FSX crashes immediately after MP sign in?!

DauphDaddy

Ok, so I purchased FSX through steam yesterday. I was able to play a single-player mission but when I tried multi-player I froze right after sign-in. Can someone please help I really want to play multiplayer and this seems like wayyyy too much issues to have after freshly purchasing the game.

System Specifications:

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4Ghz

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB)

2X 2GB Asus GTX 770 in SLI

Software Environment:

Windows 7 Home Premium

64-bit

Drivers are up to date. No addons with FSX.

What I have tried to fix it (more or less in order):

Uninstalled Mcafee

Turned off Windows firewall

System restart

Changed Nvidia Control Panel (Manage 3D settings) Global Settings, Power Management Mode from adaptive to prefer maximum performance.

uiautomatedcore.dll swap (found the vista version and deleted the old one and swapped it with new one).

Ran in compatibility mode for Vista and XP on seperate occasions

tried to use http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html (the tool said that the file isn't compatible)

Tried re-installing at least twice

Swapped the System32 uiautomated.dll and some other uiautomated.dll (My IT buddy was in TeamViewer to do this. He had to get into CMD to get permissions and what not)

Tried editing FSX.CFG file (I can't remember the lines exactly. He added 2 lines. The top line was bracketed [ ] and the second line had a variable that he changed from 86 to 4 to 99)

We found that when we signed in the multiplayer the application would bump the CPU% in Taskmanager to 99% before it crashed. Every single thing above had the exact same result. The only thing that changed is if 2servers would load before crash or 14.

Here is the Event Veiwer logs:

Event Viewer Error: Source: Application Hang

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62608.0, time stamp: 0x54abe5b4

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00038e19

Faulting process id: 0x1770

Faulting application start time: 0x01d06ce4bdb8a98a

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll Report Id: 17c60cc0-d8d8-11e4-b95c-d43d7edef4f1

I redownloaded the game and now the FSX.CFG file tool works:

You are running with frame rates set to unlimited, great! but MAKE SURE you use the 'external' frame rate limiter set to 'exactly' 20 FPS for optimal results. You can download it here

Your current Affinitymask does not match your hardware characteristics, removing.

You don't have a BufferPools section!, adding optimized settings.

HIGHMEMFIX was added to your config!

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 has been added to make FSX Shader 3 compatible

Aircraft shadows removed for performance. Use Conservative to prevent this change.

Your FIBER_FRAMETIME_FRACTION was set to 0.1! If you don't like this change use Conservative mode. Your TextureMaxLoad and SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT values will help prevent blurries.

Setting TextureMaxLoad to 30 for faster texture loading!

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT has been added to your configuration to prevent blurries.

Your Water resolution have been adjusted to prevent white texture flashes.

SmallPartRejectRadius have been added to your config for performance

Removing overlay tips to avoid graphics corruption.

Your TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is being COMPLETELY ignored under your actual configuration, you can very well forget about it.

You are using a non standard Texture Size! we'll skip this option and leave it unchanged.

MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 card.

Archived