Adding Military AI aircraft

I just purchased the rather sexy Milviz F15E strike Eagle.. just with 5minutes last night look superb. I would very much like to fly my eagle in a military environment around an airfield. Ie lakenheath with lots of F15 and perhaps visiting a10's taking off and landing circuits perhaps ?

I currently have orbyx England, Wales & Scotland installed with Just Flights Traffic 360.

The traffic 360 does include some military aircraft but dent include F15's. Stumbled across MAIW

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/index.html

and saw a wonderful range of add on AI aircraft.

Firstly, does anyone know a link to a Lakenheath airbase as the Orbyx isn't one of the best in the england package, bait generic with the buildings.

Secondly , am I able to ad MAIW aircraft and run traffic 360 too or perhaps the two might conflict with each other?

or perhaps there is an alternative airbase download with added f15 performing air ops and static models. Seymor johnson, Langley..mountain home etc?

Guess you get my drift.

Hi,

Although the MAIW stuff is intended for FS2004 it works well in FSX with a bit of conversion. For example, all the traffic files will need to be converted to run in FSX - just adding a 2004 version will kill ALL FSX AI traffic and there are certain file types associated with the scenery that are not need in FSX and may cause problems if installed. Go to http://www.owlsnest.eu/index.php to find a great guide on how to install MAIW (and indeed any FS2004 scenery/flightplans) into FSX. The site also offers alternative links to MAIW products, some fixes to known issues and other good stuff including a tool to convert the AI traffic files (found under the main scenery and design tools menu).

The Lakenheath scenery included in MAIW's RAF Lakenheath 48th FW package is not bad and worth looking at. They also do a Seymour Johnson package as well. I have installed many of the MAIW packages and see F-15Es at other locations, such as Nellis for example.

I also have Traffic 360 installed and sometimes it can cause conflicts, as I have found some parking problems such as AI double parking at a spot or following a taxi route where no taxiway exists. This problem is easily sorted though..... as a matter of course, when I install a addon scenery package, irrespective of its origin, I delete/backup the corresponding Traffic 360 airport AFCAD (all found in the Traffic 360 AirportFacilities FOLDER). The 360 AI will simply follow the parking plan of the new scenery layout. NOTE that the bulk of the Traffic 360 AFCADS appear to be based on default FSX Stock airports AFCADS or, in some cases especially military bases, on their own basic update - these can be distinguished by the 360 naming convention - stock APs are by ICAOs (eg EGLL) whilst their own are by dummy ICAOs (eg JFLL).

Regards

Brian

Wow thanks Brian some excellent stuff there.

second question which actually is in line with traffic X . do you know of a guide which is straightforward to follow how to add / amend flights in traffic 360? I looked at the manual and frankly i didn't make a lot of sense to me whatsoever?

As i understand you can only add flight airport to airport and not individual way points but that would be enough for me. i.e. having kc 135s take off from Mildehall and transit to Frankfurt and return trip for example. or a f16 from lakenheath to depart and transit to Leuchars? I guess you get my drift ?

I would look at the dedicated 360 forum page on the JustFlight Forum site - I seem to remember (but not 100% sure) that some of the 360 flight plans can be opened in a text editor, such as notepad, to make simple changes such as deleting military airfield designators from civilian aircraft entries.

There a number of tools that allow you to create/amend AI flight plans - search this site. Some appear more complex than others. The tool referenced on the Owls Nest link in my earlier post will also allow you to create/amend such files.

Maybe the simplest way to accomplish what you want is to use one of the tools to amend a current traffic file that has the type of traffic you want (make a copy of the original, rename the copy to suit your needs and then use the copy to make amendments) and change the departure/arrival airfield entries only. Compile it and test it, any problems simply remove and try again.

The MAIW forum pages are also a good source of info, updated flight plans, etc and you may be able to find what you want there

Regards

Brian

To the OP and anyone else who would like to know. MilViz does have an FSX native AI F-15E and T-38A. If you go to there forums at http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1574 for the F-15E, and http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1124 for the T-38A. These are freeware and come with scenery and flightplans.

Also if you can wait a little longer ACG http://www.airfieldconstructiongroup.org/forum/index.php are working on a native FSX Lakenheath. You will need to join the forums to see any of the screenshots of work in progress, but well worth joining.

Joe

Archived