FlightSim Forum Responding Sluggishly or Not At All

HoggyDog

Is anyone else having these issues with this forum or is it just me?

For the past week or so, after pressing submit/save on new/edited posts, the system hangs with the message "waiting for flightsim.com." I have personally observed this "hang" state persisting unchanged for as long as 3 hours.

*Sometimes, it eventually completes in 1-10 minutes and displays the new post as it should.

*Sometimes, it eventually completes but drops to a white screen, requiring that I relaunch FlightSim.com in my browser. When this happens, and I get back to flightsim.com, I find the new post there as it should be.

*Sometimes, it does NOT complete but eventually drops to an error screen that says DATABASE ERROR. In these cases, the new post was not saved at all and I have to completely re-do it, or forget about it.

*Sometimes it hangs indefinitely. Last night I left it "waiting for flightsim.com" for 3 hours, no change in all that time.

FlightSimForumHang.png

*About one time in ten :mad: it completes more-or-less instantly without hanging at all and displays the new post.

Anybody have any idea what is going on? This just started recently.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Hi mod,

I use IE. when i clicked 'post' a few hours back, the page took longer to load. Not much, still within a minute the spinning circle stopped. But the page that appeared was blank, as in white, nothing on it.

I clicked reload and saw a message pop up saying: "a similar (may have said identical) message has been posted within the last 5 minutes" and then something like: 'do you whish to continue' OK or CANCEL. In the normal flightsim font. Looked official.

I clicked Ok and the thread reappeared. My post at the top as it should be. And only once, it did not post double.

This same thing happened once or twice before in the last week or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi mod,

I use IE. when i clicked 'post' a few hours back, the page took longer to load. Not much, still within a minute the spinning circle stopped. But the page that appeared was blank, as in white, nothing on it.

I clicked reload and saw a message pop up saying: "a similar (may have said identical) message has been posted within the last 5 minutes" and then something like: 'do you whish to continue' OK or CANCEL. In the normal flightsim font. Looked official.

I clicked Ok and the thread reappeared. My post at the top as it should be. And only once, it did not post double.

This same thing happened once or twice before in the last week or so.

that happens to me quite often

"Reply to thread" is acting weird for me... I click "post quick reply" and I get the message "You sure you want to leave this page?" when I say yes, it takes me to my response still in the reply box, and when I click on that post reply, it says "Duplicate post" blah blah..
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Archived