Camera Definitions Font Size and Display Time

familton

Is there any way to make the font size larger, or the display time longer, for the Camera Definitions. My old eyes have trouble viewing them. Sometimes there are instructions to follow when a Camera Definitions are displayed and the display time is too short to read them. Thanks, Bob.

Bob

Very recently I went from 4x3 aspect ratio monitor to a 16x9 widescreen monitor.

Initially I ran it at 2560x1440 resolution , that resulted in all that on screen text being

very tiny and difficult to read fast on the go.

I reduced the resolution and as a result the Text is now nice and large , it makes reading the text a faster operation.

As to increasing the length of time that the text displays for , I have no ideas .

Cheers

Karol

PS;

I really miss my old 4x3 monitor , I much prefer flying in the older aspect ratio.

Just had a quick look at my 'aircraft cfg'.

[CAMERADEFINITION.7]

TITLE = "PORT ABEAM"

GUID = {275BDBF0-F129-44DF-AA5D-F03D2504AE4E}

DESCRIPTION = LOOKING AT COCKPIT FROM LEFT PILOTS SIDE

ORIGIN = CENTER

SNAPPBHADJUST = SWIVEL

SNAPPBHRETURN = FALSE

PANPBHADJUST = SWIVEL

PANPBHRETURN = FALSE

TRACK = NONE

SHOWAXIS = FALSE

ALLOWZOOM = TRUE

INITIALZOOM = 1.0

SHOWWEATHER = YES

INITIALXYZ = -29.0, -0.25, 8.0

INITIALPBH = 1, 0, 97

XYZADJUST = TRUE

CATEGORY=AIRCRAFT

MOMENTUMEFFECT=TRUE

CLIPMODE=MINIMUM

Not sure about the last entry " CLIPMODE=MINIMUM" I've never experimented with that one , but being MINIMUM tends to imply MEDIUM and MAXIMUM.

You could try temporarily replacing MINIMUM with MAXIMUM and see what effect that has on text size.

Personally I doubt that that parameter will have an effect on text size , but it would be interesting to see what CLIPMODE does !

Another option is to change 'TITLE =' text to better suit your needs

Cheers

Karol

Hi Karol. OK Thanks. I don't want to loose the resolution. I got an answer on another Forum that I can change the time of the display. You have to go into the Display section of the fsx.cfg and make the time longer. The default is ChangeTime=4.000000. I made mine 6.000000 and it helps a lot. Regards, Bob.

Archived