FSX to FSX acceleration

After getting all excited purchasing the MILVIZ F15E this week I've hit a stumbling block. On the first couple of quick flights i noticed when i was at 100% and should be in 'burner' I was getting no afterburner plumes from either of the two exhausts nozzles. I popped over to the milvix four, and noticed they state 'requires' FSX acceleration.

My rig is loaded with FSX SP2 (not acceleration). It seems i will be lacking some attributes/effects, for the F15E without it. Afterburner plumes being one.

I purchased from FS pilot shop and checking back they don't sate FSX acceleration is needed, just FSX!

So obviously I'm very disappointed and a little annoyed it be said

I will contact both Milviz and FS pilot shop about these issues but I'm guessing there's not a lot they can do without suggesting too me to purchase and instal FSX acceleration.

My point and question is - I have about a whole days worth of installation on the current set up of FSX, orbx add on, many payware aircraft all patched etc. . and have it running really smooth as it is. So last thing i want to do is bugger that instal up.

If i was to consider spending more cash just to get the F15E to run correctly, that is to purchase and instal 'acceleration' will it 'patch my ' current instal and not cause any conflicts / problems or will it overwrite my instal and cause me having to re install everything all over again. Which is certainly not what have any plan to do now!

If it is the latter, being the complete reinstall, ill be looking for refund from FS pilot shop as they in no way highlight acceleration is required.

cheers boys n girls for any advice you can offer in advance

Hi Cap,

I don't think that Acceleration is likely to cause any problems with your current installation. So many addons require it to take full advantage of their features I'm surprised this hasn't been a problem for you before.

As unpalatable as it's likely to seem to you, FSX:SE is probably the best option.

Jim F.

I totally feel your pain with this one bro.... I have bought aircraft before and they require Acceleration, which is a bunch of ... they can't make it for ALL FSX users.... The IRIS A-10A being one of them, I bought that plane and it would not stay airborne, so I went to their site to figure out why and found out I needed Acceleration for it to work right....40 bucks, out the window. I now pay VERY close attention to what I buy and make sure that it is compatible with SP2. Metal2Mesh, Virtavia, VRS and Aerosoft do not require Acceleration for their military jets, so I would stick with them if you can.... maybe one day these other companies will get a clue, or, maybe not....

i5 4670k 3.4Ghz -- Gigabyte Z97X-SLI MB -- Windows 7 64bit

8G 1866 G.Skill Sniper -- Radeon HD5870

Get a clue....Sorry but it doesn't work that way. Acceleration is required because it has certain things that SP2 doesn't have. The amount of effort required in order to support SP2 for these isn't worth while, especially with some of the newer technologies coming out.

Current Setup: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz/ 2GB DDR2/ NVIDEA MSI N220GT 1GB

Future Setup: AMD Phenom II X6 Black 3.2 Ghz/ 6GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz/NVIDEA MSI N220GT 1GB

thanks guys for all your help here…

doing some basic tests last night with the milvix f15e running on Sp2 found it to be wanting in the flight dynamics. Well I hope its is due to not running Accel pack.

The aircraft handles like a camel with flappy wings in Sp2. Although the F15 has gone by the nickname of the Tennis court due to its wing area have to say it flies like one in the model too.

rotate at 160knots and it is wobbling like jelly, almost stalling. Full100% throttle and I'm just about getting to 300knots in about 20 seconds….keeping it level or the alarms start sounding. Don't even attempt a vertical immelman as Ill be falling out of the sky at the top! Corner speed of the F15e clean is around 450knots and at that rate should be getting initial 26degrees per sec rate of turn then at full throttle easily hold a sustained 7g turn at 21degrees per sec ! from sea level to 8,000ft.

At present lucky to get 180 degree turn before I'm reaching 200knots and again wobbling all over the place.

So , fingers crossed its due to flight dynamics with sp2 and not accel. pack. if it is like this in accel. then someone got the numbers very wrong, but lets hope not.

