the "TreeGen" by Feng Zhu and I think many others like it as well, I saw that the item has been downloaded over 37,000 times.

Regards

Drake

I googled it (as I am not an Avsim'er) and it's also at Simviation, file name 'tree_gen.zip'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived