Ezdok not functioning

Boris1175

I have a multitude of problems really. The first real problem that I spotted was when I tried to create a new camera in Ezdok. It said "The ROOT section in EXE.XML file not found EZCA will not start automatically", and then the whole shabam just crashed. I tried doing some fixes from different forums, and all of them suggested that there might be a problem with my exe.xml file, but after rooting around, and validating it a couple of times, I could find anything.

Launch

exe.xml

False

False

Couatl

False

False

fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe

EZdok camera addon

false

C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe

as_btstrp_config_manager

False

as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe

After that, I tried uninstalling it, deleting the content on my hard drive, and then reinstalling.

Then I discovered that when I tried to enter a plane in free flight mode, I was stuck in the 2D cockpit as well as unable to edit Ezdok cameras. When I tried uninstalling it for a second time, the 2D cockpit issue remained. I don't know if these problems are directly connected, or if I messed something up whilst fiddling around with the .xml file, but I am seriously stumped. Also, I no longer have discs for FSX, or else I would have simply tried repairing the program. Help would be very appreciated! :D

P.S. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but this all started happening around the time I downloaded the VRS Superbug. :s

I have a multitude of problems really. The first real problem that I spotted was when I tried to create a new camera in Ezdok. It said "The ROOT section in EXE.XML file not found EZCA will not start automatically", and then the whole shabam just crashed. I tried doing some fixes from different forums, and all of them suggested that there might be a problem with my exe.xml file, but after rooting around, and validating it a couple of times, I could find anything.

Launch

exe.xml

False

False

Couatl

False

False

EZdok camera addon

false

as_btstrp_config_manager

False

as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe

After that, I tried uninstalling it, deleting the content on my hard drive, and then reinstalling.

Then I discovered that when I tried to enter a plane in free flight mode, I was stuck in the 2D cockpit as well as unable to edit Ezdok cameras. When I tried uninstalling it for a second time, the 2D cockpit issue remained. I don't know if these problems are directly connected, or if I messed something up whilst fiddling around with the .xml file, but I am seriously stumped. Also, I no longer have discs for FSX, or else I would have simply tried repairing the program. Help would be very appreciated! :D

P.S. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but this all started happening around the time I downloaded the VRS Superbug. :s

Personally i have no idea right now, but i have the addon so will install it tonight and see how it goes :)

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

if you reinstall you must do so from the original Flight1 wrapper. If you use the extracted install files, EZDOK will not work, just like you describe (validation issue).

Which version of EZDOK are you using? Official release or the current beta 1.18?

My exe.xml looks a little different (I know this isn't 100% by the book, but it has worked for years now)

EZdok camera addon

False

Couatl

False

False

Archived