Just to clarify i purchased from my main porthole of the fs pilot shop. Ive spent many hundreds of pounds there by now and never had an issue. I can only shout their praises in good light. But on this occasion there sales page did just say FSX required (not fsx acceleration required) and no where does it highlight that in the specs or even reviews I've checked and screen grabbed the evidence etc. So a shame that I've been sold a pup if i don't get accel pack.

Ive just awaiting to join the milvix forum ( bit long winded process but hey ho) ill post there too with some questions and also report back here.

In some ways I'm hoping the Flights dynamics are due to not having accel pack! though looking around for acceleration pack to purchase? £78 boxed from Amazon!! anyone know where i can purchase the pack at a reasonable price. Though I'm still reluctant to screw up my instal of fsx.

Only this software has been an issue. I have the milvix sabre and no issue whatsoever.

It may be a case i seek a refund from FS pilot shop and perhaps look at the aerosoft F16 instead for my military mach loop fix?

again thanks for the info guys

"Acceleration is required because it has certain things that SP2 doesn't have. The amount of effort required in order to support SP2 for these isn't worth while, especially with some of the newer technologies coming out."

I have 28 payware aircraft. Ants planes, A2a, Carenado, Milviz, Aerosoft. Run Orbx vector, global plus regions england, wales, scotland, papa new guinea. several orbx airfields. run Air hauler, EZdoc, A2A Accufeel, ACG airfield. Thrustmaster Hotas, & MFD's, Saitek flight panels, radio, autopilot and switch panel. Saitek throttle quadrant. Track Ir.

Ive never had any previous issue whatsoever with running SP2.

As I say I've purchased in good faith but. . hey ho. . lesson learned

So i hava to disagree with Naruto Kun on his point.

Apologies if I came across as a lil harsh.

That said, not all Milviz addons use acceleration features. Its only the fast military jets. The GA/tube stuff doesn't require acceleration and therefore will work on SP2.

Current Setup: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz/ 2GB DDR2/ NVIDEA MSI N220GT 1GB

Future Setup: AMD Phenom II X6 Black 3.2 Ghz/ 6GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz/NVIDEA MSI N220GT 1GB

Here is a list of new features that are only available with the Acceleration update installed:

[TABLE="class: T1"][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]NOSEWHEEL LOCK ON[/color]
[/TD][TD]True if the nosewheel lock is engaged.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD="width: 81"]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]AUTOPILOT PITCH HOLD[/color]
[/TD][TD]Set to True if the autopilot pitch hold has is engaged.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]STRUCT AMBIENT WIND[/color]
[/TD][TD]X (latitude), Y (vertical) and Z (longitude) components of the wind.
[/TD][TD]Feet_per_second
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]COLLECTIVE POSITION[/color]
[/TD][TD]The position of the helicopter's collective. 0 is fully up, 100 fully 
depressed.
[/TD][TD]Percent_over_100
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]FUEL DUMP SWITCH[/color]
[/TD][TD]If true the aircraft is dumping fuel at the rate set in the configuration 
file.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]TURB ENG AFTERBURNER STAGE ACTIVE[/color]
[/TD][TD]The stage of the afterburner, or 0 if the afterburner is not active.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]TURB ENG AFTERBURNER PCT ACTIVE[/color]
[/TD][TD]The percentage that the afterburner is running at.
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]FOLDING WING HANDLE 
POSITION[/color]
[/TD][TD]True if the folding wing handle is engaged.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][b]Catapult Launches[/b]

