Will this run FSX?

PilotCR

To all, Would this laptop be able to run FSX?

Lenovo G505s

Windows 8

AMD A10 - 5750M APU with Radeon HD Graphics @ 2.5GHz

8GB RAM

Would this be able to run FSX with add-ons such as; Airbus X REX (maybe) FTX (maybe) PMDG 777/737 (maybe) Airport addons such as Kai Tak etc...

Thank you.

Pilot CR - yt: CR Aviation

No...Not a chance. Not with a 2.5Ghz CPU. Maybe with a 4Ghz+ CPU.....And then only with a decent GPU.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

To all, Would this laptop be able to run FSX?

Lenovo G505s

Windows 8

AMD A10 - 5750M APU with Radeon HD Graphics @ 2.5GHz

8GB RAM

Would this be able to run FSX with add-ons such as; Airbus X REX (maybe) FTX (maybe) PMDG 777/737 (maybe) Airport addons such as Kai Tak etc...

Thank you.

Pilot CR - yt: CR Aviation

Your system, pretty much like mine will run fSX run at lower settings when installed as default, but will not run at all with that payware installed. Want fancy, have to pay for fancy.

Dont even think about it. it might not even match the minimal requirements.

try checking it out here (if you allready bought it...)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

You will throw your money on some good laptop for FSX since you will get some exellent PC for cheaper price.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you are not already an experienced FSX user, you will discover soon the minimum settings a 2.5GHx processor requires allows you to fly, but the experience is not satisfying. Even a 3GHz machine struggles with low to medium settings which also provide a limited visual presentation without stutters.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Even a 3GHz machine struggles with low to medium settings

-Pv-

i dont really agree with the low to medium specs part, my PC (specs below)

can run FS display at an easy 66% with a bit of image jumps here and there

it dépends of how confortable we feel with those results.

PilotCR

lets not forget that its CPU is 2.1 and FSX minimums is 2 ghz

Its really low.

When i bought my first PC back in 2004 CPU was 2 ghz, i bought FS2004

and it will struggle a lot, imagine when i when i ran FSX on it...

if you are new to FSX, first timers might be pleased with the lower results

You might run it well at a maximum 25% display settings, do not enable antialiasing, filter max to bilinear, all traffic to lowest, max fps to 30, clouds to lowest, avoid complexe addons, use 2d panels. i think once fsx is installed it will detect your laptop specs and

automatically set FS display settings to it.

but believe me, if you are already on a thrill because of having the sim, you will

love it too much, you wont get enough, put some dolares a side and invest on a 850$ PC :)

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi guys, thank you for your replies. I apologise in advance I am not exactly clued up on the ins and outs of how pc's work etc... I have found some pc's online with the following setups:

1).

AMD Athlon X4 860K 4.3GHz Quad core OC Processor with Arctic Cooler

AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB Graphics Card

8GB 1600MHz RAM/Memory

1TB Hard Drive

2).

AMD A4 4020 3.4GHz turbo CPU

Massive 8GB Memory

Massive 1TB Hard Disk

AMD Radeon HD 7480D APU Graphics

I am a newbie to the world of FSX, I have not got the sim yet, but want to find a decent pc first. Are any of these 2 and good. If not what is the ideal specs to run with add-ons like REX and an aircraft add-on?

Regards

Pilot CR

Hi guys, thank you for your replies. I apologise in advance I am not exactly clued up on the ins and outs of how pc's work etc... I have found some pc's online with the following setups:

1).

8GB 1600MHz RAM/Memory

1TB Hard Drive

2).

Massive 8GB Memory

Massive 1TB Hard Disk

I am a newbie to the world of FSX, I have not got the sim yet, but want to find a decent pc first. Are any of these 2 and good. If not what is the ideal specs to run with add-ons like REX and an aircraft add-on?

Regards

Pilot CR

Personally im not enough experience to compare 2 different recent systems and decide

wich is the best.

See my specs below.

My PC can run display settings from 50 to 66 % pretty well.

no antialiasing, air traffic and global traffic to 75%, roads and boats to 0% (i dont see the need) 2 undocked windows max ( i have two monitors ) cloud settings under 35% ok

I am confortable with it even if it lags once in a while.

A good thing is to ask a friend, who has a decent PC, download the FSX demo on it

and try it for a couple of days, change the display, settings, the weather.

It will give you an idea and then compare your friends PC specs with other specs in sites as GPU BOSS, motherboards.specout.com, you will have a better idea.

Frankly, for me a, 3 ghz CPU makes me happy, 3.5 should be enough, dual core

Although some technician at my local store told me nvidia graphics are better for FS than Radeon

why ? i couldnt understand..

The higher the processors are the smoother you will run FS, but its relative

i feel good with what a percieve from my sim, others wont.

Oh ! btw, that R7 240 radeon wont be enough, better with a 250.

But the 240 beats the hd7480

• 1 month later...

Laptop Spec..jpg Away from home for a few months. Thinking about investing PMDG 777 for this laptop. Presently it runs Aerosoft 318/319 OK with reasonable settings. My home desktop has better specs but I won't be back there till October.

Any thoughts before I buy?

Just based on RAM and CPU I don't think the 777 would be an enjoyable experience. But, of course, YMMV.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

1).

8GB 1600MHz RAM/Memory

1TB Hard Drive

2).

Massive 8GB Memory

Massive 1TB Hard Disk

Regards

Pilot CR

It's been my experience with FSX that the faster CPU was always the most help for my personal enjoyment. I'd suggest you start any search with a 4GHZ or faster processor & 8GB of ram.

I'm not familiar with any of the specific cards mentioned above. But with a 4GHZ+ CPU and 2G of GPU ram, I'd expect your first example to do fine. I spend most of my money on the speed of the CPU every time.

Of course as always Your Experience May Vary.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I run FSX with settings well up and extras with no problems.

Desktop spec shown below :pilot:

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

I run FSX pretty well with no payware but plenty of freeware addons, photoreal scenery, airports, and aircraft. Anything extra added and I just tighten the old rubber band!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Nuff said! I'll wait till I get back to home base. Thanks for your advice. Richard.

Unfortunately, for a laptop to be a really good FS machine, it almost needs to

be one of the "gamer" models with speedy CPU and enough RAM, "I think one should

have at least 8GB RAM if using a 64 bit OS", and a decent GPU.

Some of the "standard" laptops have the CPU power, but then fall short on the

video.. etc.. And unfortunately, most of the "gamer" laptops are not exactly cheap.

I kicked around the idea of a new laptop when I did my recent build, but in the end

decided to rebuild the desktop as it was less money.

But I'd still like to get a new FS capable laptop eventually. The one I have now is

really weak as far as FSX. But it's only a Pentium 1.7 ghz and has puny video.

Archived