Repaint SINS

shackman

I'm new to this. So forgive my OCD when I tell you that I like my planes to match the real aircraft they represent.

So I loathe it when people who provide repaints ignore this and give aircraft incorrect - or even ni=on existant Reg IDs.

I was checking out an EasyJet 727 I got fro ???who knows where. Wonderful repaint.

Only thing is the reg id on it is actuially from an EasyJet a320.

So, if any repainters are reading this, can you explain this kind of thing.

And be warned, I'm rapidly learning the art of repainting.:p

I'm not into researching every single Reg ID, but OTOH get horrified by the fact numerous (quite respected) payware developers consistently put non-existent call signs in their default aircraft.cfgs.

So, to the guys who compose the files at Captain Sim, Just Flight, Virtualcol... (amongst others) :

atc_airline = Delta Airlines

atc_airline = British Airways

atc_airline = SAS

are NOT valid call signs.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I'm not into researching every single Reg ID, but OTOH get horrified by the fact numerous (quite respected) payware developers consistently put non-existent call signs in their default aircraft.cfgs.

So, to the guys who compose the files at Captain Sim, Just Flight, Virtualcol... (amongst others) :

atc_airline = SAS

Wim

As I said, I'm probably being OCD about it.

And YES to the call signs. I hadn't even NOTICED THAT!

I guess if it bothers you that much you could always ask for your money back.

Or learn how to fix it yourself.

RE: the EasyJet, did they ever fly 727s? If they did, maybe they flew one that had that reg # for a while. Airlines recycle reg#s occasionally.

If not, at least the painter used an actual EasyJet reg #.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

My brothers and sisters! Repaint your SINS and be saved!

Sorry, I had to do it...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

atc_airline = SAS

Wim

Stuff like this is why every forum should have a ::headdesk:: emote!

Headdesk.gif

It's bad enough that the respected addon developers put "Delta Airlines" instead of "Delta," as though they don't even know what that field is actually used for by the sim, but what about all the callsigns that don't even match any part of the airline name?

Cactus, Citrus, Critter, Brickyard, Connie, Speedbird.... the list is long and distinguished. There's even a web page detailing many of them that use LAX!

How blankitty-blank hard would it be for someone who has spent hours, days and weeks creating addon aircraft and/or stunning repaints with their own unique aircraft.cfg snippets to take 10 seconds to look up the actual callsign?

*pops a high five to f16jockey_2 and wanders off*

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

They probably do it out of ignorance, but is it possible they do some of these things for legal reasons?

I can't imagine any legal benefit to falsely asserting that the ATC callsign of an airline's flights is "Delta Airlines" instead of correctly stating that it is "Delta."

How hard would it be for someone who has spent hours, days and weeks creating addon aircraft and/or stunning repaints with their own unique aircraft.cfg snippets to take 10 seconds to look up the actual callsign?

Maybe they are so busy perfecting their painting skills so they can give you those fantastic repaint, for free, that they do not have the time to learn the difference between Delta and Delta Airlines.

Do you know everything there is to know about the sim?

How many files do you have in the library?

I feel like that guy banging his head on the desk every time I see someone complain about something that someone worked hard on for days, weeks, months and gave them for free.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Maybe they are so busy perfecting their painting skills so they can give you those fantastic repaint, for free, that they do not have the time to learn the difference between Delta and Delta Airlines.

Do you know everything there is to know about the sim?

How many files do you have in the library?

I feel like that guy banging his head on the desk every time I see someone complain about something that someone worked hard on for days, weeks, months and gave them for free.

peace,

the Bean

Bean, with all due respect, Captain Sim and the other payware products singled out in the OP, are not free, nor are all repaints.

I apologize for somehow unwittingly and inadvertently triggering your derisive side, but I don't feel that what I said merited derision.

Whoa guys. Didn't mean to start a brawl.

I guess if it bothers you that much you could always ask for your money back.

Or learn how to fix it yourself.

Unecessary comment. I already said that in the few weeks I've had software, I've learned .cfg editing and I'm now repainting expertly too.

As someone else said: if these guys spend hours and hours to make realistic repaints, they might spend a few moments on the net get the reg IDs and the call signs right. But hey, maybe they just like colouring books. Maybe they can't even read.???

HAPPY!!!!!

if these guys spend hours and hours to make realistic repaints, they might spend a few moments on the net get the reg IDs and the call signs right.

If they did that, you would not have a repaint for an EasyJet B727, as they never flew a 2-7.

Never argue with idiots.

Now (are you still with me) my point is: if the guys who did repaitns tooki a little time to check these things, they wouldn't nhave waste MY time checking it out.

We simply don't care about you wasting YOUR time. Nor do we much care about your attitude either.

I've done several repaints of my own. Most of them were of specific aircraft, but I occasionally do a paint of my own creation. When I do this, I don't go researching to see if there is a real world aircraft that looks like it, and use that registration number. The repaints I do of real world aircraft I try to make as perfect as possible, but I know I have forgotten to edit the aircraft.cfg to make it perfect a time or two. If I were doing airliners, I probably wouldn't research it enough to put a real world registration number on it unless I were trying to paint a particular aircraft. If I were to share this repaint I would make sure in the instal instructions it would mention that it was a fictional repaint. I usually do a paint of a particular scheme though, not a particular registered aircraft, so I make up my own registration number. Not everyone is interested in a particular real world aircraft, just how it is painted, so the accuracy of the registration number is not important. Many payware developers do this as well.

Intel I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Nvidia GTX970, Realtek surround sound, 5TB WD Black SATA Drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Disturbed a stagnant pond, did I. I asked a civil question in a civil manner and I have had a mouthful from one of your long-standing members.

MY attitude only gets pointed when someone else is deliberately perverse in their response.

When you grow up you may be able to take part in a civilised discussion with adults. Until then....

When you grow up you may be able to take part in a civilised discussion with adults. Until then....

Perhaps if you tried asnwering folks questions instyead of making personal attacks, it would BE a discussion. Useless.

Archived