[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]LAUNCHBAR POSITION[/color]
[/TD][TD]Installed on aircraft before take off from a carrier catapult. Note that 
gear cannot retract with this extended. 100 = fully extended
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]LAUNCHBAR SWITCH[/color]
[/TD][TD]If this is set to True the launch bar switch has been engaged.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]LAUNCHBAR HELD EXTENDED[/color]
[/TD][TD]This will be True if the launchbar is fully extended, and can be used, for 
example, to change the color of an instrument light.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]NUMBER OF CATAPULTS[/color]
[/TD][TD]Maximum of 4. A model can contain more than 4 catapults, but only the first 
four will be read and recognized by the simulation.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]CATAPULT STROKE POSITION:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Catapults are indexed from 1. This value will be 0 before the catapult 
fires, and then up to 100 as the aircraft is propelled down the catapult. The 
aircraft may take off before the value reaches 100 (depending on the aircraft 
weight, power applied, and other factors), in which case this value will not be 
further updated. This value could be used to drive a bogie animation.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]HOLDBACK BAR INSTALLED[/color]
[/TD][TD]Holdback bars allow build up of thrust before take off from a catapult, and 
are installed by the deck crew of an aircraft carrier.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]BLAST SHIELD POSITION:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1, 100 is fully deployed, 0 flat on deck
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]CABLE CAUGHT BY TAILHOOK[/color]
[/TD][TD]A number 1 through 4 for the cable number caught by the tailhook. Cable 1 is 
the one closest to the stern of the carrier. A value of 0 indicates no cable was 
caught.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]TAILHOOK HANDLE[/color]
[/TD][TD]True if the tailhook handle is engaged.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]SURFACE RELATIVE GROUND 
SPEED[/color]
[/TD][TD]The speed of the aircraft relative to the speed of the first surface 
directly underneath it. Use this to retrieve, for example, an aircraft's taxiing 
speed while it is moving on a moving carrier. It also applies to airborne 
aircraft, for example when a helicopter is successfully hovering above a moving 
ship, this value should be zero. The returned value will be the same as GROUND 
VELOCITY if the first surface beneath it is not moving.
[/TD][TD]Feet_per_second
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][b]Racing[/b]

[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG DETONATING:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. Set to True if the engine is detonating.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG CYLINDER HEALTH:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Index high 16 bits is engine number, low 16 cylinder number, both indexed 
from 1.
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG NUM CYLINDERS[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. The number of engine cylinders.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG NUM CYLINDERS FAILED[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. The number of cylinders that have failed.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="width: 443"][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG ANTIDETONATION TANK 
VALVE:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1, each engine can have one antidetonation tank. Installed on 
racing aircraft.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]Y
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG ANTIDETONATION TANK 
QUANTITY:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. Refer to the [url="mk:@MSITStore:C:\DATA\FSX_SDK\SDK\fsxsdk.chm::/core/src/sdk/DocSource/Mission%20Creation%20Kit/Mission%20Creation.html"]Mission Creation 
documentation [/url]for the procedure for refilling tanks.
[/TD][TD]Gallons
[/TD][TD]Y
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG ANTIDETONATION TANK MAX 
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. This value set in the [url="mk:@MSITStore:C:\DATA\FSX_SDK\SDK\fsxsdk.chm::/core/src/sdk/DocSource/SimObject%20Creation%20Kit/SimObject%20Container%20SDK/Aircraft%20Configuration%20Files.htm"]Aircraft 
Configuration File.[/url]
[/TD][TD]Gallons
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG NITROUS TANK VALVE:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. Each engine can have one Nitrous fuel tank installed.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]Y
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG NITROUS TANK 
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. Refer to the [url="mk:@MSITStore:C:\DATA\FSX_SDK\SDK\fsxsdk.chm::/core/src/sdk/DocSource/Mission%20Creation%20Kit/Mission%20Creation.html"]Mission Creation 
documentation [/url]for the procedure for refilling tanks.
[/TD][TD]Gallons
[/TD][TD]Y
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]RECIP ENG NITROUS TANK MAX 
[/TD][TD]Indexed from 1. This value set in the [url="mk:@MSITStore:C:\DATA\FSX_SDK\SDK\fsxsdk.chm::/core/src/sdk/DocSource/SimObject%20Creation%20Kit/SimObject%20Container%20SDK/Aircraft%20Configuration%20Files.htm"]Aircraft 
[/TD][TD]Gallons
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][b]Slings and Hoists[/b]

