FSX /P3D on iMac? anyone

Hi I have an iMac 21.5" 2.7-3.2ghz, 8gb ram, 1TB HDD, iris pro graphic 128mb.

Can I play fsx/P3D with bootcamp smoothly with a mid setting and a good payware aircraft e.g. PMDG 737NGX, Airbus X?

or I rather go with a high setting fs2004 instead?

thanks a lot :D

peterio,

It depends; if you're looking for all of the 'in' stuff... VFR flight using ORBX, PMDG 777, etc. then FSX/P3D is your choice, but you'll have to keep the Sliders tuned down due to your 128Mb Graphics Card.

If you want a smoother working FlightSim and aren't concerned with the 'latest and greatest', then by all means go with Nine.

If it's possible, think about upgrading your Graphics Card to something with at least 1 Gb of RAM; it will help to some degree with FSX/P3D and REALLY help with Nine.

I'm sure more will offer their suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

peterio,

It depends; if you're looking for all of the 'in' stuff... VFR flight using ORBX, PMDG 777, etc. then FSX/P3D is your choice, but you'll have to keep the Sliders tuned down due to your 128Mb Graphics Card.

If you want a smoother working FlightSim and aren't concerned with the 'latest and greatest', then by all means go with Nine.

If it's possible, think about upgrading your Graphics Card to something with at least 1 Gb of RAM; it will help to some degree with FSX/P3D and REALLY help with Nine.

I'm sure more will offer their suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for your reply Viperpilot2, Unfortunately an iMac cannot modified the graphic card, it was build as a whole pack of chipset but the ram and the hdd is upgradable.

Thanks a lot for your reply Viperpilot2, Unfortunately an iMac cannot modified the graphic card, it was build as a whole pack of chipset but the ram and the hdd is upgradable.

No worries. I didn't know if a Mac's Hardware, like the GPU, could be upgraded; it's the usual route to take, if the only Graphics suite is part of the Motherboard.

Whatever Sim you decide on... play around with the Sliders, Test, then adjust as necessary. If you go the FSX route, look on the Web for Kosta's FSX Tweaks Guide; it may provide some assistance to you.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived