That Pesky Error Message...

ViperPilot2

Howdy!

With my recent Vanilla Installation of FS9 on my Laptop, I'm getting the 'Incompatible Software' message at Startup for FSSound.dll and GaugeSound.dll... you know, when it asks you if you want to load the Software, and you either answer Yes or No, then everything proceeds normally?

I forgot what the fix for this is, because I haven't done it in so long... something about the [OLD MODULES] thingy in the FS9.cfg... is that right?

If someone would, please lead me out of the Enchanted Forest, and set me on the proper path to Salvation and Harmony with FS9?

Can I get an "Amen, Brother"? :p

Thanks!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

LOADSIM=1

LOADWINDOW=1

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

STARTUP_DEMO=

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Fiber_Frame_Fraction=0.1

[OldModules]

Fssound.dll=1

FSUIPC.dll=1

The fs9.cfg file is in Win 7 is in users/" your name'/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsp

Hey Buddy,

You must be inporting FS2k2 aircraft and/or panels, eh? Hehe.

Here are some more lines tha go in (OldModules) section:

GaugeSound.dll=1

SOARRec.dll=1

ADF2MOD.dll=1

F1_view.dll=1

fsflightmax.dll=1

SimSound.dll=1

Well here are 2 tips:(1).Unzip the attached file "FSSoundEndUser". Install the "fssound.dll" into your "FS2004/Modules" folder. (You can't just make entry in FS9 cfg. You must have a 'good' version of the fssound.dll-there are corrupt ones out there). (2). Check and see if there is a 'space' after '1' in fs9.cfg 'fssound.dll=1' line. That will make the line 'faulty' and FS9 won't work. See pic.CUL8R.

Chuck B

Napamule

Space after FS9 cfg line.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I KNEW it was something simple! :p

Thanks, gentlemen!

Chuck... you caught me! Of course that's what I was doing; my standard M.O.!

BTW... having a blast with the 'uprated' C-172N you did for me... thanks again!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Alan,

The C-172N? The one with 225 hp piston engine, with aerobatic carb, and 132 Kt cruise due to power and thrust scaler=1.3 (hehe)? Yeah I remember that jobbie. Neat, eh? That was Sept 2014. Glad you are enjoying it. I've been playing with the Harriers (AP and UKMil). Lots of carrier landings and then some oil rig helipad landings. I'm too good (ha).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

You could have 'mybaldhead.dll' in the Modules folder and it won't 'do' anything (bad). It is only when some file needs to 'run' any 'dll' libray file that FS9 checks to see (by looking in Modules folder) if it has been 'cleared' and/or 'approved' for 'running' (denoted by the '=1' (ie: yes)). No one puts the line in cfg, or dll in modules folder, so it has to be YOU that must do those 2 things. They don't tell you eveyrthing (obviously) but you can learn.

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck,

That's the one! It's a great little airplane that can do just about everything; STOL, comfortable X-country flights, and short hops around the Cabbage Patch!

:p

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived