I wanted to pose a question/idea about UT2 plane disappearing.

So I was thinking hard last night when this problem first occurred last month. I realized it was i switched to compatibility mode of win XP SP2. Would having programs w/i FSX on different compatible modes work together smoothly? Like i noticed my REX has whether at the airport, once u climb, it goes full clear. Both REX/UT2 are currently running WIN 8. I'm going to test and make all WIN SP2. Whatcha think? I'll report back soon.

Desmond,

ASUS G75VW w/ Win 8, i7-3630QM 2.4GHZ, 3.3GHZ overclock, 12GB 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M w/ 2GB DDR5 RAM, BLU-RAY/ DVD Burner, Full HD screen, FSX w/ World of AI Traffic

I have never seen compatibility mode fix or improve anything with FSX.

-Pv-

You must not have the joystick stop working after minimizing the game. On thing that u do in WIN 8 to help this is run FSX in compatibility. FSX wasnt meant 4 64 bit.

Desmond,

ASUS G75VW w/ Win 8, i7-3630QM 2.4GHZ, 3.3GHZ overclock, 12GB 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M w/ 2GB DDR5 RAM, BLU-RAY/ DVD Burner, Full HD screen, FSX w/ World of AI Traffic

You must not have the joystick stop working after minimizing the game. On thing that u do in WIN 8 to help this is run FSX in compatibility.

I never run the sim in any compatibility mode, I regularly minimize the sim and I have never had my joystick stop working running FSX in Win 8.1.

FSX wasnt meant 4 64 bit.

While it is true that FSX is a 32 bit program, FSX has no way of knowing if it is running in a 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

Windows 64 bit is very capable of running 32 bit programs, including FSX.

I run FSX in both Win 7 and Win 8.1 64 bit without any problems.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The Win XP compatability mode is meant to be used with older programs, sometimes refered to as being 'legacy' type. But even some 'recent' programs will not work right with Win7/Win8.

Then there is the 'hardware' aspect. Some older programs were not 'written' to address our modern memory (size, address,etc), or CPU features, or even some video card features, and thus the need for 'compatability' (ie: backwards compatability).

So if your program doesn't work, it's not JUST because (or EVEN IF) you are not running it in 'compatability' mode. That is bad logic. Better look elsewhere.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I never run the sim in any compatibility mode, I regularly minimize the sim and I have never had my joystick stop working running FSX in Win 8.1.

While it is true that FSX is a 32 bit program, FSX has no way of knowing if it is running in a 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

Windows 64 bit is very capable of running 32 bit programs, including FSX.

I run FSX in both Win 7 and Win 8.1 64 bit without any problems.

peace,

the Bean

consider yourself lucky. even microsoft says to run in compatible. cheers

Desmond,

Archived