Need a New Yoke - Which One?

Consider the following:

1. Saitek Pro Flight Yoke $145

2. Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke $195

3. CH Products Eclipse Yoke $194

Prices are current at Amazon for comparison.

My questions:

1. Ignoring price, is any one of these significantly better/worse than the others?

2. Considering price, are the Saitek Cessna and/or the CH Eclipse $50 better than the

standard Saitek Pro Flight?

For the $50 difference in price, the Eclipse gives you more buttons, switches, and one more Hat Switch; the big feature you gain with the Eclipse are Rudder capabilities, via the 'paddles' mounted on the Yoke.

With both Saiteks, you'll need to add Rudder Pedals, or else use the Keyboard assignments.

I cannot speak about comparing the 'feel' between the Saiteks and the Eclipse, but I've used an Eclipse for 3 years +, and I'm very satisfied.

Hope this helps!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I would say check out VRInsight's Flight Master Yoke II if you are inclined to spend that much. I finally had to buy a new yoke recently after having the Saitek yoke for years. I have mixed feelings about VRI's yoke along the vertical axis but it isn't too bad at all. You can see my several reviews at the Pilot Shop about it...if you want to take a chance on buying one.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

• 2 months later...

After my CH standard yoke gave up after 5+ years of hard use (it's actually still going I just snapped the mixture lever), I bought a Saitek Cessna yoke and hated it (see here https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?290510-Which-yoke)

So I bought another CH yoke, this time the eclipse and I love it, so smooth, well made, whole host of customisation options and no détente :D

CH combatstick and rudder peddals is good had it for almost 17 yrs, 2 trim wheels on it, mind you old ones are anaolog. Takes up less space too.
Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Archived