B-777 not in aircraft listing, confused

Kdierken

Sometime back I downloaded "SkySpirit2012 Boeing 777-200ER (AA). As you can see by the first screenshot it is in the AC folder, but it is not in the AC aircraft list as you can see by the second screenshot. I just noticed it today as I use Flightaware to fly real planes & Airlines, on occasion I get to fly B-777. When I opened FS9 to enter in the plane it was not listed it should have been below the other SkySpirit 2010. I looked inside to see if I downloaded the folder correctly as sometimes the right plane is inside the other folder, it was ok I did notice not a space between SkySpirit 2010 vs SkySpirit 2012 in the first screenshot I tried that & still nothing. I am confused? Thanks for the help. :)

B777 AA.jpg

B777 AA not in list.jpg

The folder name has nothing to do with the aircraft listing in the "select aircraft" drop down menu.

Open the folder SkySpirit2012 Boeing777-200ER , and open the aircraft.cfg file within it. Look at the fltsim.x entries for your aircraft and the relevant line is what follows after :

ui_manufacturer=

if it reads "Boeing" for example, then your aircraft will be found under the Boeing listing.

You'll need to check the Aircraft.cfg, and look at the following lines:

ui_manufacturer=

ui_type=

ui_variation=

description=

These are the lines that determine how the Airplane is described in the 'Select Aircraft' screen. For example, here are the entries from my copy of the SkySpirit 2013 B777-9X:

ui_manufacturer=Skyspirit2013

ui_type=777-900X

ui_variation=Boeing Launch Colors

visual_damage=1

description=SkySprit 2013 Boeing 777-9X Paris2013 model.

If you want, you can change the entry to reflect the other SkySpirit airplanes in your Hangar by changing the ui_manufacturer entry.

Hope this helps!

:pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you both for your input, I looked at it from both of your explanation, and it still does not work. The UI say's Boeing, looked there and it is not there. I just downloaded the same B-777-300ER from the the same sources and it worked. They both say UI Boeing. The difference is B-777-300ER vs B-777-200ER. The file in question is skyspirit2012_boeing_777-200_american_airlines.zip. Maybe you can see something I can't. I have downloaded many planes but this one has me stumped. Thanks again. Kenny

It's not only important to look for what should be in the aircraft.cfg file, it's equally important to look for what shouldn't be in there. I just d/l a similar plane, (767) and had the same problem. The problem was this: the line, model= was model=GE. I got rid of the GE and it then worked fine.

The file in question is skyspirit2012_boeing_777-200_american_airlines.zip. Maybe you can see something I can't.

1.There is no .air file for the aircraft in that download.

2. The fltsim.0 entry refers to a model folder which should be called "model.RR". There is no such folder in the download

3. Dito with the sound entry.

I don't use posky or skyspirit so can't help further, but as it is that download will never work.

I did look inside the folder for the air, it is not there so I tried to go to skyspirit website to see if there is an email for someone to answer back. I hope I found a good one just in case they did not realize it before uploading it to Flightsim website. All I can do is sit back and wait I hope. As I really like that plane. What a shame as it has all the little candy stuff, not bad for freeware. Thanks again Kenny

Thanks so far for helping me out, I am still having issues with getting this A/C in my list. I followed the last posting by adding the B-777-200ER air & RR CFG file that was not there originally. I have looked in the Boeing list, POSKY list, Open Sky list, it still is not there I have never had such an issue like this in the past, I have copied the A/C into the listing and it appeared even from SkySpirit2010 as you can see in my first screen print above. everything is in tack to making this work. I will try any other suggestions that come up. Thanks Kenny

You might get a 'similar' air file, but the air file NAME must match. Check that the line 'sim=B-777-200ER'. So open cfg and change the NAME (must be EXACT spelling including any punctuation (ie; '-') included). You can change 'ui_manufactuer=xxx' to what ever you want. Also the model name must match. You can get away without a panel (unlike FSX which is: 'no panel-no model loaded'). Open every folder (model, panel and sound) and open the cfg to check for 'alias=xxx' statement and verify you have 'xxx' in your aircraft folder. I you don't then rename folder to 'panel.org' or 'sound.org' and copy/paste panel or sound from another plane.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

What do you mean "RR CFG" file? There is no such thing. If you now have a missing .air file, there is only one easy step left, when you look in the aircraft.cfg file is there "RR" after "model="? If there is, and I believe it is in fact there, just simply remove the letters RR.

Thanks so far for helping me out, I am still having issues with getting this A/C in my list. I followed the last posting by adding the B-777-200ER air & RR CFG file that was not there originally. I have looked in the Boeing list, POSKY list, Open Sky list, it still is not there I have never had such an issue like this in the past, I have copied the A/C into the listing and it appeared even from SkySpirit2010 as you can see in my first screen print above. everything is in tack to making this work. I will try any other suggestions that come up. Thanks Kenny

Reading this I am getting confused as to what you are doing. None of the cfg files in that download I referred to have a B-777-200ER air file neither is there a RR cfg file.

You already have a cfg file with the AA download. Missing is the air file of which there are two RR variants to choose from in that Posky FDE download. You choose one and copy it to your AA 777 folder. Then to match the AA cfg file you rename the air file to Boeing 777-200ER.air which matches the sim line in the original SkySpirit cfg file. The 'plane should then be visible in the selection menu.

Thanks Mr. Zippy, I usually do the ones with the gold check mark. Usually SkySpirit A/C has the gold check mark, did not not notice this one did not what a bummer I wish it did as I like the B-777-200ER with the new American markings.

Archived