[/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]NUM SLING CABLES[/color]
[/TD][TD]The number of sling cables (not hoists) that are configured for the 
aircraft.
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]PAYLOAD STATION OBJECT:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]Places the named object at the payload station identified by the index 
(starting from 1). The string is the Container name (refer to the title property 
of [url="mk:@MSITStore:C:\DATA\FSX_SDK\SDK\fsxsdk.chm::/core/src/sdk/DocSource/SimObject%20Creation%20Kit/SimObject%20Container%20SDK/Simulation%20Object%20Configuration%20Files.htm"]Simulation 
Object Configuration Files[/url]).
[/TD][TD]String
[/TD][TD]Y- set only
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]PAYLOAD STATION NUM SIMOBJECTS:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]The number of objects at the payload station (indexed from 1).
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]SLING OBJECT ATTACHED:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]If units are set as boolean, returns True if a sling object is attached. If 
units are set as a string, returns the container title of the object.

There can be multiple sling positions, indexed from 1. The sling positions 
are set in the [url="mk:@MSITStore:C:\DATA\FSX_SDK\SDK\fsxsdk.chm::/core/src/sdk/DocSource/SimObject%20Creation%20Kit/SimObject%20Container%20SDK/Aircraft%20Configuration%20Files.htm"]Aircraft 
[/TD][TD]Bool/String
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]SLING CABLE BROKEN:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]True if the cable is broken.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]SLING CABLE EXTENDED LENGTH:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]The length of the cable extending from the aircraft.
[/TD][TD]Feet
[/TD][TD]Y
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]SLING ACTIVE PAYLOAD STATION:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]The payload station (identified by the parameter) where objects will be 
placed from the sling (identified by the index).
[/TD][TD]Number
[/TD][TD]Y
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]SLING HOIST PERCENT DEPLOYED:index[/color]
[/TD][TD]The percentage of the full length of the sling cable deployed.
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD][color=#ff0000]SLING HOOK IN PICKUP MODE:index[/color]

[/TD][TD]A Boolean for whether or not the hook is in pickup mode, so capable of 
picking up another object.
[/TD][TD]Bool
[/TD][TD]N
[/TD][TD]-
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Thanks for that list Bill. I've often wondered about which features Acceleration added.

_ _... ..._ _ Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Captain Vodka..... It has been years since I installed Acceleration so I got out my copy of it to see how it was installed. Acceleration is not a separate edition of FSX, it is an expansion pack. I understand your not wanting to reinstall everything, but it looks like you can just install Acceleration on top of FSX and all your add-ons. It simply adds some updates to your FSX. Adding Acceleration should be as simple as adding another plane or scenery. The Gold edition of FSX included Acceleration with it. You should see if anyone is still selling the Acceleration expansion pack separately.

In addition to the features and three aircraft that Acceleration adds, many forget about the 349 scenery/mission objects added. Many freeware scenery developers use these objects in their releases and if you don't have Acceleration these objects will be missing.
Mike Mann

Quick question regarding installing Acceleration: I began the installation on top of SP2 and the install.exe requested that I use control panel to "uninstall FSX SP2" (700mb worth of info)What effect will this have on existing addons, scenery, aircraft, modified .cfgs. Will they have to be reinstalled, or what??

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

It will have no affect on addon files, doesn't even know they are there.

Any default files that you have modified may be overwritten, such as aircraft.cfg files.

You want to back them up first.

If you have any addons that have their own setup tools, revert them back to default first.

I do not know about SP2, however in my Accel install there is a folder, ...\FSX\Setup\XPackCache that holds all of the files that were modified by the Acceleration install. See if you have that folder.

It is not a bad idea to backup everything in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quick question regarding installing Acceleration: I began the installation on top of SP2 and the install.exe requested that I use control panel to "uninstall FSX SP2" (700mb worth of info)What effect will this have on existing addons, scenery, aircraft, modified .cfgs. Will they have to be reinstalled, or what??

