PMDG 737NGX FMC Question

HoggyDog

This quote originated in another thread- I'm copying it here to avoid hijacking the other thread.

Same for the PMDG [737NGX] [...] setting up the flightplan for a flight (programming it in the FMC) takes around an hour, while sitting at the dock. Sure you want that before every flight...

*blink*

Does the PMDG 737NGX not have an option to import FSX flight plans that you set up quickly and simply using the FSX Flight Planner, or at least some 3rd-party flight planning tool? Surely there must be some way to bypass or greatly simplify getting a flight plan into the FMC other than by laborious manual entry, keystroke by keystroke? :eek:

If not, I'll be scratching that PMDG 737NGX that I've lusted after for months off my wish list... :(

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

First, I have studied in books, Youtube and other places to learn how to use the PMDG FMC and find it fun...yes...fun to learn...as a result ...I have never experienced an hour to load a flight plan....there are ways to import flight plans and save them in the FMC ....I only fly now the PMDG 777 and NGX or planes with an FMC like QW 757 or Level D 767...... so, my man...don't scratch the FMC planes off your list .....they are great...go for it..Once you get the jist of the FMC you should be able to load a flight plan in 15 min or at times even less....al v

You can import plans. Also you can do plans and save them to reload as company

plans. I think some of the planning sites can export as PMDG plans also.

But there is really not much to it once you get the hang of things. I do all mine from

scratch every flight. The short flights I can do in just a couple of minutes or so,

including the performance pages, etc.. And there are ways to do things faster, such

as using the route page and entering airways one shot at a time, which can actually

enter more than one waypoints at a time if you look at the legs page.

So even a route like KHOU to KLAX, I can punch in pretty fast.. Maybe 3-4 minutes at

the most.. ???

A short flight like KHOU to KDAL, I can punch in the route in less than one minute

because I've done that flight so many times and know the route from memory.

Another minute to do the TO performance pages, and I'm done and ready to go.

You can also have the airplane panel state however you want it to start also..

IE: you can do cold and dark if you want, but you can do a quick turn start where

most everything is powered up, but engines, etc off, or you can have it start running

and ready to go if you want. I usually start with a short turn.. Engines off, but APU on.

I could start with ground power and air, but the reason I start with APU on, is if I decide

to start a flight from a smaller airport that might not have ground power, air, etc, or

from a parking spot instead of a gate.. Most BBJ flights I start from a parking spot and

not a gate, and I'll be running off the APU for power.

The NGX is like the real plane as far as the FMC.. No difference really. If it took real pilots

an hour to set up the FMC for a flight, they would be lucky if they didn't get fired within

a day, much less getting all their routes flown on time during the typical day. lol..

This quote originated in another thread- I'm copying it here to avoid hijacking the other thread.

*blink*

Does the PMDG 737NGX not have an option to import FSX flight plans that you set up quickly and simply using the FSX Flight Planner, or at least some 3rd-party flight planning tool? Surely there must be some way to bypass or greatly simplify getting a flight plan into the FMC other than by laborious manual entry, keystroke by keystroke? :eek:

If not, I'll be scratching that PMDG 737NGX that I've lusted after for months off my wish list... :(

1. You cannot import a FSX format plan.

2. There are multiple tools that will create PMDG formatted plans that can be imported.

3. You cannot import SIDs and STARs.

4. Manually entered plans can be saved and reloaded.

5. Manual entry is generally not all that laborious, given the route lengths of most 737 flights.

DJ

Archived