Never install over SP2, the instructions clearly state that. Simply go to ADD/REMOVE in Control Panel, scroll down to FSX SP2 and uninstall. It will only uninstall the SP not your entire FSX program. Then open FSX once, close it, and install Acell.

Never install over SP2, the instructions clearly state that. Simply go to ADD/REMOVE in Control Panel, scroll down to FSX SP2 and uninstall. It will only uninstall the SP not your entire FSX program. Then open FSX once, close it, and install Acell.

I took a deep breath and uninstalled SP-2 from Control Panel..restarted FSX per PPSFA, installed Acceleration (seemingly forever) then it asked for product key, typed in the one sticker inside the cd case and installation told me it was invalid.

This story goes for six hours, but I won't bore you with the details. While looking through the "manuals" supplied in the cd case browsing for MS tech support phone number, what drops out of a quick reference guide?? Another product key sticker.

Inserted that number and ..boom... everything works like a champ. And yes, a couple of a/c configs were modified, but nothing major. All of my 200+ addon aircraft are there and work.

Thank you, Flightsim forum..you guys rock..

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

thanks again guys for the extremely usefull info here. . further issues have occured with alt-tab from screen within fsx tro view other progs, REX EZdoc etc. . basically screen goes black unless im in window mode.

so looks like this milviz f15e does cause further issues than just reduced flight dynamics etc.

ill have to remake a new CFG file and hope that kills the problem.

In full screen mode Windows prevents other screens being drawn on the full screen.

They are "black" but that does not prevent one from undocking sub-panels and moving them to the second or third monitor. What it does prevent is any external program from using those screens unfortunately.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

... with alt-tab from screen within fsx to view other progs, REX EZdoc etc. . basically screen goes black unless I'm in window mode.

So first switch to Windowed Mode to see other programs, Alt+Enter.

This is the way FSX was designed to work.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

They are "black" but that does not prevent one from undocking sub-panels and moving them to the second or third monitor. .

Actually, in full screen, you can drag sub panels directly to another monitor, no need to undock, just fyi

Microsoft explains that the DirectX Desktop Window Manager (DWM) in Vista and later changed the way applications display pixels on the screen. Individual windows no longer draw directly to the screen or primary display device. Instead, their drawing is redirected to off-screen surfaces in video memory, which are then rendered into a desktop image and presented on the display. When in fullscreen mode DWM is disabled.

Switching to and from Windows screen and full screen takes a visible time on my pc.

just to clarify my screen issue. when trying to go into windows mode and then see the ezdoc panel on another screen , when i wanted to go back into the full screen mode of the main in screen. alt-enter etc i was only getting a blank screen on the main screen but with sound of the jet. So there is an issue within the f15e software in this case. The same thing happened when you called up the tgp window of the f15e.

What i did was to remove the Milviz f15e from my fsx instal and . . . and. . . not install it.

I have since ordered a disc version of accel pack from amazon , 2nd hand at around £30! fingers crossed it comes with key serial code correctly and not an issue as i don't have my sx instal on c: /programs etc but on a SSD (G:)running fsx only

I chose not to get the FSX SE edition as I want to use my add ons without any issues as I have done for the last year.

once I recieve my accel disc hopefully this week. ill uninstall Sp2 and instal accel pack fingers crossed the f15e will then work.

Have learnt not too read only the 3rd party sellers web site specs for the software i.e. just flight fs pilot shop etc but go to each of the actually software house and check prior. in this case milvix.

SIT REP

acceleration disc arrived, back up fsx instal. uninstalled SP2 via ctrl pprgs.

inserted disc. .all installed ok. inserted serial code key. all ok

and. . .

WOO HOOO !!! HAPPY DAYS !!

all running smooth as a silk purse!

many many thanks chaps!

happy bunny here

Archived